Search this Thread

Old 04 June 2011, 11:15 PM
jono300
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ebay car - thoughts ??

Thoughts on this one guys ??

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2004-SUBARU-IM...item20ba0c7dea

any ideas on who done the engine work from the paperwork in one off the pics ??
Old 04 June 2011, 11:16 PM
Pramas
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jono300

dont wanna start the great debate up again, but if u can find a decent sti thats the 1 to choose, sooner or later u will mod it, there is no stopping the urge and sti is a better car
Also as a side note , the receipt is from eclispe performance in sunderland, those jokers wanted to cut my rear diffuser just to make their exhaust fit, no thanks , id stay away personally ( and iam from near where they are based )

Last edited by Pramas; 04 June 2011 at 11:20 PM.
Old 04 June 2011, 11:17 PM
beastgtir
Scooby Regular

says eclipse performance at the bottom of it..
http://www.eclipse-performance.com/
Old 04 June 2011, 11:19 PM
jura11
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Eclipse Performance ltd.

You are still hunting bobeye?

Jura
Old 04 June 2011, 11:27 PM
jono300
Scooby Regular

Cheers guys appreciatte the advice, yet another off the list !!!!

jura 11 - yep still looking for a nice blobeye, so many subs have unfortunate stories attached with them !!

no desperate hurry to buy thou so a nice one at a realistic price will come my way eventually I am sure !!
Old 04 June 2011, 11:35 PM
jura11
Scooby Regular

Cheers guys appreciatte the advice, yet another off the list !!!!

jura 11 - yep still looking for a nice blobeye, so many subs have unfortunate stories attached with them !!

no desperate hurry to buy thou so a nice one at a realistic price will come my way eventually I am sure !!
Probably will be better find low mileage bugeye STi,which are still good cars and if are well maintained are very well reliable.

Good luck matey,hope you find your car.

Jura
Old 04 June 2011, 11:43 PM
jono300
Scooby Regular

Cheers and thanks again.
Old 04 June 2011, 11:45 PM
Rob Day
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Whats your budget mate?
Old 04 June 2011, 11:51 PM
jono300
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Rob Day
Whats your budget mate?
Well according to another thread on the for sale section I am getting advised due to the current market you can get sti blobs for 4k now so what you got ??!!
Old 04 June 2011, 11:54 PM
MattyB1983
Scooby Regular

Received 46 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Pramas
dont wanna start the great debate up again, but if u can find a decent sti thats the 1 to choose, sooner or later u will mod it, there is no stopping the urge and sti is a better car
You will get stoned for that buddy, I speak from experience.
The WRX boys will be on you quicker than a fly on ****.
Old 04 June 2011, 11:57 PM
MattyB1983
Scooby Regular

Well according to another thread on the for sale section I am getting advised due to the current market you can get sti blobs for 4k now so what you got ??!!
You won't pick a blob STI up for £4K yet buddy, well not one worth owning any way.
Old 05 June 2011, 12:04 AM
Rob Day
Scooby Regular

I havent really got a car for you mate, its slightly modified

However as for the Blobeye STI for £4k, dont listen to them unless you want a CAT car, accident damaged, blown engined, 150K, Q plate, or otherwise extremely shocking example. Yes the used car market is low, but not that low. I would imagine for £4k you would struggle to get a "reasonable" condition STI Bugeye. To be honest I see a good condition WRX Bug being around £3'000 - £3'500, a STI Bug £4'500 - £5.500. But again thats for a reasoable condition car, ie service history although not all FSSH, some supermarket dings and average miles, so 90 ish. For a mint Blobeye expect to pay £7'000 +

Rob
Old 05 June 2011, 12:11 AM
Pramas
Scooby Regular

just out of interest , whats wrong with a good classic sti? they quite cheap these days and with your budget you could cover any work needed ( which you should always budget for with these cars anyways )
Old 05 June 2011, 12:12 AM
Rob Day
Scooby Regular

Just to add, there has been some really good examples on here recently (last month or so) that havent been snapped up yet due to the ever increasing lack of funds from the public buyers. I can recall a trader selling a JDM Bug on here for silly money, and I dont think its sold yet, £5'000 rings a bell.

It all depends on YOUR budget, and YOUR goal, ie have you got £5'000 to spend and want a nice quick family car (Blob WRX), or do you want something a little more spirited (Bug STI) for occasional track use?

If you dont lay down your cards (Funds, Average miles, Useage, Preference blah blah) nobody on here can help you make the right decision, but one thing for sure is that although most people on here agree with each other, everyone is entitled to their opinion and as such some folk dont know what is best becuase they are in their own bubble, so dont be fooled or misled into buying the wrong car for you.

Rob
Old 05 June 2011, 12:13 AM
Pramas
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by MattyB1983
You will get stoned for that buddy, I speak from experience.
The WRX boys will be on you quicker than a fly on ****.
lol wait till RS Matt sees this thread
Old 05 June 2011, 12:13 AM
Rob Day
Scooby Regular

just out of interest , whats wrong with a good classic sti? they quite cheap these days and with your budget you could cover any work needed ( which you should always budget for with these cars anyways )
Are we assuming the OP's budget is £4'000 ? He hasnt said.
Old 05 June 2011, 12:14 AM
Rob Day
Scooby Regular

lol wait till RS Matt sees this thread

Ohhh please

Lets start that off again

Old 05 June 2011, 12:15 AM
Pramas
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Rob Day
Are we assuming the OP's budget is £4'000 ? He hasnt said.
well the ad was for 4.5k so thats a good starting point, classics look good and tbh are very good cars for not much at all in this market. Just another option to throw out there
Old 05 June 2011, 12:17 AM
jura11
Scooby Regular

Don't have 6speed,don't have strong enough engine,ECU(in most cases not mappable),don't have Brembo etc.

Bug STi is tick all boxes.

Jura
Old 05 June 2011, 12:19 AM
jura11
Scooby Regular

WRX are good cars,but if you are thinking tune the car,STi will be better start.

Jura
Old 05 June 2011, 12:20 AM
Pramas
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jura11
Don't have 6speed,don't have strong enough engine,ECU(in most cases not mappable),don't have Brembo etc.

Jura
it does fail in 1 major spot, looks ( now ill be shot for blasphemy ! ). Classics are good cars, having said that i personally went for hawk but each to their own
Old 05 June 2011, 12:33 AM
jura11
Scooby Regular

it does fail in 1 major spot, looks ( now ill be shot for blasphemy ! ). Classics are good cars, having said that i personally went for hawk but each to their own
Yes but you are went for Hawkeye,if their looks nice,why you are don't bought Classic STi.

Jura
Old 05 June 2011, 12:38 AM
Pramas
Scooby Regular

simply because its a family daily driver and a bit less raw and funds were in place, otherwise i mightve went classic, you cant deny in todays climate you will get an aweful lot of car for not much cash, also a big factor is imo hawks the best looking of them all, why did you choose yours?

Last edited by Pramas; 05 June 2011 at 12:40 AM.
Old 05 June 2011, 12:47 AM
jura11
Scooby Regular

simply because its a family daily driver and a bit less raw and funds were in place, otherwise i mightve went classic, you cant deny in todays climate you will get an aweful lot of car for not much cash, also a big factor is imo hawks the best looking of them all, why did you choose yours?

We are almost bought Classic wagon,but later we are found this and my brother love it(its JDM and have Tiptronic autobox),and later we are went for sort of upgrades and still we love it.

Jura
Old 05 June 2011, 01:10 AM
MattyB1983
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jura11

Jura
For £4500 you can pick up a well modded classic STI. I picked mine up for that last year,
Motec
JDM V9 spec C bottom end
Porsche 6 pots
AST coilovers
Etc etc etc

Really depends on what kind of car the OP wants. A daily drive or a weekend toy. Mine is the later so fits my needs perfectly.

(will admit though that I've spent nearly the same again getting it where I want, lol)
Old 05 June 2011, 01:20 AM
jura11
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by MattyB1983
For £4500 you can pick up a well modded classic STI. I picked mine up for that last year,
Motec
JDM V9 spec C bottom end
Porsche 6 pots
AST coilovers
Etc etc etc

Really depends on what kind of car the OP wants. A daily drive or a weekend toy. Mine is the later so fits my needs perfectly.

(will admit though that I've spent nearly the same again getting it where I want, lol)

I must admit great price there and good starting point.

Yes you can pick up,but mostly classic STi with this package will cost lot more,you are been very lucky

Jura
Old 05 June 2011, 02:39 AM
jono300
Scooby Regular

Guys back to the car that was the subject off this thread anymore thoughts on the car itself ?? see one off the two replies relating to the poor service from this eclipse performance place has been removed - why ??!!

comments on car ??

excuse my ignorance on this side off things !!! but from the engine work carried out by this company whats likely happened to require this sort off work undertaken and from the work done is it an as new engine ??!!

anyone else comment on this eclipse place ??

Last edited by jono300; 05 June 2011 at 02:50 AM.
Old 05 June 2011, 10:08 AM
Rob Day
Scooby Regular

Guys back to the car that was the subject off this thread anymore thoughts on the car itself ?? see one off the two replies relating to the poor service from this eclipse performance place has been removed - why ??!!

comments on car ??

excuse my ignorance on this side off things !!! but from the engine work carried out by this company whats likely happened to require this sort off work undertaken and from the work done is it an as new engine ??!!

anyone else comment on this eclipse place ??
Im not going to comment on Eclipse Performance Garage as I have never used them. As for the engine work, why not ring Eclipse Garage quoting the Reg number and ask them. It is anyones guess, but I would imagine the bottom end started to knock, ie Ringland failure, melted pistons etc etc.

Although hinted above ^^ many times over you still havent stated your budget and useage for "a" car, or are you just asking if the ebay one is worth the punt? For me personally I would say No to the eBay link and im leaving it as vague as that for the reasons why

Rob
Old 05 June 2011, 10:21 AM
jono300
Scooby Regular

Okay thanks mate, looking to spend around 4- 5 k on a wrx, usage - work / pleasure etc. and I am looking for a wrx as opposed to an sti despite what a few others recommend as being the better option to go for !!!

given the current market I am more than sure I will pick up a nice wrx ( 54/55 plate sub 50k - fsh ) for this money and yep despite others telling me that you can pick up an nice blobeye sti for this sort off money have yet to see anything I would even consider under 5k !!!

thanks again guys .
Old 05 June 2011, 11:18 AM
Rob Day
Scooby Regular

[quote=jono300;10074917]Okay thanks mate, looking to spend around 4- 5 k on a wrx, usage - work / pleasure etc. and I am looking for a wrx as opposed to an sti despite what a few others recommend as being the better option to go for !!!quote]

Why? Tell me for what reason you would choose a WRX over a STI ?

Ok so WRX's are cheaper to insure, cheaper to buy, cheaper to maintain (cheaper parts), but ultimately the STI imho is a better car. Im no expert, but having owned 4 Bugeye's I have to say that the STI is much more superior to the WRX with Brembos, Variable valve timng, Stonger engine, 6 Speed box, Better Suspension, Better interior, More Power as standard, Higher Rev Limit, Better Diff, Hold Value a little more...... Im not by no means slating the WRX as it might be the right car for you also, but after owning my share of WRX I dont think i'll ever go back.

Few of mine

Quick Reply: ebay car - thoughts ??