Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Euro import STI

Search this Thread

Old 24 April 2002, 04:01 PM
SJobson
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm sure this must have been answered before; if it has, could somebody please indulge me?

I've been wondering how a Euro import STI differs from the UK version - the Type UK. Presumably the Euro car ISN'T a Type UK. Apart from badging, does that mean anything? Since I don't like the Type UK badges anyway, it would probably be an extra selling point to me
Old 24 April 2002, 06:36 PM
Deep Singh
Scooby Regular

If its from an EU country with a certificate of European conformity then the only difference will be the badge and alarm/tracker
Old 24 April 2002, 06:47 PM
mutant_matt
Scooby Regular

Talking

...and I believe that the badging is in fact, exactly the same so the difference is no alarm or Tracker....

Matt
Old 24 April 2002, 06:55 PM
noodle
Scooby Regular

Smile

The only other difference is that the EU Imports don't have the extra underbody sealent provided by Subaru UK - although I asked a question like this some while ago and it seems that this can be done cheaply after you get the car, by another garage..

I'd be interested to hear how your getting on as I'm in exactly the same position at the moment, and can't decide which way to go - UK spec (extra £4500) or a EU Certified import (save £4500)...your thoughts.

Mail me if you like and maybe we can swap ideas.

Old 24 April 2002, 07:04 PM
Deep Singh
Scooby Regular

I'm buying a jap import and saving 9k(1 yr old car).Thats a personal choice because I want to tune the car and so warranty is not an issue.If that was'nt the case I'd buy the Euro car and invest the 4.5k saving.The car will be worth less than the UK car on resale but you paid less for it(and hopefully invested the savings wisely!!)