Sponsored by:

STI + Baby Seat.

Search this Thread

Old 16 April 2002, 12:31 PM
markys
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

Getting ny new Sti this Saturday and am looking for a new baby / child seat, Idealy one that will match the interior and of a good quality and saftey. Any ideas ?
Old 16 April 2002, 12:45 PM
alistair
Scooby Senior

Cool

That will be a Recaro Start then
Old 16 April 2002, 12:51 PM
Nigel H
Scooby Regular

Depends on how old your pride and joy is.

I've got a Britax Club Class Extra for my 2001MY (same back seat as STi I think) and this fits fine - no probs with the buckles, and the seat is very secure. My nipper is now 2.5 years old, and we have the seat since he was 1. Try this link for more details.

http://www.britax.co.uk/Catalogue_2002/cat_2002.htm

While I was there I noticed that Britax now do an Isofix for the Impreza now. This has got to be worth a look, 'cos it will remove all the aggro of fitting it. Try this link for more details.

http://www.britax.co.uk/main1.htm

Britax have just told me they will work for kids upto 4 years old, be available at the end of April and cost about £160.

I didn't like the Recarro 'cos it only used the car seat belts to hold pride and joy in. The Britax has a 5 point harness - essential if your P&J is small, and intent on getting out.

When I asked about this on here a bit ago, somebody told me they got an STi badge from Graham Goode Racing to stitch on - a real pukka job. (Try the 'search' for kiddie seats)

Our local council run days where they will test to see which seats fit your car - I found this very useful. The number of poorly fitted car seats I've seen is scary. Dunno how widespread the scheme is though.

[Edited by Nigel H - 4/16/2002 1:08:27 PM]
Old 16 April 2002, 02:22 PM
RT
Scooby Regular

Yeah, I have a Recaro Start in "Sportline" trim. Matches PERFECTLY! The 2 tone blues are exactly the same as the STI's interior!
Old 16 April 2002, 09:25 PM
DJB
Scooby Regular

I don't think that the Recaro Start is suitable for very young babies. I've used about 6 different types of child seats (including the Recaro) and would suggest that its most suitable from 1 year onwards. Thereafter its ideal up to age 12 if necessary.

D.
Old 17 April 2002, 08:50 AM
alistair
Scooby Senior

Would agree with the age thing - mine are 4 & 5 and the Recaro is perfect, but as stated it uses the diagonal belt so not good for very young kids.
Old 17 April 2002, 10:09 AM
sillysi
Scooby Regular

I need to get a new seat as my old Britax does not fit the WRX, the seat belt buckle rests against the car seat. Anyone using the Recaro does it fit well, and suitable for a smallish 3 1/2 year old?
Old 17 April 2002, 11:11 AM
Nigel H
Scooby Regular

Sillysi,

I thought I had the same problem with my Britax (see above), but when I went to Mothercare they told me that there was another way to fit it. This works a treat and the seat is really solid in the car.

Might be worth a read of your Britax manual unless you really want a Recarro!

BTW there's a section in the owners manual about fitting car seats which was useful.
Old 17 April 2002, 11:29 AM
sillysi
Scooby Regular

Nigel,

I suspect I tossed the manual away along time ago, silly me. Would you be able to give me a quick run down of fitting. I have it fitted as per the diagram on the back/side of the seat. I will have a look at Britax's website for any info. There again I may just buy the Recaro it does look good.

Si.
Old 17 April 2002, 11:34 AM
Tiggs
Scooby Regular

what does the weight of the recaro being added to the weight of the child do when in a crash and the child is pressed against the seat belt?

Tiggs
Old 17 April 2002, 12:04 PM
sillysi
Scooby Regular

Just read a report from the AA's website and the Recaro Start does not look too good, there again neither do many of the others. Child Seats
Old 17 April 2002, 12:47 PM
Nigel H
Scooby Regular

Sillysi

YHM