Sponsored by:

FB Tuning strikes again :D

Search this Thread

Old 26 May 2011, 11:26 PM
KAOS_JNR
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile FB Tuning strikes again :D

I am what you might call a very happy chappy right now I brought my 1996 turbo 2000 in December 2008 after having to spend a fair amount of cash getting the car secure alarm tracker and the such like. January 09 I have a crash in the snow being new to Subaru ownership and knowing stealers would bend me over for repairs I contact Buck Subaru Centre and speak to the owner about getting the damage fixed pronto as it was at this time my daily drive I arrive at the site and meet the owner and a guy called Richard both of which are friendly and unbios telling me the car has not had an easy life so repairs done happy smiley me.

Few months later having issues with my clutch take it to another garage and spend a large amount of cash to get this fixed in doing so have APS superlight flywheel fitted.

Following few months follow trouble free motoring I then find myself driving up to the in laws and my car loosing all power???? No idea what the problem could be so relayed home by the AA and a post on Scoobynet "Help!!!" who should send me a message A guy called "Richard" saying he's local he could pop up and have a look over my car excellent.

After much investigation it appears cambelt tensioner slipped and engine is very poorly.

So what do I do Richard gives me my options time it up and risk it maybe a month maybe a year who knows.
Replace engine and not worry so after much discussion with my other half we head down the engine replacement route and replace my tired and very poorly 105k turbo 2000 bottom end and heads with a import sti v2.

So Saturday morning in January Richard and Stuart turn up to do the job out of my garage I have had work done by mechanics before but never one with the meticulous mentality as these two Richard particularly 1 full day one engine out and new engine in car is back and is a very different beast.

Now at this time Richard now becomes FB Tuning I now will not have anyone else work on my car due to me trusting his work ethic and meticulous nature.

So last year i attended BSC's RR day at DSA in Aylesbury having never attending one we put my car on the rollers it produces 240.4bhp 240ft lbs I'm chuffed with that so in the following 12 month and many calls to fb tuning i install a walbro pump i change my current td05 16g for a serviced one and fit a decay down pipe and just a couple of months ago a hdi hybrid gt intercooler supplied by Harvey now i know many people may say you shouldn't drive a impreza with these mods without a remap i have procured a ESL mafless board and 440cc injectors but have not as yet fitted them.

So last couple of months powersteering on the car has be feeling a bit odd so i order a second hand pump from mattyb at pole position and book the car in at FB for this to be fitted while there on a previous visit Rich pointed out some damage to my drivers side wishbone so i get this changed at the same time while there i mentioned that i would like to see what power my car is running now with the modifications.

Richard says that he has a dyno booked tonight and i could bring my car down for a power run.

So off i go for the run and to my suprise my car pull 299.0bhp 270.9ft lbs OMG

Massive thanks to Richard for discouraging me from the pointless mods and directing me to the nessasary mods.

Sorry to rant away but so happy with my results graphs to follow tomorrow
Old 27 May 2011, 12:52 AM
BrownPantsRacing
Scooby Regular

Received 128 Likes on 107 Posts

Cool. Off to get a few goodies fitted by Richard next week actually. Only heard good things.
Old 27 May 2011, 01:13 AM
Aamar786
Scooby Regular

im getin my twin plate exdy clutch fitted by him next week, heard good things bout him, completley oposite to colin minton lol
Old 27 May 2011, 01:31 AM
Paulo P
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Aamar786
completley oposite to colin minton lol
It would seem! Colin used to have a good name but he lost it Can't go far wrong with Rich though and he does my car and everything on it for me

Glad you're happy, I'd be interested to see what mine's doing because it was mapped on the ARC and seems to pull rather well considering the spec
Old 08 August 2011, 08:44 PM
pmarch bugeye
Scooby Regular

I think this is the bloke I need to consult about my Hawkeye STI suspension issues, and definitely to get the geometry set up to the fast road settings. Does he have a proper garage and somewhere in Princes Risborough?
Old 08 August 2011, 10:01 PM
pete@s/e imprezas
Former Sponsor

yes rich has a proper garage .yes hes in princess risborough give him a bell and get yourself booked
Old 08 August 2011, 10:19 PM
hpoolsteve
Scooby Regular

was that without a remap?