Standard Version 1 STi - Another "What's it worth?"

Search this Thread

Old 19 May 2011, 01:21 PM
tom991981
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Standard Version 1 STi - Another "What's it worth?"

Hi All,

At some point in the next few months I am going to have to take a decision to either keep and store my V1 STi or sell it as I may be moving abroad for an as yet unknown period of time.

I have steadily been making it tidier while I have owned it. I have been a bit naughty and changed out some standard bits BUT have kept all the old bits to make stock again if need be...ie sports cat but have cat still, wheels, I have the originals that need a refurb but I have the later wheels on and they are just refurbed and mint. Everything stock under the bonnet. I have swapped the ECU to a MajorSarcasm chipped one after trying both on Surrey Rolling Road and Charlie told me that it would be better to run the safer MajorSarcasm ECU for fueling reasons. (The original is an SA and is for 100RON fuel, till have this naturally). It has the plaque etc , June 1994, 193 of 200 off the top of my head...

Its pretty good condition, a few stone chips on the bonnet but thats about it. etc but overall is very clean. I look after it! Obviously milage is high but it runs superbly now. I did have a problem with boost but it turns out it was dud fuel! Now fine! Here is a pic:

So is it worth keeping and storing? If I will only get £2k I would rather keep it as my parents could make room. Is it a classic? or just another old Impreza?

So over to you....whats it worth?

Old 19 May 2011, 01:42 PM
scooby kid
Scooby Regular

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

deffo worth keeping you will get sod all for it at the moment all early classics are so cheap unless big power models
Old 19 May 2011, 02:06 PM
tom991981
Scooby Regular

That's what I thought however if its not going to get anymore valuable as its not really a "classic" classic then there is no point in keeping it and I may as well move on....?

What is it worth then?
Old 19 May 2011, 02:17 PM
MattyB1983
Scooby Regular

Received 46 Likes on 30 Posts

In completely standard trim it will have a worth, not a massive one though. Maybe a couple of grand.These early STI's are getting very rare now. It will be a classic one day fella as it was the very first STI available.
If it was me, I'd put it back to standard trim. Including the original wheels if you have them ( I have a pic of them if needed ). I'd then store it up and forget about.
It's not gonna be worth a great deal at the minute fella to be honest so if you don't need the money then park it up.
If however you do need the money PM me, I could be interested in it for my collection.
What's the miles on it and what number build is it ??

Last edited by MattyB1983; 19 May 2011 at 02:19 PM.
Old 19 May 2011, 02:20 PM
MRSIMPSON
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MattyB1983
In completely standard trim it will have a worth, not a massive one though. Maybe a couple of grand.These early STI's are getting very rare now. It will be a classic one day fella as it was the very first STI available.
If it was me, I'd put it back to standard trim. Including the original wheels if you have them ( I have a pic of them if needed ). I'd then store it up and forget about.
It's not gonna be worth a great deal at the minute fella to be honest so if you don't need the money then park it up.
If however you do need the money PM me, I could be interested in it for my collection.
Can you post the wheels? Thinking of restoring a mk1 sti.
Old 19 May 2011, 02:25 PM
tom991981
Scooby Regular

Well I thought I had the wheels on it originally though they were not the rivet effect ones.... in fact I am selling the ones that came with it here...I don't like them, they need a refurb as they let the car down and I have mint later ones on it. I am not sure they are standard though and see no reason to keep them.

https://www.scoobynet.com/wheels-and...toyo-ti-r.html

To be honest its never going to be even near mega money. I am not selling it right now but will in the future and if so will probably put it on here. It basically is in standard trim other than wheels and de-tango'd and cat. All of which I have and would include in sale. My impression is though from this that I'll be lucky to get a couple of grand and it will never be worth much more... ho hum!
Old 19 May 2011, 02:42 PM
tom991981
Scooby Regular

Actually I have this which shows both wheels options though I have never seen the ones with the rivets.

Anyone able to translate this?!
http://openpub.realread.com/rrserver...aru_impreza_23
Old 19 May 2011, 03:11 PM
rossyboy
Scooby Regular

Received 94 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by MattyB1983
Agree with this. If its mega miles - 120k+ it'll never be worth decent money regardless.
Old 19 May 2011, 03:21 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by rossyboy
Agree with this. If its mega miles - 120k+ it'll never be worth decent money regardless.
Agree, people think these cars will be worth a fortune in the future, its not going to be like that, very few cars even make that sort of impression on the classic car scene, ok if you do a full bear metal strip down, fully refurb the interior, rebuild the engine, gearbox, diffs etc, it will be worth a little more, but only to an enthusiast, your everyday joe bloggs wont want it at 6k+ when they can pick up something better.

Tony
Old 19 May 2011, 04:09 PM
tom991981
Scooby Regular

Tony - This has been my impression as well. I guess the best thing I can do is sell it on here to a enthusiast. To be honest I can't think of a more fun for the money than a classic Impreza represents...

I don't have to pass emmissions tests, tax is low, insurance can be a problem I guess but I only £46 a month FC for me so I am not bothered! Plus apart from very regular servicing and upkeep its not cost me much to keep on the road...though I know this can differ wildy from car to car.

I think all this means I am going to enjoy it as much as I can and then sell it for whatever later on...atleast whoever buys it won't be buying a minger as I am an enthusiast myself! I'll just pride myself on having a very tidy early example. Regardless of cost there really cannot be that many out there in this nick now...
Old 19 May 2011, 05:45 PM
dj219957
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

as above not really worth more than 2k at the mo, it aint gonna jump up in value anytime soon either.
Old 19 May 2011, 09:31 PM
MattyB1983
Scooby Regular

Received 46 Likes on 30 Posts

Pic of how they left the factory. Note the wheels, split rims.
Old 27 July 2011, 12:24 PM
tom991981
Scooby Regular

Default Soon to be out of here.... Aus bound!

Well bit of a thread resurrection here but looks like I am off to the land of Oz at the beginning of September.....Good times!

On the other hand sad times as I am going to have to sell the scoob... Though I will need it til I go.

Looking at 2nd hand car prices in Aus though, I might end up with another one! Its not worth importing unfortunately due to the costs involved and the cash is needed!

I was hoping for atleast 2.5k as there are some real **** boxes out there for this and high milage or not mine has been looked after and runs perfectly which seems to be a rarity.

Expect a post in the sales area soon with specs and details...

Tom
Old 27 July 2011, 01:08 PM
Ryan@Indigo-GT
Former Sponsor

Good luck with the sale man