Sponsored by:

Some F***ing bike riders

Search this Thread

Old 31 July 2011, 04:54 PM
jta
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Some F***ing bike riders

Ok is a nice day decided to have a run up to my caravan never been fro a while so just to check everything was ship shape. Arrived at the start of the military road here in northumberland, its a very twisty rise and fall road fantastic i thought never been in impreza was looking forward to ride up.. Going well until i came up behinda a 2006 fireblade with red ranger in command, (now before all you bikerider start on me let me say i have had bikes for years and am a cardington trained instructor(i can teach people to ride) for 5 years)..Anyhoo you know the type all the gear and not a clue every bend i ended up down to 40mph but holy crap everytime there was a straight he was in command of the enterprise got a big gap between us then yup there it was again a "bend" i was behind him again, i got past him twice on the bend but when the straight came he came past me again just to hold me up...This went on for 20mile until he over cooked a bend hahahahaha scared the **** out of himself and rode along at a constant 40mph i past and was gone the ****..well sorry for the rant guys but what a dope
Old 31 July 2011, 05:45 PM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

So your a biker and an instructor and you did that to someone who obviously could not ride.

Why did you not just slow right down let him on his way and then have your fun

What if he had come off in front of you.

Well done, i'm glad your pleased with yourself
Old 31 July 2011, 05:54 PM
JonMc
Scooby Senior

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

They're out there in force - nice weather, test-in-a-week and big bikes, recipe for disaster. Was going through the Galloway forest last week in a works TD Vectra and was being held up by a biker - steering through the bends rather than riding, he wouldn't lean the bike at all, but left us for dust on the straight.
Old 31 July 2011, 05:58 PM
Myles
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ditchmyster
So your a biker and an instructor and you did that to someone who obviously could not ride.

I dont really see what he did wrong. Overtaking is ok, and the biker should take the responsibility if he cannot ride by not re-overtaking. Then the OP would be able to go on his way. He never said he was tailgating, just that he ended up back behind him at every bend.
Old 31 July 2011, 06:19 PM
morpheus1870
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Myles
I dont really see what he did wrong. Overtaking is ok, and the biker should take the responsibility if he cannot ride by not re-overtaking. Then the OP would be able to go on his way. He never said he was tailgating, just that he ended up back behind him at every bend.
Agree
Old 31 July 2011, 06:45 PM
fpan
Scooby Regular

Received 174 Likes on 128 Posts

Originally Posted by jta
i got past him twice on the bend
As long as it wasn't a blind bend.

I don't see what the biker did wrong either, if he wasn't confident in the bends better slow than dead.

Last edited by fpan; 31 July 2011 at 06:49 PM.
Old 31 July 2011, 07:17 PM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Myles
Testosterone.

He also stated that he was looking forward to the drive, so why get involved

Ok it wasn't his fault, but i would have though with his credentials he may have had a little more understanding.

And yes the biker was a kn0b, not sure what that makes the op for realising it and continuing to be a part of this guys world.

A lot easier to pull over and grab a bit of free space, it's what i do in situations like that, then just get on and have some fun, it's a public road just expect there to be other people on it and act accordingly.

Thats my 2p worth.
Old 31 July 2011, 07:33 PM
prodriverules
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Testosterone.

He also stated that he was looking forward to the drive, so why get involved

Ok it wasn't his fault, but i would have though with his credentials he may have had a little more understanding.

And yes the biker was a kn0b, not sure what that makes the op for realising it and continuing to be a part of this guys world.

A lot easier to pull over and grab a bit of free space, it's what i do in situations like that, then just get on and have some fun, it's a public road just expect there to be other people on it and act accordingly.

Thats my 2p worth.
Old 31 July 2011, 09:13 PM
wylie1
Scooby Regular

i also love bikes aswell thing that makes me laugh is its ok for a bike to overtake you but you over take a bike you get called a wa*ker as what happend to me today then signaled to his mate to kick my car but his mate thought better of it realising my car weighs alot more than his bike the tw*t
Old 31 July 2011, 09:16 PM
QUICKSCOOB
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by prodriverules
Live Long And Prosper.
Old 31 July 2011, 09:46 PM
scoobiepaul
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by morpheus1870
Agree
+1
Old 31 July 2011, 10:13 PM
millsy3
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by fpan
As long as it wasn't a blind bend.

I don't see what the biker did wrong either, if he wasn't confident in the bends better slow than dead.
good point, he might have only passed his test on friday for all you know and only confident on straights,if thats the case, you were just gettin in the way.
Old 31 July 2011, 11:21 PM
[JP]
Scooby Regular

you are a Cardington trained instructor and you acted like that?..

the guy had all the gear.... and therefore you assumed that he had to be the top rider because of the gear? I thought you being a Cardington instructor you should know better that having all the gear is fundamental, even if you are riding a 125??

I'm a biker, and hold an ACU license, if it was me behind a biker like that, if I wanted to enjoy the road I was driving, I would just back off a bit, let him gain a good lead, and then drive as I wish..

exactly the same as when I find any car on my favorite roads, stop, have a smoke, then crack on when no cars have gone past me.

Simples.
Old 31 July 2011, 11:30 PM
bigbruiseral
Scooby Regular

I had a chain snap on me at approx 50mph under accelration out of a bend....had a **** been up my chuff exiting the bend i would prob not be here.
I always make room for any biker let them pass safely and have some fun on my own because apart from a select few us a current sport bike will just whoop most cars let alone the alimghty Subaru
Old 31 July 2011, 11:39 PM
dazdavies
Scooby Regular

Received 82 Likes on 46 Posts

Simple, have a 600bhp classic! very few bikes will get anywhere near that on UK roads

Before you all two wheel heros start I had a K2 Gixer 1000 for several years so I know exactly what bikes can do :P

Joking aside though, if you're an instructor you really, REALLY should know better.
Old 31 July 2011, 11:42 PM
Terminator X
Owner of SNet

Bikes & bikers can't go round bends faster than 40mph, FACT! Get em on some back roads with little traffic & they're history

TX.
Old 31 July 2011, 11:44 PM
[JP]
Scooby Regular

daz... bikes have evolved *slightly* since the K2 gixxers.....

and the bike cc, on UK roads, (fun roads, not straights that any trained monkey can do) is not a big factor, properly setup suspension, gearing and rider ability, will put to shame a lot of cars...

Old 31 July 2011, 11:46 PM
[JP]
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Terminator X
Bikes & bikers can't go round bends faster than 40mph, FACT! Get em on some back roads with little traffic & they're history

TX.
hihihihihi, that's funny! Alton - Basingstoke, you are from Berks you probably know that road. Do you think, honestly, that with a clear road, you'd be faster on that road than a bike?
Old 31 July 2011, 11:52 PM
360ste
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Agree with giving bikers space, but he should not have gone for warp speed on the straights as he also has responsibility to other roasd users.
Old 31 July 2011, 11:53 PM
dazdavies
Scooby Regular

My point exactly, alot of cars but not all.
I'd pitch my Classic against ANY bike on our lovely bumpy twisted B roads and our lovely long straight beautifly tarmac'd A roads/Motorways for that matter too

But If I happened to stumble across a biker like the one that's described here I'd either be passed him aand gone or I'd just let him have his "victory" as I'd rather that than drive over him when he falls off and have his death on my conscience.
Old 01 August 2011, 12:03 AM
[JP]
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by dazdavies
My point exactly, alot of cars but not all.
I'd pitch my Classic against ANY bike on our lovely bumpy twisted B roads and our lovely long straight beautifly tarmac'd A roads/Motorways for that matter too

But If I happened to stumble across a biker like the one that's described here I'd either be passed him aand gone or I'd just let him have his "victory" as I'd rather that than drive over him when he falls off and have his death on my conscience.

Naaa... that's not fair!
you are taking the bike out of its semi-natural element into B roads... a supersports, is essencially a track bike, focused for track (with a few tweaks required), so a semi element would be a nice A road...

same with your car, just guessing here, but probably nice suspension setup, etc... the normal place would be an A road, bumpy B roads is taking it out of place..

its almost the same as me asking you to get your car down a lane, against my Defender....not fair!
Old 01 August 2011, 12:12 AM
dazdavies
Scooby Regular

I'd still have a bash
Old 01 August 2011, 12:43 AM
The Rig
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Everyones a hero in the saftey of their cages

Of course a super duper fast car can keep up with a bike,well,if the rider is just a normal rider,like i class myself and most out there.
Its the fact that a slight mishap on my/bikers behalf at the speeds were on about means certain death on the bike,in a car,means something totally different.
Old 01 August 2011, 12:44 AM
[JP]
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by dazdavies
I'd still have a bash
I think you'd struggle to go where the Defender goes though....

Old 01 August 2011, 08:08 AM
lisa_z
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jta
Ok is a nice day decided to have a run up to my caravan never been fro a while so just to check everything was ship shape. Arrived at the start of the military road here in northumberland, its a very twisty rise and fall road fantastic i thought never been in impreza was looking forward to ride up.. Going well until i came up behinda a 2006 fireblade with red ranger in command, (now before all you bikerider start on me let me say i have had bikes for years and am a cardington trained instructor(i can teach people to ride) for 5 years)..Anyhoo you know the type all the gear and not a clue every bend i ended up down to 40mph but holy crap everytime there was a straight he was in command of the enterprise got a big gap between us then yup there it was again a "bend" i was behind him again, i got past him twice on the bend but when the straight came he came past me again just to hold me up...This went on for 20mile until he over cooked a bend hahahahaha scared the **** out of himself and rode along at a constant 40mph i past and was gone the ****..well sorry for the rant guys but what a dope
Omg i come across this daily . I dont see why bike riders who are not cofident with corners dont just let the cars overtake and get on the way and surely if the bike was re overtaling the car and catching the car up he must have been really speading on the strait. On back roads round here it is quite easy to do a constant 60 both on the strats and around quite twisty roads in cars but bikes drop to 30 on most corners and floor it on straits.
Sorry but biker was in the wrong and also speeding.
Old 01 August 2011, 09:20 AM
CREWJ
Scooby Regular

I thought you would have had a bit more sympathy for someone without the skills to ride quickly.

Either that or you're not committed enough to get away from him
Old 01 August 2011, 06:15 PM
dazdavies
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by [JP]
I think you'd struggle to go where the Defender goes though....

LOL Good point, well made
Old 02 August 2011, 10:30 AM
jta
Scooby Regular

Erm i think you need to read the post again you sarcastic drip.. at what point did i say i put the rider in danger obviously i stayed behind him for almost 20 mile until it was safe to pass (on 2 occasions) in this case..
why didnt i slow down what do you think i did at every bend idiot.
can you please tell me and at least the other 2 people who are interested in your drivel what did i do to the bike rider ?
I await your reply with eager anticipation
Old 02 August 2011, 11:14 AM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I've noticed a lot more "new" riders recently.. I've pointed this out before, but it seems that they enjoy filtering to the front of traffic, sit right in front of me and then slowly ride off .. when I wanted to push it a bit more .. and if I dare to go past them .. OMG
Old 02 August 2011, 11:18 AM
CREWJ
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by pimmo2000
I've noticed a lot more "new" riders recently.. I've pointed this out before, but it seems that they enjoy filtering to the front of traffic, sit right in front of me and then slowly ride off .. when I wanted to push it a bit more .. and if I dare to go past them .. OMG
I've noticed this too

So I just go past them. It's like overtaking a cyclist.

Quick Reply: Some F***ing bike riders