Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Charity Auction of my car

Search this Thread

Old 18 May 2011, 08:06 PM
Cus
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Charity Auction of my car (Impreza Turbo 2000)

Hi. I have given my car to giveacar.co.uk, and they are auctioning it via bluecycle.com

http://www.bluecycle.com/car-salvage-auctions/15042830

giveacar.co.uk take 20% of what is raised, the rest they will give to The Spina Bifida Association. I don't receive anything.

I wanted to make fellow scooby enthusiasts aware about this auction in case they are interested. Happy to answer any questions about the car.

Last edited by Cus; 18 May 2011 at 08:43 PM.
Old 18 May 2011, 09:13 PM
scotty_b
Scooby Regular

Good gesture, and I may be simple BUT I dont get it? To me just seems like a scrappy dealer that gets hold off insurance registered cars and flogs them on and no mention of the charity on the site? Most likely these get sold to one arm bandits who will bodge it and then flog them on not telling unlucky buyers about the damage unless they ask? Dont mean to be harsh or rude, forgive me if you or others think I am, but why not just sell on ebay and then donate the money to said charity? Or are you connected to the business mentioned?

Cant put my finger on it just doesn't smell right to me?
Old 18 May 2011, 09:31 PM
Cus
Scooby Newbie

no probs, I have no connection with any of the sites, you'll see that on the auction site it is a category U sale ie it is not connected with insurance write offs etc, and also you can see on the site that giveacar.co.uk is the one offering the car as I just gave my car to them (most of the cars given to them are just scrap but some they think they could get a bit more for and so auction it via bluecycle).
I guess one arm bandits can buy the cars if they want, all I know is that 80% of the money raised from said bandit goes to the charity I chose via giveacar.co.uk.

I looked at the ebay for charity option but honestly I'm a very lazy person who could not face having tyre kickers etc coming round to look at it, taking photos for the ebay advert etc etc, so I found this giveacar site a look and its the easy option for me.

The reason I put up the thread was because I know that there are a lot of scooby enthusiasts on here and I didn't want the car to be sold way below what its worth because scooby people didn't know it was being sold. I don't expect anyone to bid for it because its a charity or anything like that, but if they were in the market for a MY97 turbo UK spec that is unmodified (for a track car or a project or something) then I wanted them to be aware, thats all.

Its all legit from my point of view, and I checked out this giveacar.co.uk and they seem very official etc
Old 18 May 2011, 09:35 PM
nick172sport
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Cus
no probs, I have no connection with any of the sites, you'll see that on the auction site it is a category U sale ie it is not connected with insurance write offs etc, and also you can see on the site that giveacar.co.uk is the one offering the car as I just gave my car to them (most of the cars given to them are just scrap but some they think they could get a bit more for and so auction it via bluecycle).
I guess one arm bandits can buy the cars if they want, all I know is that 80% of the money raised from said bandit goes to the charity I chose via giveacar.co.uk.

I looked at the ebay for charity option but honestly I'm a very lazy person who could not face having tyre kickers etc coming round to look at it, taking photos for the ebay advert etc etc, so I found this giveacar site a look and its the easy option for me.

The reason I put up the thread was because I know that there are a lot of scooby enthusiasts on here and I didn't want the car to be sold way below what its worth because scooby people didn't know it was being sold. I don't expect anyone to bid for it because its a charity or anything like that, but if they were in the market for a MY97 turbo UK spec that is unmodified (for a track car or a project or something) then I wanted them to be aware, thats all.

Its all legit from my point of view, and I checked out this giveacar.co.uk and they seem very official etc
yes but youve got tu be a trader tu register to bid and pay 40 squid
Old 18 May 2011, 09:46 PM
Cus
Scooby Newbie

Unhappy

I see my laziness extends to not investigating the site properly. oh well. I hope that there are sole traders who'll spot this thread.