Sponsored by:

FMIC - relocate or buy?

Search this Thread

Old 06 June 2011, 11:15 AM
Boosty
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FMIC - relocate or buy?

so I am looking at getting a FMIC, on a blobeye 2005 wrx.

Excuse me if this is an obvious mistake, but can i relocate my original aftermarket Top mount intercooler & buy the appropriate popework and hoses? or is that impossible? if not, does anyone have a fmic set up they want gone cheap?

any help would be good, also, what type of gains do you usually see on this kind of set up - injectors, vf34 running 320bhp, full decat, induction etc etc
Old 06 June 2011, 11:29 AM
Kedlestone
Scooby Regular

I would think you'd see 330-340ish at the most. I wouldn't want to take it much further imo without risking damage to either the gearbox or the block, saying that I do know of a guy running 400+ on his standard wrx block and gearbox.

As for the FMIC, I've never heard of anyone relocating the top mount to the front. Wouldn't have thought anyone makes a bracket assembly for it let alone a pipe system for it.

Good luck!
Old 06 June 2011, 11:37 AM
Boosty
Scooby Regular

hmmm just thought it would have been a waste to buy a new intercooler and loose the one i have already.... so out of interest, has the guy running over 400 had any major problems? mines done 52k now, just had the big end rebuilt. new exedy race clutch good for up to 400 i believe etc.

What did he run, which turbo & what size injectors?
Old 06 June 2011, 11:52 AM
Kedlestone
Scooby Regular

I hear what your saying but like I said I've never heard or seen a top mount being relocated to the front.

I'm not sure what the guy was running for 400+ but I know the mapper who mapped it for him and he was surprised that it hadn't gone bang yet. All being told he said he'd not had any problems with it since the map which was about 6 months ago now.

Maybe put a thread out on Snet to see if there's anyone on here running 400+ on a standard newage wrx? Might get lucky!