Sponsored by:

Dealers who will buy an STI IV

Search this Thread

Old 28 March 2001, 11:47 PM
Darren P
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Come on guys, some of you must have sold your Jap imports to independent dealers in the recent past??

Any thoughts, names, addresses appreciated...

Thanks.

Darren
Old 29 March 2001, 08:57 AM
Darren P
Scooby Regular

Question

You may have seen my other thread about selling my 1998 STI IV (STILL very reasonably priced in the Sales section ... )

My question now is this: if I wanted to sell it to a dealer, to avoid all of the hassle of a private sale, does anybody know any good dealers (presumably not official IM dealers)who would buy it from me for a decent price?? Has anybody actually managed to get a decent price from an independent dealer for their Jap import??

I know that I will lose a certain amount by doing this compared to a private sale, but any ideas how much??

Thanks for all your comments.

Darren
Old 29 March 2001, 02:38 PM
alistair
Scooby Senior

Wink

I was talking to a dealer the other day - Chandlers I think and they offered to take my STi as px on a MY '00 - 'till I explained why I bought an import in the first place
Old 29 March 2001, 02:53 PM
JohnS

Unhappy

Sorry to be the bringer of bad news, but I think you would stand to lose quite a bit by selling it to a dealer.

Knowing a few similar spec cars to your own which have sold recently for under £14k (private sales), then I would expect a dealer to offer around £12k - £13k max

It would be a crime to let such a good car go for such little money, but it's definitely a buyers market at the moment.
Old 29 March 2001, 03:03 PM
NITO
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

I've seen STi V4 Type R's change hands in the trade for around the 10-11k mark. So I definately wouldn't even consider this route unless you are pretty desperate to get rid of it or can afford to not be bothered with the hassle and time wasters associated with private sales. Saying this, the chances of even private sales are pretty slow at the moment too!!

Nito
Old 29 March 2001, 03:06 PM
Steve Wilson
Scooby Regular

I have started sniffing around as I will be selling my R reg Jun '98 STi4, DMB 5 door in the next few months. Standard except for Prodrive suspension. 50k miles, full Subaru service history.

First p/x offer £11k.

Anybody looking for a one owner from new car over the next few months?
Old 29 March 2001, 09:52 PM
Gary- X705+++
Scooby Regular

Their's a garage in Ipswich that deals in just jap imports, it's called MAYFIELDS and is on Bramford Road. Sorry don't have the number.

Gary-Ipswich