Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Can anyone help with my exhaust issues?

Search this Thread

Old 27 April 2011, 06:11 PM
Rez
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can anyone help with my exhaust issues?

Bit confused here and need a bit of help reference decats etc..

My ride is a 2004 blob-wagon WRX.. It currently has a standard system bar a pro-drive back box... So, i have on it's way to me an STI sports-cat.. thinking it would fit straight onto an aftermarket mid section..

but, whilst in Revolution today trying to order the aforementioned mid section a chap in there told me he remembered something about it being awkward trying to fit a mid section to an STI sports-cat.. he has quite rightly gone off to do a bit more digging before he orders anything..

so, has anyone fitted the sports cat to their WRX along with any other exhaust combo without any issues? the idea is to keep the prodrive back box, fit the sports cat and have it pass an MOT no probs... any advice welcome..
Old 27 April 2011, 07:26 PM
awdx4
Scooby Regular

It might be worth you downloading the workshop manual for your car and then take a look at the schematic diagrams for WRX and STI variants if you don't get a definitive answer here. From personal experience, and I gather there is little difference with the Hawk WRX exhaust, there are two cats followed by a resonator centre section followed by the back box. I had no issues fitting Hayward & Scott exhaust parts to a similar configuration to that which you describe. Their site has quite a good set of images of each section of pipework for the different models, maybe worth looking to see what bits would be strung together to get the right combination for your WRX and then see how the STI equivalents differ in the pictures.

all the best

Tim
Old 27 April 2011, 07:43 PM
Rez
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by awdx4
It might be worth you downloading the workshop manual for your car and then take a look at the schematic diagrams for WRX and STI variants if you don't get a definitive answer here. From personal experience, and I gather there is little difference with the Hawk WRX exhaust, there are two cats followed by a resonator centre section followed by the back box. I had no issues fitting Hayward & Scott exhaust parts to a similar configuration to that which you describe. Their site has quite a good set of images of each section of pipework for the different models, maybe worth looking to see what bits would be strung together to get the right combination for your WRX and then see how the STI equivalents differ in the pictures.

all the best

Tim

Yeh good point ta.. I already have the diagram for the wrx system so will try and source the sti set up and take it from there ...
Old 27 April 2011, 09:36 PM
djandyg
Scooby Regular

As said above, the hawkeye setup has different length pipes from other newage systems....I cant see there being any differences really if its a sportscat from another blob though.... all aftermarket sports cats are the same product listed for both WRX and STi so I dont think you would have a problem IMO.