Sponsored by:

Subaru's S I Drive

Search this Thread

Old 12 July 2011, 10:27 PM
Tommy2396
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Subaru's S I Drive

I'm sure the intelligent mode and sport mode is not healthy for the cars with S I Drive it just seems to restrict the free flowing of the engine when driving (I know obviously thats what it supposed to do and it's linked to the map) but it feels like its starving the engine of fuel which doesn't feel right and healthy when you try to put your foot down in these modes. I know yes if you want to put your foot down you should switch modes but driving you need to, without thinking sometimes.

In my thoughts Im thinking this is a contributing factor to the ringland failures? Especially as I keep hearing standard engines (mainly in the US) being tuned to high bhp with no problems for 10's of thousands of miles. The engine just feels so right with it being constantly driven in sport sharp mode and so wrong in the other two modes.

Needless to say I never drive in any other mode apart from sport sharp.
Old 12 July 2011, 11:04 PM
Tommy2396
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is another thing I've tested with the SI drive, different fuels and different speeds using cruise control and not. I get more mpg in sport sharp than the other two modes every time!