Sponsored by:

New scooby why or why ??!!

Search this Thread

Old 14 August 2011, 09:17 PM
jono300
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New scooby why or why ??!!

Why o why when you try to keep your car in tip top condition does everything seem to go wrong ??!!

bought my 2005 wrx a few months ago with not a mark on it and yet despite being extra cautious when driving / geting in and out the car / parking a mile from any other car in Tescos !! I have in them two short months had the following happen :

1/ screw in side wall off tyre within the first week off ownership

2/ same day noticing two tiny window chip marks with fresh paint damage where the stone has obviously bounced off the bonnet and travelled up and onto the windscreen for another go at causing even more damage !!

3/ Noticing a fresh mark here and there every second day that you never noticed when viewing / buying the car !!!

4/ last week I noticed one off the clips for the drivers side skirts were missing and end cap loose, though thats strange then noticed a bit off the side skirt was chipped / missing - had obviously hit something with the car being lowered ( speed bump ?? ) and decided that it would loose a bit off the car for my trouble !!!

where does it end ???!!! still enjoy it thou, first scooby and still enjoy the feeling every time I drive it even thou I am constanly thinking whats next ??!!

P.s Nearly forgott to mention about the two kerbed alloys on the drivers side !! swear I have never been near a kerb !!

Last edited by jono300; 14 August 2011 at 11:12 PM.
Old 14 August 2011, 10:19 PM
s70rjw
Scooby Senior

It's the same with any car.
We are changing the wife's car in October. In the last month a cyclist scratched and dented the rear hatch and someone scratched the nearside wing and bumper. £500 to repair to part exchange..........
Old 15 August 2011, 09:17 AM
JohnD
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Most enthusiasts will be aware of every scratch, door ding, stone chip etc. and will notice straight away when a new one turns up. On my wifes Mazda3 I've noticed marks that she was totally unaware of and still would be, if I hadn't mentioned them!
If you make a point of cleaning the car every week, you'll notice everything.

JohnD
Old 15 August 2011, 09:31 AM
sprigeteer
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jono300
3/ Noticing a fresh mark here and there every second day that you never noticed when viewing / buying the car !!!

4/ last week I noticed one off the clips for the drivers side skirts were missing and end cap loose, though thats strange then noticed a bit off the side skirt was chipped / missing - had obviously hit something with the car being lowered ( speed bump ?? ) and decided that it would loose a bit off the car for my trouble !!!

where does it end ???!!! still enjoy it thou, first scooby and still enjoy the feeling every time I drive it even thou I am constanly thinking whats next ??!!

P.s Nearly forgott to mention about the two kerbed alloys on the drivers side !! swear I have never been near a kerb !!

I decided two years ago to stop cleaning my car myself for this very reason. I had a series of Condition 1 classics (MG's, Jaguars etc). But everytime I cleaned it I came away sick as a parrot - new marks, previously missed damage. However, small it really pi$$ed me off. I have washed my Scooby by hand twice in 5 years though necessity. Otherwise it gets done by someone else and I don't look too hard at the final result. Cars are to be driven not looked at, especially Impreza's. Much happier now.
Old 15 August 2011, 11:34 AM
a5h
Scooby Regular

Happens to us all mate. I'm afraid to wash the car myself for fear of finding another scratch/stone chip.
Old 15 August 2011, 12:57 PM
Dazza9t9
Scooby Regular

Every car I have ever bought when I first looked at it I thought it was mint, but over the following weeks noticed more and more scratches, dinks, stone chips ect ect
Old 15 August 2011, 06:55 PM
CHOLTON
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Dazza9t9
Every car I have ever bought when I first looked at it I thought it was mint, but over the following weeks noticed more and more scratches, dinks, stone chips ect ect
I was just going to write exactly the above , it really pains me to find new marks but I find cleaning a car quite relaxing and wouldn't want anyone else to do it for me .