Sponsored by:

A big thank you to Autotecnica & Andy Carr

Search this Thread

Old 02 June 2011, 10:23 AM
dpn
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A big thank you to Autotecnica & Andy Carr

I've recently had a engine rebuild on my 06 STi Spec D as I had piston failure. Adam and Jamie at Autotecnica in Buxton have done a fantastic job for me with uprated drop-in Mahle pistons, Race bearings, uprated oil & fuel pumps, HG's etc etc. I am so happy with what they have done and at a good price too compared to other places I could have gone to. The car now feels tight and rock solid. I had put the 500 miles on the clock before Andy Carr re-mapped it yesterday, not sure on the figures as he did it on the road, but **** me its quick!!!

If you are anywhere in the Northwest I would recommend using Autotecnica and Andy Carr for anything that you need, they are fantastic, full of useful information and advice. Like I said I couldn't be more pleased with the result.
Old 02 June 2011, 04:01 PM
Scooby Dan
Scooby Regular

You are so right about Autotecnica , Adam and Jamie are both absolutely top blokes and between them there is very little they don't know about Subarus . I have used them for over 5 years now for everything from an oil change to a full forged build and I wouldn't consider going anywhere else .
I can't comment on Andrew as I have never used his services but have heard many good reports .
Glad you are happy with your car , I saw one of your old pistons and it didn't look too clever .
Old 02 June 2011, 05:56 PM
motofox
Scooby Regular

I can vouch for Andy Carr as he mapped my WRX bugeye a few year ago down at thwait developments and mapped it on the road.Gained me an extra 62bhp and put me right on a few things.Had it on Area52 Rollers week later to see the differance from road to rollers and it was only 2bhp diff..Highly reccommend the chap

Glad ya happy with your repair fella