Hawkeye sti type uk - alarm very sensitive

Search this Thread

Old 09 May 2011, 11:17 PM
matth76
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hawkeye sti type uk - alarm very sensitive

Hi

I recently bought my hawkeye sti type uk from a main dealer and every two or three days my car alarm will go off without warning when it is locked up outside my house without anything to cause it to go off. I'm not sure if the odd bit of rain has set it off but it's happened on dry days too. I can see nothing has touched it - no cats have jumped on it and I live in a quiet area. Once it happened twice in a day, even in my work car park where again nothing had touched it as I was right there. I think it is just over sensitive and shouldn't definitely be going off like it is. Is this quite common with the factory alarm? Is there a way to turn down the sensitivity?

Also, someone mentioned something about a possible "alarm keypad" - but I've never seen a keypad or wouldn't know of any code to enter - what is this keypad and where would I find the code to enter if there is in fact a keypad?

Thanks for any help.
Old 09 May 2011, 11:28 PM
GarethE
Scooby Regular

The keypad is in a little drop down compartment by the drivers right knee, above the bonnet release. It gives to access to the various settings of the alarm, but to my knowledge there isn't a setting to reduce the sensitivity. Id guess at a problem with one of the ultrasonic sensors, or switches.

The dealer would be your best bet - the 4 digit code should be with any alarm documentation that came with the car, although this maybe missing from the previous owner, or they may have reset the code with their own 4 digit code anyway.

Gareth

Last edited by GarethE; 09 May 2011 at 11:29 PM.
Old 09 May 2011, 11:29 PM
Pramas
Scooby Regular

keypad is around knee high on the right side of car ( ie above accelerator ) in a pull down flap type thing, if you didnt get a key code when you bought car, go to local subaru dealer , they store all the codes for each car and i got mine from there for free, the only problems owner come if previous has changed it then you would need to contact them

Last edited by Pramas; 09 May 2011 at 11:31 PM.
Old 21 May 2011, 11:43 AM
matth76
Scooby Regular

Thought I'd update this - my car was in Subaru earlier in the week and I asked them to look at the alarm saying it had been very sensitive and they said the "ultrasonic set" was set at incorrect height which they adjusted. Not sure what this is but apparently it controls the sensitivity (surely not one of the two very small "web cam like" things on the pillar arm corners either side of the windscreen?), just in case anyone else has their alarm being over-sensitive. So hopefully that fixed the issue. They didnt charge me to adjust it so it must be a quick adjustment.