Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Knock link/Lamda link fitting

Search this Thread

Old 24 March 2001, 02:44 PM
T-uk
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
are they diy fits? as there are no Link dealers to my knowledge in Scotland to fit them.

at the moment the car is running a full decat system and since reading in Auto Express that later turbos are running lean at lower revs,i would just like to keep an eye on things.also,one day i may upgrade my ECU,and feel that these systems will help monitor any chip/ecu i go for.

john
Old 24 March 2001, 02:52 PM
bob
Scooby Regular

I have not fitted these sensors myself but watched Bob Rawle fit mine. It looked very easy he just bolted a Knock sensor to the manifold and run a few wires to the ECU. The lambda link looked like just connecting up a few wires.
Old 24 March 2001, 10:41 PM
Sam Elassar
Scooby Regular

DIY
I have done them my self, about an hours work depending on where you mount the sensors.?

email me off line if you need any help.

sam
Old 25 March 2001, 09:59 PM
T-uk
Scooby Regular

Cool

cheers lads,

my plan was to get these now and then upgrade the ECU later in the year with possibly a Unichip,but now i am thinking of going for a full Link set up.

Sam,
as you have a Link on your MY99 could you give me some indication to what i need,(UK MY00).i thought all i would need was PossumLink ECU,tuning module,knock and lambda links but do i need other things such as 3 port solenoid,tailpipe kit etc.

has anyone had a full Link fitted to a MY00,if so roughly how much was it?,(fitted and mapped).

i know i could phone BRDevelopment but don't want to waste an hour of their time,only to find out i cannot afford it.

john
Old 25 March 2001, 11:36 PM
Sam Elassar
Scooby Regular

hi john

you don't really need to get the 3 port solenoid. the boost respose is slightly better on the standard turbo. however when i moved to the VF23 the two port could not really cope and the difference became very noticable. Alan G replaced his 3 port with a 2 port with very good results on his MY99.

the map is very sensitive to the different mods ie exhaust, air filters, turbo etc.. so i will recommend you get all your mods done before you get the link fitted, save youself having to get a remap. the Bob Rwale did my map and his really good, also worth it for thier product support afterwards.

all you need is the stuff you mentioned. so you are talking about £1k for the part plus mapping.

if you are not in a hurry my stuff will probably be available in 3-4 months time

sam
Old 26 March 2001, 12:36 PM
T-uk
Scooby Regular

Smile

Sam,
take it you can't ignore the call of the EVO anymore ,not surprised,a friend had one last year and they are awesome ,will consider your setup.
£1k is what i was expecting but what sort of money is in fitting and mapping?

john