Sponsored by:

P1 for sale - what d'ya reckon?

Search this Thread

Old 29 April 2011, 08:21 AM
bonesetter
Scooby Regular

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default P1 for sale - what d'ya reckon?

Phoned this number. Seller is a 'trader' although the ad does not say so, and has taken it as part-ex 4 weeks ago from an ex AA patrol man (don't you just love it when you here stories like these).

I was thinking of going over to view later today, and if it looks like a goer seeing if I could get in touch with said patrol man... In the meantime is there anything obvious you guys can see? Cheers

PH link

2000 W reg, ( 340 BHP ) warranted 68000 miles full with service history total of 11 service stamps in the book last serviced at 67000 miles folder full of service invoices thousands spent on performance upgrades,

TAX and MOT with record of all previous MOT certificates, HPI clear,

2 Door Saloon, Blue, Petrol, Manual, PAS, ABS, electric windows, electric side mirrors, air conditioning, upgraded CD-player with remote control, remote central locking with 2 keys,

FOLLOWING PERFORMANCE UPGRADES-

mahale forged pistons-

ecutek remap 340 map at 1.5bar-

hayward n scott unequal headers and up-pipe- heat wrapped -

hayward n scott 3" turbo back twin box catless angled exit-

walbo 255lph intank pump-

ap racing sixpot 330mm front stoppers-

defi oil temp, oil pressure and boost center mounted-

HKS SSQV 3 and RCM airfilter kit with SAMCO- ALL UPGRADES WITH RECEIPTS-

STI intercooler-

Handling strut-brace

In a nut shell this car is quick. The exterior is in good condition please have a look at the 9 photographs the interior is clean and tidy, needless to say this vehicle drives brilliantly previous keeper was a AA patrol man,

majority standard P1 advertised above £7.5k and upwards.

I WILL CONSIDER A PART EXCHANGE ONLY IF MY VEHICLE IS VALUED AT £8000.

PRICED VERY COMPETITIVELY AT ONLY £6990 DONT MISS OUT ANY QUESTIONS PLEASE CALL ME
ON 07939 235607
Old 29 April 2011, 08:25 AM
astra_dave
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

always worth going having a look at, it looks clean i'd be wanting to know who did all the work to it.
Old 29 April 2011, 08:33 AM
P1 Daveyboy
Scooby Regular

Ask what build number it is then look on P1WOC web site
See if anyone knows the car
Or pm me i might find out as well
Might help for you

Dave
Old 29 April 2011, 08:35 AM
bonesetter
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by P1 Daveyboy
Ask what build number it is then look on P1WOC web site
See if anyone knows the car
Or pm me i might find out as well
Might help for you

Dave
Thanks, will do
Old 29 April 2011, 08:50 AM
P1 Daveyboy
Scooby Regular

I put a post on P1WOC might get some answers for you
Watch this space

Dave
Old 29 April 2011, 08:54 AM
bonesetter
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by P1 Daveyboy
I put a post on P1WOC might get some answers for you
Watch this space

Dave
Thanks for that

Just tried to register and got a registration denied, f**** off and spam someone else message
Old 29 April 2011, 09:26 AM
Phil555
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Decent price Nigel. Looks like a tidy example on the pics but deffo needs to be seen in the flesh.

Trending Topics

Old 29 April 2011, 03:28 PM
bonesetter
Scooby Regular

I've asked the seller a few more questions. Seems the previous owner 'AA patrol man' carried out the engine work, which the seller, in what has to be said technically limited experience, says is the piston change only. Would these pistons have to be changed to support the 340bhp power upgrade?

Comprehensive folder of receipts/invoices for all parts

Bulkhead plate has Subaru UK on and the folowing numbers: E13*98/14/0052 Stage 2

I have no experience of seeing these plates but thought it was the build number only?

HPI is clear

With all the bits it seems a good buy. What's the worst case scenario? Engine failure? Even with a small rebuild it still seems in on the money?
Old 29 April 2011, 03:33 PM
Scooby Senior

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

You don't just change pistons on a car that age

Oh and it's no wagon
Old 29 April 2011, 04:19 PM
stevie1982
Scooby Regular

If it were done by a know garage then fine but as its.hasn't I would keep looking. Plenty of cars out there so dont be in rush, also whilst it was out he might S well of done the bearings and head studs to allow for a bigger power increase. Keep looking in my limited knowledge
Old 29 April 2011, 06:20 PM
bonesetter
Scooby Regular

Well, that was a waste of time. Bodywork was pretty good, some corrosion to the rear bumper cross brace, rest was OK as was the interior. Engine bay looked fairly clean as did the engine itself. No oil leaks, rocker covers spotless. The rad was leaking though so that would need replacing

There were three 'VIN' plates two Fuji Heavy Industries and one Subaru UK. Build number was 22.

Back box & exit pipe were huge and very loud. Dump valve was very loud too (both things I wouldn't like - must be an age thing )

Now the bad points...

Although there were alot of receipts for servicing and almost all other parts bought, there were none for any engine parts/work carried out. I asked him how he knew about the power output and pistons he so keen to wax about. This turns out to be an email he had off the 'AA patrol man'. The car had lived in Perth and surrounding area most of its life

I asked for a cheeky test drive as at this tage I thought there was nothing to lose. He drove us around his estate so I asked if I could drive. The brake discs were badly warped, but more seriously it just didn't feel like 340bhp.

My thoughts driving home was of engine replacement as anyone keeping a comprehensive paperwork history would keep all receipts for any engine work. I should have checked if the engine numbers corresponded

I asked if the last owner could be contacted - he's left the country...

As I was shaking my head at this stage he said I should go away and think about it...
Old 29 April 2011, 06:42 PM
TYPE R BRAD
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by bonesetter
Well, that was a waste of time. Bodywork was pretty good, some corrosion to the rear bumper cross brace, rest was OK as was the interior. Engine bay looked fairly clean as did the engine itself. No oil leaks, rocker covers spotless. The rad was leaking though so that would need replacing

There were three 'VIN' plates two Fuji Heavy Industries and one Subaru UK. Build number was 22.

Back box & exit pipe were huge and very loud. Dump valve was very loud too (both things I wouldn't like - must be an age thing )

Now the bad points...

Although there were alot of receipts for servicing and almost all other parts bought, there were none for any engine parts/work carried out. I asked him how he knew about the power output and pistons he so keen to wax about. This turns out to be an email he had off the 'AA patrol man'. The car had lived in Perth and surrounding area most of its life

I asked for a cheeky test drive as at this tage I thought there was nothing to lose. He drove us around his estate so I asked if I could drive. The brake discs were badly warped, but more seriously it just didn't feel like 340bhp.

My thoughts driving home was of engine replacement as anyone keeping a comprehensive paperwork history would keep all receipts for any engine work. I should have checked if the engine numbers corresponded

I asked if the last owner could be contacted - he's left the country...

As I was shaking my head at this stage he said I should go away and think about it...

Wonder why?
Like Stevie said, dont rush and just look at a few.
Best to try and get one off someone off here mate.
If you know what 340bhp feels like in a classic then you would have been impressed if it was genuine.
Stay clear and just keep browsing.
Seen it and heard it all before pal, he will move it on at someone elses expense.
All the best
Old 29 April 2011, 09:10 PM
Phil555
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Plenty of good cars out there Nigel. Keep looking and the right one will come along bud.