Sponsored by:

RIGHT CHOICE INSURANCE

Search this Thread

Old 29 January 2011, 02:15 PM
deano27
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RIGHT CHOICE INSURANCE

I took out a insurance policy on my clasic impreza on 22nd of december and they sent out my details in post which i had to sign and return to them (about my terms and condtions and payment schedule and stuff)

I never sent it away , but i rang up on the 24th ov january to cancel my policy, and they said "YEAH NO PROBLEM, BUT THERE WILL BE A 40% OF YOUR ANUAL PRICE CHARGE FOR THIS, (WORKED OUT AT £540 TO CANCEL)

Just wondering if any1 ele had had anything lyk this, i still have the form which i was supposed to sign and return to them (UNSIGNED)

AND ANOTHER THING " DONT EVER USE THEM COZ THEY ARE A BUNCH OF WA**ERS
Old 29 January 2011, 02:27 PM
bolasti
Scooby Regular

i had to cancel my mrs poilcy (due to her passing her test and getting het full license) any way cut a long story short her insuer wanted 3 times the amout that she was paying before so i soon fooked them off neways the barrrrstards still wanted her to pay another 2 months of her policy in full (60 notes) as there was onlt 2 months left.

the annoying thing is that if she would of carried on then she would of got another year no claims so i think the lesson learnt is that they seem to do as they please and they have got you buy the bolux.

if you refuse to pay then they wont send your proof of no cliams very clever

p.s avoid yes insurance like the plague

Last edited by bolasti; 29 January 2011 at 02:29 PM.
Old 29 January 2011, 02:29 PM
deano27
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by bolasti
i had to cancel my mrs poilcy (due to her passing her test and getting het full license) any way cut a long story short her insuer wanted 3 times the amout that she was paying before so i soon fooked them off neways the barrrrstards still wanted her to pay another 2 months of her policy in full (60 notes) as there was onlt 2 months left.

the annoying thing is that if she would of carroed on then she would of got another year no claims so i think the lesson learnt is that they seem to do as they please and they have got you buy the bolux.

they havent got my no claims proof, coz i didnt send it to them
Old 29 January 2011, 02:32 PM
bolasti
Scooby Regular

ha ha ha i wouldnt bother then mate tell um to foooooooooooooooooooooook off
Old 29 January 2011, 02:32 PM
weescoobyman
Scooby Newbie

the annoying thing is that if she would of carried on then she would of got another year no claims so i think the lesson learnt is that they seem to do as they please and they have got you buy the bolux.

p.s avoid yes insurance like the plague

the trick is when you get your proof of n/c/d from your previous insurer ring them up saying you not recieved it and they will post you another copy now you have 2 copies send 1 off to your new insurance and if you cancel and refuse to pay the cancelation fee you still got your proof
Old 29 January 2011, 02:33 PM
bolasti
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by weescoobyman
the trick is when you get your proof of n/c/d from your previous insurer ring them up saying you not recieved it and they will post you another copy now you have 2 copies send 1 off to your new insurance and if you cancel and refuse to pay the cancelation fee you still got your proof

now that sounds like a plan
Old 29 January 2011, 02:46 PM
Pink_Floyd
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd be careful mate, these days companies are only too happy to pass the 'debt' over to sharks who will chase it.........
Old 29 January 2011, 08:37 PM
Moley
Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts

They're not actually allowed to do that, they have to send it still.
Old 30 January 2011, 08:59 AM
lordharding
Scooby Regular

The insurance company will pass the debt over to a collections company and you will have to pay
The contract was done over the phone and will be valid

Why did you not transfer a new car onto the policy ?
As to them you have just had a months free insurance so they will force cancellation charges onto you so I would imagine you will have to pay ,also raises the question were you actually insured for the month?
Old 30 January 2011, 11:39 AM
Gear Head
Scooby Regular

Surely if you didn't send the proof of no claims, then they are going to charge you the full amount without discount. Plus you will have to pay a cancellation fee. So when you cancel, you will have to pay alot more as you have not proven that you have the no claims. Why you didn't send the details of is beyond me. My mrs used to put up with peeps like you when she worked for an insurance company. So many jokers would ring up complaining that the police had pulled them over for having no insurance. The she checked and discovered that they had not return the signed contract, proof of no claims or even bothered paying! But yet they would still have a go at her on the phone!
Have walked into your own trap mate.

Last edited by Gear Head; 30 January 2011 at 11:47 AM.
Old 30 January 2011, 03:19 PM
SpecDscooby
Scooby Regular

Take a policy out; drive for a month, dont send a signed contract or anything then cancel it a month later??.....why would you do that??!!...months free insurance or something, seems ridiculas to me, if you were initially happy with the quote, whats the problem>?....Pay up.

How you can blame an insurance company for having a fail safe against fools cancelling after a month and getting free insurance, thus pushing up everyone's premium is beyond me. I guess if you had a crash in that month you would'nt want them to pay out either,,,,FFS.

Last edited by SpecDscooby; 30 January 2011 at 03:21 PM.
Old 30 January 2011, 03:46 PM
Gear Head
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by SpecDscooby
Take a policy out; drive for a month, dont send a signed contract or anything then cancel it a month later??.....why would you do that??!!...months free insurance or something, seems ridiculas to me, if you were initially happy with the quote, whats the problem>?....Pay up.

How you can blame an insurance company for having a fail safe against fools cancelling after a month and getting free insurance, thus pushing up everyone's premium is beyond me. I guess if you had a crash in that month you would'nt want them to pay out either,,,,FFS.
Spot on.