Sponsored by:

Doc's day out.........

Search this Thread

Old 31 March 2001, 08:42 AM
DocJock
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Well Puff just about covered it all in his post but if him and JF can do it...................

Arrived after a crappy drive up the A34 at 50-60 all the way from Winchester to M1 for much needed coffee and a chance to unwind before the hostilities.

Tour of the workshop was incredible, it is as clean as my surgery!! I reckon Pete's going to have the ScoobySport guys out with the Jif and the Marigolds on Monday Guy giving the talk reckons the Audi 1.8 turbo engine is good for 500 bhp on <I>stock</I> internals.

On track, nice pit area, completely level with loads of room and spacious garaging.

The track itself, we were on the SouthWest circuit of about 2.6 miles, was one of 34 combinations The surface was superb and you could really loon it up as there was absolutely no issues with hard scenery apart from at the corner before the main 1km straight (100mph down to 2nd gear corner) having a marshals post and tyre wall on outside of the corner. Two or three s-bend sequences mean you can really get things sliding and, if you want, plenty of sideways action. There are also 3 or 4 big stops to make up on those with large power advantages

Only possible criticism is that being an airfield site there is no gradient so you can't get much of a view of what's happening elsewhere on the circuit, but that's just nitpicking.

Trackime was excellent with some different machinery there to say the least. Woud love to say that nowt passed me but the Lister P1 did me down the straight (and then spun right in front of me, he blamed fuel starvation LOL ). Also had to move over for CK1 , what can you do with that boy ? Next time I'm gonna stuff some socks up his 'zorst.

Second session was great, 2nd out with only a BMW 535 in front, so he lasted 2 corners at then BINGO....2.5 miles of empty track. Great fun was had

Last session was followed out by 355F1 and got to end of main straight before him...didn't see him again all session . He said afterwards he was pulling 140 at the end of the 1km straight. As Puff said Scoobs could get to 125-130 so I was amazed 'coz he was giving it full hammer and only 10 mph difference.

Only one stoppage all day, Lotus 340 went off in a 720 spin and as he did so was t-boned by the folowing Golf G60 - hope evreyone is OK.

Laugh of the day ??....there were rides in a 2-seater Formula Palmer-Audi (300bhp/550kg). I didn't partake as it was £100 for 1 lap !!! When this boy left the pits onto the track entry slip he lit up the rears and snaked it onto the circuit. The black lines were within inches of all the previous ones every time, and he's getting paid !!! Bastid !!LOL

I for one will be severely disappointed if SIDC can't visit this acility in the near future, although from what Pete and stef say I don't think I will Thanks due to Autocar, Palmer Audi Motorsport, Subaru UK and to all the guys who pulled over

DJ