Sponsored by:

7.5k mile service £85

Search this Thread

Old 23 March 2001, 03:15 PM
BarryK
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

And I got a test drive of the new WRX (ie std UK car).

That Robinson's eh, doncha just love 'em?

I though the new car went like poop off a branch but was soo much quieter/smoother than the MY00.

So, as I am becoming a senile old git, I may well end up getting one!!
Old 23 March 2001, 06:34 PM
rnr
Scooby Regular

Question

Where was that? I'me coming up to mine,sounds a great price. RICH.
Old 23 March 2001, 09:18 PM
Chris L
Scooby Regular

Talking

I had mine in for the 22.5K service today (great job as ever Cheam Motors) and I got chucked the keys to their WRX demonstrator.

First time I've driven the MY01 model. It was much more refined - quieter (perhaps too quiet??). The engine was still very tight (only about 1200 miles on the clock), but it was definatly slower than my MYOO. It is still quick, it just doesn't have the same urgency. Handling is very good - pushed it around a few wet roundabouts and it felt very good (more neutral, with less understeer and less bodyroll).

There was too much play in the gear stick for my liking, but nothing a quickshift wouldn't cure. One thing I have seen is some pictures of the new Morrette twin headlamp conversion for the MY01 and it looks the dogs b's. I think the picture I saw was an STI and it looked very good. The lamp unit surround was black, but they are hoping to colour code it. I'm not a great fan of the new car's looks, but the Morrette conversion transformed it - I can see a lot of these being fitted 'as standard' by dealers. I'll see if I can get a copy of the picture and post it up.

Chris
Old 25 March 2001, 09:57 AM
BarryK
Scooby Regular

Wink

rnr,

Robinson's Rochdale. It's their standard charge (inc VAT.) for a 7.5k service though mine was 22.5k.

In passing I noticed that they're having a track day at Donnington in June. I dunno if you have to be a customer, and I presume it's not free but there's a barbie too. They do motorbikes as wells as cars and the track day is for both/either.

Give 'em a ring, you could indulge in a run over the pennine A roads there and back!