Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Starter Button

Search this Thread

Old 26 March 2001, 06:28 PM
David Blows
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My gawd! Twice in one day! Can't be talking about s*x - my memory ain't that good, so it must be my second posting of the day...

I know a man who's a real whiz with the old electronics. I happened to mention that I really do like those big shiny starter buttons you get on certain sporty (and not so sporty) new cars.

And he said: "no problem - I can fit one for you." Now, I love an enthusiast, but I love my Scoob more so I thought I post this idea to see if any of you know a good reason why I shouldn't let him loose on my baby... like "don't be daft, it can't be done because...?"

This is a case of I almost hope I don't get a reply - unless it's a chorus of "no problem - go for it".

I wait with baited breath.

David Blows
Old 26 March 2001, 07:34 PM
sasim
Used to work here!!

Cool

It aint complicated it all you need is a switch wired across the start wires.

You better check with your insurance company first.

Sutart
Old 26 March 2001, 07:37 PM
Charlie H
Scooby Regular

There is actually a kit to do this in Demon Tweeks. Cost about £35 and you can get it with different coloured buttons or a plain silver one, so I see no reason why your friend couldn't do it, all your doing is fitting a remote switch onto the starter motor wires of the steering lock. Good luck and send us a piccy when it's done

[This message has been edited by Charlie H (edited 26 March 2001).]
Old 26 March 2001, 08:00 PM
Hunk
Scooby Regular

I've got a red one on my MY66 DS. Next to it is another one, this button is not red but black. When u keep on pushing the black one really (!) hard for a minute or so water sprays out of the bonnet onto the windscreen.. really cool! U could convert this into an intercooler spray system! Sure beats the bright button..
Old 26 March 2001, 09:18 PM
David Blows
Scooby Regular

Thanks guys - as something of a technophobe,
I couldn't believe it was (fairly) simple. Or that DT did kits. That probably answers my next question - where to get the shiny button! Last question would be: where to fit it. There are the blanks next to the fog lights, but, hey, it needs to be PROMINENT. Any more suggestions?

DJB