Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fat F*ck - Red Puma M66 Bury - tried to kill me!!

Search this Thread

Old 22 March 2001, 09:31 PM
Dream Weaver
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

Had to work late tonight by an hour and was driving home afterwards making good progress. Doing about 85 ish along the M66 past Bury minding my own with MWay relatively clear for that time of night.

Passed a good few cars travelling up the main hill where the mway goes from 2 to 3 lanes for slow wagons.

Anyway getting near to the top of the hill, still 3 lanes, I am in lane 3 doing about 80 and approaching top of hill where it narrows back to 2 lanes. Nothing in 1st lane, and as I pass 2 cars who are sticking to lane 2 I notice a Fiat TwinkyTwento about 100 yds ahead in lane 3. I am closing faster (80mph) with headlights on and she is doing about 55-60mph. It is totally clear in lanes 1 & 2 so I keep at about 75-80mph ish knowing that she will move over as I move towards her.

Getting closer and she hasn't moved so adjust speed slightly. She then hovers over the white line between lanes 2 & 3 stopping me from getting past. In the end I do the naughty and manage to get close enough (without tailgating) to move her over Overtake and notice a red Puma waiting ahead of her in lane 2 slamming breaks on fully just as lane 3 merges in back to 2 lanes.

He is braking down to about 30mph in the fast lane so I think....either he will move in time or I have to undertake. He then brakes more as I get near to him and will not move in. He is now doing 20 ish I am at 70. My only option was to go to his right on the chevrons of the merging lane. As I do he swerves towards me to try and push me into the barriers

I carry on and he steams up behind me and hovers about 2 inch from my bumper. Coming up to the next long slip road 2 cars in lane 1 pull off and leave it empty. He then flies down the inside of me and swerves right violently to within 1 inch of my passenger door. I move towards central barrier, slam brakes on and he keeps swerving into me. At one point we are together, I have 1 wheel over the white line of the central res and half of his car is about an inch away in half of my lane!!!!!!!!

He then swerves in front and tries to push me into the barrier, I slam on and he then jinks left and just makes it down the slip road whilst flicking the bird!!!!

What an **** I should have just rammed him as I was in a company lease car which I have to give up next Friday

The fat **** is all I can say - he barely even fit in the Puma and to be such an ****!!! I didn't do anything wrong, I just wanted to get home, fukcin road captain.

Rant over.......eventually
Old 22 March 2001, 09:37 PM
buddy
Scooby Regular

Angry

What an absloute baffoon, shame you couldnt have pulled him over and given him the beating of his life,stupid boy.
B
Old 22 March 2001, 09:42 PM
jsh
Scooby Regular

Just an idea, report the worthless piece of **** for dangerous driving.

Assuming you got the reg number!!!
Old 22 March 2001, 09:42 PM
Dream Weaver
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Cheers buddy

He probably would have squashed me though to be honest - he must pour himself into that Puma
Old 22 March 2001, 09:43 PM
Dream Weaver
Scooby Regular

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by jsh:
<B>Just an idea, report the worthless piece of **** for dangerous driving.

Assuming you got the reg number!!![/quote]

Good idea but he shot off too quick whilst I was still reliving the moment
Old 22 March 2001, 09:59 PM
hooksin
Scooby Regular

DW -

What he needs is a new hairdrier & scissor combo....he is abviously a hairdresser driving one of those girly type matchbox thingies.
Old 22 March 2001, 10:06 PM
Dream Weaver
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Old 22 March 2001, 10:14 PM
BOB.T
Scooby Senior

DW, let's go find him, I'm right in the mood for a scuffle! Bury's not far is it?

Bob
Old 22 March 2001, 10:16 PM
Dream Weaver
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Well it's still bloody annoying me so lets go

I'd have been more pissed off if I was in a car of my own

Looking forward to NM5 Bob?
Old 22 March 2001, 10:23 PM
golders
Scooby Regular

It makes me think back to what my mother said when I started learning to drive:

"Treat all other road users as idiots, as you cannot predict what they will do next"

It's true there are some seriously bad drivers/nutters out there.

Be careful people.

Golders
Old 22 March 2001, 10:39 PM
AWD
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

What a nutter - you're lucky he didn't hit you. You should report him anyway. Someone else might have got his reg and reported him also. In fact the more people report him the better. Just give the police a description of the car, driver, his behaviour and the location/time.
Old 22 March 2001, 10:42 PM
ChrisB

Report him - if there are CCTV cameras on that section, he might be on tape.

Chris.
Old 22 March 2001, 10:56 PM
Steve Williams
Scooby Regular

Definately report him.

Also recount your story as you did here (just drop the speeds by 10mph or so )

The sooner idiots like this are off the roads the better.
Old 22 March 2001, 10:58 PM
Hanslow
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Being an ex-puma owner (and not such an **** as described here ) I am still on the Puma mailing list.....(girlfriend now has it).

Will look out for any rants tomorrow and let you know if anything turns up

Just me playing devils advocate

Old 22 March 2001, 11:02 PM
Gerg2
Scooby Regular

Angry

Report his fat ***.
Old 22 March 2001, 11:20 PM
DMB
Scooby Regular

Angry

what a to***r its idiots like that that kill the innocent and walk away with cuts and bruises
Old 22 March 2001, 11:24 PM
BOB.T
Scooby Senior

DW, yeah NM5 should be top, A couple of my mates might be going, an R1 and a 300bhp Stratos replica!

Are you on the W.Yorks mailing list thing, I am but I've not just sussed it really!

Bob
Old 22 March 2001, 11:58 PM
Gilly
Scooby Regular

LEAVE IT BOB.....

Dave & I will be on the look out for the mad man in the Puma when next in Bury. Meanwhile you seem to have failed to mention the slightly more standard 220BHP Stratos rep that will be attending NM5... Shame on you

See you soon
Old 23 March 2001, 12:06 AM
Nimbus
Scooby Regular

TFyus,

While I agree with you comments of standing your groud (I'm a big one for knowing when I'm in the right and not giving way to undisciplined lane crossers) you need to weigh up the feeling of showing him you were right and sticking your ground to that of having you pride and joy in the local dealers for a week while the repair the damage!!

While it's easy to say stuff 'um while the event is actually happening, what do you actually lose if you just move out of their way? A bit of pride? Against the cost and inconvenience of having your car off the road for a week (or worse)?

PS. This only applies to the Scooby and not when driving a company rep-mobile, in which case the 'stick you ground' rule applies…
Old 23 March 2001, 08:15 AM
NAF
Support Scoobynet!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Weaver
If it was me I'd report him..
Why let him get away with that sort of **** ?

These sorta people never cease to amaze me !!
Nutters !!
Seems to be more n more of them every day !!

Niall

Old 23 March 2001, 09:32 AM
Dave P
Scooby Regular

DW,

He must have been fat to have been able to squash you to a pulp..... your ability to eat steak and chips is now legendary in London....

Dave P

p.s. still waiting on the Eastbound jubilee for you and Jerome!!!
Old 23 March 2001, 11:36 AM
TFyus
Scooby Regular

these people work on a basis of fear. Show them none, quite simply ram them. If its a lease car, ram them f*ck them totally, People often try to crowd me out in my rst, i do NOT move ever. Just sit there and if they hit you then sort it out.

I was stuck in a two lane jam, the lane i was in was moving faster, i then noticed i was in the wrong lane, so i indicated right to get out of the inside lane, not to go faster as i said, cos my lane was actually moving whereas the other was totally crawling, i look across at the person driving a car in the other lane and nod and point as if to say any chance i can pop my nose in, there is a gap and everything, she smiles a big smile and shakes her head, no chance shes saying, i look across laugh and then just PUT my car in the gap, she closes up as she saw me move, i just put my car in the gap, so that she would have to ram me and i came to a standstill. She didnt ram me and i just waved and drove into the gap.

Anyhows...

if they go to ram you, let them, the move they were pulling was only working cause u were moving, these peoples attitudes change if u just touch their car. Suddenly they notice its not a game.

rw
Old 23 March 2001, 01:07 PM
IntegraR
Scooby Regular

If at all possible, dont ram them, rather follow them, and when they stop, confront them rationaly and calmly then.
Preferably with the steel hammer that you had on you because you were taking it around to your friends place to fix his fence with.
This saves your car, and yourself any damage, and ramming could involve other road users, so a one to one "discussion" of driving techniques is the best solution.
Old 23 March 2001, 02:47 PM
TFyus
Scooby Regular

nimbus, i may move ONCE, but not this other thing they are talking about of running all over the road trying to dodge someone that is doing it intentionally to u...

in america, you would have shot the guy... but then the guy would have known it.

Watch when u get out of your car unless u are extremley solid, you have NO idea who you are facing.

Company rep car, just ram them totally, imagine the way their face would change. id like to see it...

rw
Old 23 March 2001, 02:49 PM
RichieB
Scooby Regular

Guys..I agree with the comments about backing down, because its completely irresponsible behaviour to confront it (although kinda against character to do so) How about noting down the reg plus the reg of other observers and then reporting to the police as a package ? The observers would hopefully corroberate the story and bingo, the cops would have a case of dangerous driving.

Confrontation is always dangerous with these nutters. They can pull a gun or knife on you even. Let's face it, there are some BAD b**tards around and we shouldn't be provoking them.

DW's nutter sounds like such a bloke.

Stay Cool.

Rich

Old 23 March 2001, 06:11 PM
kav
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

I agree with RichieB.

The guy's patently got a small dick and is wholly inadequate. Let's hope his next **** is a pineapple.
Old 23 March 2001, 07:18 PM
BOB.T
Scooby Senior

Well I'm still up for a scuffle!!

Gilly, sorry I forgot to mention you guys, I also forgot to mention my 6000BHP Scooby/Corse eating Fiesta si

Bob
Old 23 March 2001, 09:00 PM
Dream Weaver
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Cheers for the replies everyone. I looked for him tonight but he wasn't there. Not to worry, he's not the first and wont be the last

Dave P - LOL Where did you get to on the Jubilee line? Jerome and I waited for you at the bottom of the escalator then the tube turned up.

BOB - I am on the WYorks mailing list but you can only access it from the email address you signed up with and I have been using a free ISP for a while. I will mail you about NM5 in a few weeks.
Old 23 March 2001, 09:11 PM
AWD
Scooby Regular

Are you going to report him?
Old 24 March 2001, 09:39 PM
NAF
Support Scoobynet!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by kav:

The guy's patently got a small dick and is wholly inadequate. Let's hope his next **** is a pineapple.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

LMAO

Niall

Quick Reply: Fat F*ck - Red Puma M66 Bury - tried to kill me!!