Sponsored by:

Wagon space

Search this Thread

Old 05 June 2011, 02:41 PM
awdx4
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wagon space

Hi Folks, could someone give me an idea of how much space there is in the back of a classic wagon and if the rear seats fold flat?

I'm asking because I was thinking of picking up a cheap Forrester as a second car, having owned a fairly late Turbo XT Forrester prior to getting my Hawk. But you know how it is when one starts looking at cars, the fingers allow one to drift a little off subject and now I'm wondering if I might get a turbo classic wagon to cart my fishing gear in instead of a non turbo fozzie.

Cheers

Tim
Old 05 June 2011, 04:34 PM
midnight
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Once the seats are folded down flat,you can get a 6ft daiwa 12 tube holdall in the back along with your seat box & your net bags comfortably + you can get to your venue no matter what the weathers doing and get back to the clubhouse for a beer afterwards before everyone else .
Old 05 June 2011, 04:41 PM
ginger321
Scooby Regular

hi mate

Ive been pike fishing for years with classic wagons. With the seats folded down I can get a greys rod quiver system with four made up rods in, bivvy, huge daiwa rucksack, stuff sack, baitboat, waders, wet weather clothes, bedchair, etc etc etc and still see out the rear view mirror! More than enough tackle for three or four days.

Ive a book somewhere with the exact capacity in litres of the classic wagons boot with the seats up or down. Not sure where it is i'll dig it out and post that up if you want
Old 05 June 2011, 06:01 PM
awdx4
Scooby Regular

That's a great pair of replies, and definitely answers my question in respect of space. Over the months I've become a big Impreza fan and although it will be my fishing motor I'm sure I'll treat it to the same degree of pampering as the Hawk and get to discover the pleasure of driving a classic.

many thanks

Tim