Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Not sure where to post his, but please help me with prodrive problems.

Search this Thread

Old 07 July 2011, 01:25 PM
magne
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Not sure where to post his, but please help me with prodrive problems.

I have posted this in an other section of the forum, but not sure if i should post it there or here.
Any moderators please feel free to move the post to correct place in forum.

Hi.

I have big problem with prodrive, can someone please help me resolve this, or get in contact with prodrive? Or maybe have someone from prodrive read this post and answer why they do not provide service or anything resembling custumer service.

I ordered a set of rims from prodrive in mid april (through my norwegian subaru dealership), before easter. The rims were prodrive gt1 in gold, 18x7,5" studpattern 5x100 and offset +53.
A week later three rims arrived, with a message that the last rim would be a couple of weeks dealyed. The last rims still havent arrived. (beginning of july)
So it has now been about three months since I ordered a set of rims (four), and i only recived three of them.

The big problem comes when I try to contact Prodrive, as the are impossible to get in contact with.

I did email them before ordering, and then they replied my emails within a couple of hours. Now when i contact them by email, they do not reply at all. I've tried to contact them several times with the issue of my last missing rim, but no one answers my emails.
I've tried calling them, but no one answers the phone.

My dealership have tried to contact prodrive many times. Prodrive only answers questins about stock inventory and orders to my dealership.
When my dealership ask about my missing rim prodrive refuses to answer the question.

So I would like to get in touch with someone at prodrive who can please tell my what is going on, why they are giving me so bad service, and why they haven't delivered the last rims after so much time, and why they won't answer any question about this problem.

My dealership has offered me to take back the rims and give me a full refund for my three rims, but because of the norwegian subaru warranty, I do not want to do this.
The subaru import firm in norway only give full warranty of the undercarrige of the car if you have rims with original offset of +53 or +55 on the 2008-2011 models. If I go with any other rims, the warrany is voided, and any problems with the whole undercarrige will be at my expence. The other rims for sale in norway have a max offset of +48.

Only other way I can get a set of 18" rims with the 53 offset is to special order a set from compomotive or braid, and I've tried that already. Compomotive haden't made my rims four months after i ordered them, so i canceled that order and ordered from prodrive instead.

So once again I beg someone at prodrive to please help me and sort out all the problems with this order, and just send the final rim to norway, so i can get the full set with rims.
I do not think it is acceptable to wait for three months without any answer when ordering a set of rims.

Best regards.
Magne cavallin - norway. (from imprezadriversclub.com norwegian subaru forum)