Sponsored by:

Is my blob-eye already mapped??

Search this Thread

Old 12 April 2011, 07:53 PM
Rez
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is my blob-eye already mapped??

Funny one this, just having a good old root through my scoobs history (only had her a few weeks) and whilst going through some old paperwork from Xtreme Scoobies found an invoice with "ECUTEK MAP BY ECUTEK PARTNER PAT HERBORN" entered near the bottom of the reciept at a cost of £450.. The car feels quick enough but perhaps not 260bhp or so quick? Funnily enough i was going to book it in for a remap next month but it looks like i may not have to bother! Does anyone think this looks suss at all? Invoice below...

Old 12 April 2011, 08:05 PM
TomBoyNI
Scooby Regular

Looks like it is alright, give the company a call I'm sure they will be able to advise you no worries
Old 12 April 2011, 08:08 PM
MDS_WRX
Scooby Regular

Yep looks like it has been done at some point (so in your favour it looks like you already have an EcuTek license so won't have to shell out for another lucky bugger lol ). Guess it depends on what mods are still on your car as some of them could have been taken off prior to the sale and therefore dropped the power a bit if you say it doesn't feel like it has what you perhaps thought.

You could awalys try getting in touch with the mapper as they may have abit more detail. Also, maybe a map tweak could be in order which won't set you back a lot.
Old 12 April 2011, 08:08 PM
Rez
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by TomBoyNI
Looks like it is alright, give the company a call I'm sure they will be able to advise you no worries

yeh might do that..
Old 12 April 2011, 08:15 PM
Rez
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by MDS_WRX
Yep looks like it has been done at some point (so in your favour it looks like you already have an EcuTek license so won't have to shell out for another lucky bugger lol ). Guess it depends on what mods are still on your car as some of them could have been taken off prior to the sale and therefore dropped the power a bit if you say it doesn't feel like it has what you perhaps thought.

You could awalys try getting in touch with the mapper as they may have abit more detail. Also, maybe a map tweak could be in order which won't set you back a lot.
cool thanks... well it already has a prodrive back box and i've just fitted a k&n panel filter but it is also fairly quiet so i'm guessing no decat has been carried out... should get that checked really... nice surprise though if it is the case..