Sponsored by:

What should i get done?

Search this Thread

Old 24 July 2011, 04:10 PM
MCR
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What should i get done?

Hi all. finally getting the car insured this week, after my cars been parked up for a whole year. As i will be getting my car serviced within the next few weeks im just after a bit of advice, What should i get done on the car Obviously i will get the diff, gearbox and engine oil changed but what else? I'm considering having the cambelt changed because if i dont do it this year i'm going to have to get it changed next year, but don't really know if it needs doing with my cars mileage being so low, The car is a 2006 Hawkeye STI and has only covered 5000 miles since new. also considering getting spark plugs changed,brakes, brake fluid, clutch fluid,
To be honest i've never had to get any car serviced before so i'm a bit unsure of how to go about it
Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks.
Old 24 July 2011, 04:17 PM
GezP
Scooby Regular

First thing mate, get a good mechanic / garage. Where abouts are? People here can recommend people depending on where you are.

I'd do all the above mate. I've just had my belt done and I was only at 30K, piece of mind mate. The mechanic / garage will advice on oils etc and I'd upgrade your spark plugs.
Old 24 July 2011, 04:17 PM
Shaks-STI
Scooby Regular

if your car has been parked up for a year i would service the car first oil, filter at least and if there is any fuel in the tank dont use it get new fuel and fuel filter, i wouldn't drive the car like that without being serviced.
Old 24 July 2011, 04:21 PM
MCR
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by GezP
First thing mate, get a good mechanic / garage. Where abouts are? People here can recommend people depending on where you are.

I'd do all the above mate. I've just had my belt done and I was only at 30K, piece of mind mate. The mechanic / garage will advice on oils etc and I'd upgrade your spark plugs.
Cheers mate i'm in south/west wales but my dealer is over 50 miles away.
Old 24 July 2011, 04:27 PM
MCR
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by BLACKSTI97
if your car has been parked up for a year i would service the car first oil, filter at least and if there is any fuel in the tank dont use it get new fuel and fuel filter, i wouldn't drive the car like that without being serviced.
I see what your saying mate, im planning on topping up the gear oil as its low. And changing the fuel before i travel anywhere the cars going in for a MOT next week and then a service the week after the thing is my main dealer is over 50 mile away and to be honest im a bit worried about travelling there.
PS; the car has been started atleast once a week whilst being off the road.
Old 24 July 2011, 04:32 PM
GezP
Scooby Regular

I think there's a 'south wales' group, search on here mate. They should be able to recommend someone to do the work. Subaru dealerships aren't always the best. You're way to far out for the mobile mechanic I'd recommend.