Coilovers/Lowering Springs.

Search this Thread

Old 03 June 2011, 02:23 PM
Kedlestone
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Coilovers/Lowering Springs.

Hi all,

So the time has come to change my springs/coilovers on MY04 WRX.

The trouble is I still can't decide weather to go down the coilover route or just get some springs.

I'm not planning on a track day any time soon but that's not to say a trip to the ring is out of the question in the future. I mainly use the car for commuting with the odd Sunday enthusiastic drive

The car has done 71k on the OEM springs and shocks.

My question is would it be worth going for a full set of coilovers over stiffer lowering springs given the age of the car?

Its worth mentioning I don't yet have a stiffer ARB or anti lift kit, although they are things I will be getting in the future.

Its also a case of having the money for springs now but having to save for coilovers if I go down that route.

What to do????

Cheers all
Old 03 June 2011, 02:33 PM
GezP
Scooby Regular

Personally I couldn't recommend BC Coilovers enough. I love mine, the handling is loads better and the fact I can change the height and hardness is brill. I've got my car at the exact settings for me which you just dont get with springs.

Its worth spending a bit more mate

keep your old shocks etc and if you get rid of the car, swap them back and sell the BC's
Old 03 June 2011, 03:31 PM
sunny1989
Scooby Regular

Save and go for the coilovers mate, you'll only want to get them in the future when you are not satisfied with the adjust-ability/performance that the springs give you!

On pretty much all of my modified cars I've put a set of springs on, a month or so down the line I've been unsatisfied with them and switched to coilovers anyway... I made the mistake on my impreza, and I'm now having to save for BC's!