Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone have a clue what this could be?

Search this Thread

Old 05 March 2011, 06:57 PM
rumsey
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone have a clue what this could be?

I just went for a quick drive to tesco, parked up and on returning to my car i noticed oil all over my windscreeen and on the top of my scoop and bonnet aswell as over my front bumper, can oil if get on the window or the bonet if it exploded? i have checked and there is nothing showing on the engine. i checked under the car aswell and there was a small like splat under the engine on the heat shield cover on the passenger side.

Now has this just been thrown on my car? has something gone bang? i seriously have no idea.

about 10 mins before this happened i went over a pot hole which hit my front splitter and broke it and may have hit the underneath of the car i dont know but the splitter is in bits could this be related? the sump or something? i just cant see how even if the sump went i why i would have oil on the windscreen and the bonnet and this happened when i was away from the car.

I may just be jumping to conclusions but so many things have gone wrong lately i seem to be worried somethings going 24/7 only had the car back 3 weeks since having the headgasket done which was £1600 so dont wnat anything else to go as justfed up with it now.

Any help would be much appreciated
Old 05 March 2011, 06:59 PM
SpecDscooby
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like it was thown, perhaps someone bought a few litres of oil, and dropped it on the floor, split the plastic container and all over your car it went>>???
Old 05 March 2011, 07:12 PM
The Pink Ninja
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

if it went bang from underneath the bonnet, there should be oil everywhere on top of the manifold, intercooler, etc....
Old 05 March 2011, 07:16 PM
rumsey
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

there is zero oil splats anywhere in the engine. it may be coincidence but i put 2 litres in on thursday and i put 4 litres in when i had the headgasket done and that all went so had to fill up another 2 on thurs. but yh i was thinking it would be weird for it to get on the windscreen. maybe its just some little kids thinking its funny
Old 05 March 2011, 07:23 PM
Jamo
Cooking on Calor

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

I had a little excess oil come out of the dv occasionally on one of my old cars and that came up from the scoop onto the widscreen.