Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Why does every chav want to race!

Search this Thread

Old 13 February 2011, 02:06 AM
ScoobLou
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Why does every chav want to race!

Rant Mode!

Just got back from a lovely meal with friends.

Was driving back in the Scooby and every car coming up behind me wanted to get into my boot and would risk their lives to get past me.

On average doing 60 mph but wasn't interested in racing. One of them in a Saxo overtook then put their hazzards on, what is that all about. Then his mate in a Mondeo overtook.

Had another car up my backside so accelerated away. When they caught up they overtook coming up too a bend to get past me and another car then slowed down to turn off causing me and this other car to slow down?

Seems they have something to prove and no doubt will be boasting to their mates that they wasted a Subaru, perhaps that is what its all about.

I think I am getting old.

Just to give you an idea of the road conditions, it was foggy and the gritters had been out.
Old 13 February 2011, 02:18 AM
DannyM
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

saxo and a mundano?

could be worse, i had a kia sedona driving on its door mirrors trying to overtake me on a bend.

personal favourite was a badboy corsa(sxi and everything)revving at the lights, lights turned to amber just as he was lifting off the throttle but he dumped the clutch at the same time. whoops, did you stall, mate? ohwell, toodle pip.
Old 13 February 2011, 03:14 AM
jtonkins
Scooby Regular

i wouldnt worry about it too much i have this problem quite often and they seem to always catch me when im warming the car up and yeah sometimes you do think f**k it shall i go chase them on many accasions but then i think nah its not worth it also get many people riding my *** young and old that does p*** me off what is the point!! i feel like slamming my brakes on some of the ba***rds that will teach them!!
Old 13 February 2011, 07:46 AM
JonMc
Scooby Senior

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had a couple of blonds in their mini cooper try and run the traffic light grand prix round the Watford one-way system with me, I had my kids in the car and just wasn't interested, but they turned into another staller
Old 13 February 2011, 07:57 AM
rodneysti
Scooby Regular

watford is a racetrack when dark

police do seem to worry

i get the same in hemel everytime im out some must prove them self

i flick the fog light on when they are up the ****
Old 13 February 2011, 08:12 AM
corkers
Scooby Regular

i hate this!!! i often nearly have a vauxhall badge printed on my boot they may as well sit in my rear seats!
Old 13 February 2011, 08:43 AM
jayallen
Scooby Regular

Because Imprezas are still the yard stick people use to see how quick their cars are.
Old 13 February 2011, 09:32 AM
robin112
Scooby Regular

Tell me about it,I'm still young and I always get people tailgaiting me wanting to race,I don't even bother, scary bit is that I'm always worried someones gona go into the back of me
Old 13 February 2011, 10:02 AM
scott64
Scooby Regular

i find that most every teenager with a car wants to race...but i have noticed that there are more and more girl racers out there these days
Old 13 February 2011, 10:16 AM
Loco
Scooby Regular

I never have this problem, maybe because I am the one doing the overtaking?! haha, no but seriously, I don't even bother. some guy in a chavalier with huge exhausts wanted a go off the lights in nottingham the other day. I just let him go, because A) I KNOW I could thrash him, B) it will give him a nice story for his mates down at McDonalds car park, and C) another set of lights were red just up ahead, so was funny to see him just about get in to second gear before jumping on the brakes again.

I almost wish they would come to santa pod, where I would happily prove to them that they most definitely are NOT quicker than me off the lights...

Last edited by Loco; 13 February 2011 at 10:18 AM.
Old 13 February 2011, 10:22 AM
Curtiz
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by robin112
Tell me about it,I'm still young and I always get people tailgaiting me wanting to race,I don't even bother, scary bit is that I'm always worried someones gona go into the back of me
Agree with this. Im 21 and 99% of time i stick to speed limits but the speed i see some people flying up behind me, just to sit on my bumper is unreal. Even when stopped at traffic lights people feel the need to sit about an inch from my bumper, i am dreading the day someone might actually fly into the back of me

And with petrol prices, i cant afford to be driving on turbo lol
Old 13 February 2011, 10:32 AM
awdx4
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scott64
i find that most every teenager with a car wants to race...but i have noticed that there are more and more girl racers out there these days
Very true mate, I had a girl in a Golf saw me coming along the road and she flew out of a side road whilst making it plain with her facial expressions she'd seen me coming. What really hacked me off when I had no intention of entertaining her obvious aims of getting a reaction from me was when we got to some lights. We were the only two vehicles waiting at the lights and having just pulled out in front of me, she was first in line and waited until the lights began the sequence back to red before she wheel spun away, leaving me to wait for the lights to change again before I could carry on with my journey.
Old 13 February 2011, 11:19 AM
s c o o b y
Scooby Regular

I sometimes get this but mainly when i have got the wife and kids in the car not sure if they try it noing you might not want a race or not , most of the time i just let them go WE have nothing to prove they obviously do . ive had it for about eight years now of owning scoobys it never changes lol . my mate told me he dare'nt overtake a scoob cus it might shoot off and make him look a plonker stuck out on the other side of the road but he is mid thirtys not a young wipper snapper lol.
Old 13 February 2011, 11:23 AM
rogos
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by DannyM
saxo and a mundano?

could be worse, i had a kia sedona driving on its door mirrors trying to overtake me on a bend.

personal favourite was a badboy corsa(sxi and everything)revving at the lights, lights turned to amber just as he was lifting off the throttle but he dumped the clutch at the same time. whoops, did you stall, mate? ohwell, toodle pip.
fpmsl
Old 13 February 2011, 11:25 AM
banny sti
Scooby Senior

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

Anti lag is perfect for bumper huggers
Old 13 February 2011, 11:26 AM
JonMc
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by banny sti
Or just a simple flamer kit
Old 13 February 2011, 11:41 AM
rogos
Scooby Regular

i have had my scoob for nearly four years and i am still just begginning to get used to how we are treated on the roads, i tend to just let everyone else do their thing nowadays, sometimes i will bite but only if i am on my own and there's no one else around to put at risk. if its busy tho its always best to let the ********* show everyone else how much of a dick they actually are and just drive sensibly, that way if they crash and try to blame you for racing them its tough because everyone else saw different.
Old 13 February 2011, 11:54 AM
rssmotorx
Scooby Regular

i've had a couple of scoobys and i think you'll find they like to get so close to the a**e end purely because they like the sound of the exhaust
Old 13 February 2011, 12:01 PM
SRX
Scooby Regular

That is why I loved my 210 HP Forester 2.5 XT from 2005 so much.

The badge was replaced by a handle, so nobody noticed until it was to late,
what they were messing about.

Best part was when one of them fools - in cars they thought they where somebody -
wanted to hitchhike in your booth; a little extra touch on the accelerator and the only
thing what you could see in the rearview mirror was the completely stunned disbelief
on the face of the driver of a big Audi, BMW or Mercedes that they really drove 200 k.

And didn't stand a chance to follow when the Forester took off to 235.

When it rained you could easily drive 220 k. with none competitor whatever.

You couldn't loose with that Forester.
Nobody would race it, but it was fully capable to give a annoying driver a hard lesson.

And if you ever encountered a faster car, you would still drive "only" a Forester.
Old 13 February 2011, 12:04 PM
Tee-
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by banny sti
+1 works very well especially with bikers
Old 13 February 2011, 12:55 PM
madscoob
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

i once had a donkey in a rs . hugging my bumper so much i said to the wife this prat wants a lift . she said leave it but i couldnt , so i anchored up where he couldnt overtake , popped the boot got out walked round back of car signalled him to wait , i then produced a rope and walked up to his drivers door and offered him a tow to the nearest specsavers and asked him if he could see my kids in the back . or could he read my number plate from that distance . anyhow i aint a small bloke and i think he got the messages
1 buy a real car
2 get your eyes tested
3 do that again and i will render you incapable of driving
Old 13 February 2011, 01:43 PM
Tomwrx
Scooby Regular

its just the metality of boy@ girl racers nowadays.

i just pulled on to a dual carriage way and was behind this 1.0 vidal sasoon hairdryer (corsa)with 3 girls in it, doing 30ish in a 60 so indicated and pulled out and was just cruising past when they flicked it in to quick dry mode and tried to pull away,
i was shocked and the mrs was pissing herself, i just flicked the throttle and passed,but why try and keep up,i just dont understand idiots sometimes
Old 13 February 2011, 01:48 PM
dunx
Scooby Senior

Children, treated like adults but not used to being responsible for their actions.

dunx

P.S. I like the tow-rope story
Old 13 February 2011, 03:14 PM
scoobiesteve103
Scooby Regular

picture this. traffic lights at a cross jun, strait on is a twin lane that merges in to 1 after around 500 yrds.im at the lights with a d1ck in a golf turbo full of his mates revving the nuts of the engine,i think about it and wasnt gonna untill one of the idiots shout is that your mums car.lights green im gone. as i get to the 1 lane merger i slow down and let the golf catch up.he almost rams me cus the other lane has non stop traffic coming towards us.at this point i could have the rcm gobstopper and still would have done the same thing.i slowed down to 10mph.the boys behind was doing there nuts lol.sumtimes it pays just to be a **** like them
Old 13 February 2011, 04:44 PM
The Pink Ninja
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jtonkins
also get many people riding my *** young and old that does p*** me off
It would pi55 me off to, especially if they didn`t ask for permission, PMSL
Old 13 February 2011, 07:31 PM
jtonkins
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by GAZ2293
It would pi55 me off to, especially if they didn`t ask for permission, PMSL

haha yeah guessed that one was coming should of put it different
Old 13 February 2011, 07:32 PM
s70rjw
Scooby Senior

I has a Focus RS up my **** as I sat at 40 in a 40 limit last Monday night. Then it flew past me and continued to accelerate through the 30 limit. Shame to see a nice car being driven like that. Sounded nice at full chat..
Old 13 February 2011, 07:41 PM
Steve T
Scooby Regular

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I,ve had 5 Imprezas over the last 11 years. Try not to take the bait and just laugh. (I know its hard).If you race everything that wants to race you,you,ll soon lose your license, and even worse hurt someone. Steve.
Old 13 February 2011, 07:49 PM
ScoobLou
Scooby Regular

Thanks all for your replies.

It just annoys me how they will risk everything to get passed you.

What does switching the hazard lights on mean?

Plus why overtake me, then another car just to turn off and slow us both down again. I don't believe its just youngster either, I've had men in their forties and fifties in their people carriers acting like jerks behind me.

I haven't had any girl racers yet, well that I have been able to see.

Perhaps being female, men have to prove something to me.

Anyway if it carries on the Type R will be up for sale as at the moment I can't even go out for a drive without some idiot up my backside.
Old 13 February 2011, 07:49 PM
mrmadcap
Scooby Regular

This has been asked before on here on other similar threads but has anyone not tried the same against Porkers or other exotica?

Quick Reply: Why does every chav want to race!