Sponsored by:

BIG THANX TO SCOOBYWORKZ

Search this Thread

Old 28 January 2011, 11:34 PM
jayukRS
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BIG THANX TO SCOOBYWORKZ

Car went on the rollers 2day it hit 305bhp with just an open source remap and 290torque...but runnin very very lean...so had fuel pump decat downpipe and a ecutek last min now its 320bhp and 318torque...so big shout out to the guys for a lastmin rush job car feels great....
Old 29 January 2011, 12:02 AM
prodriverules
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What model and year fella?
Old 29 January 2011, 12:27 AM
my94wrx
Scooby Regular

why didn't you get dynamix to look at it if it was lean
Old 29 January 2011, 12:33 AM
jayukRS
Scooby Regular

2004 sti....tried ringing him when we found out it was running lean...but didnt pick up...didnt want to drive it,it would play on my mind to much didnt want to do any damage to the engine, the curve was all over the place it peaked at 305 but say it was very very lean...
Old 29 January 2011, 12:40 AM
my94wrx
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jayukRS
2004 sti....tried ringing him when we found out it was running lean...but didnt pick up...didnt want to drive it,it would play on my mind to much didnt want to do any damage to the engine, the curve was all over the place it peaked at 305 but say it was very very lean...

strange that as he has a good rep, so was the lean running before the decat was fitted or after?
Old 29 January 2011, 12:49 AM
jayukRS
Scooby Regular

everything was standard when i brought the car apart from backbox and dumpvalve...so i got a panel filter and got duncan to map it...but i think cuz it was running standard fuel pump and cats in place the car ran lean...say duncan done a great job especially as we didnt do it on the rollers torque and power was great for the mods i had...but the power curve was up and down diped very low at some points...i wud recomend duncan to any1 and its not his fault just 1 of those thing i guess..
Old 29 January 2011, 12:52 AM
jayukRS
Scooby Regular

the cars now got a fuel pump and decat....i took it for a power run as noticed for a while it was very flat at high revs...changed the neutral positiong switch as this shown to be faulty when we maped it...changed it last week but car didnt improve...so took it for a power run to c wat was up....all sorted now tho
Old 29 January 2011, 01:49 AM
Loco
Scooby Regular

my car has a minor issue too, and i am heading to scoobyworks monday morning, hope they can sort me out too!!
Old 29 January 2011, 07:02 AM
dynamix
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hi Jay - I did ring you back and text you back later yesterday but was tied up mapping when you rang originally.

Was it just the fuel pump on the way out that was making it lean ? Can you pm me the 305bhp graphs as I am struggling to believe it was lean when mapped having been through my datalogs again?

Cheers
Old 29 January 2011, 10:59 AM
jayukRS
Scooby Regular

yeah sorry duncan i was out when u rang didnt get bk till late so thought i wud email u instead....yeah ill email the graphs to u tomorro got to get them scanned then ill send them ova...it might of been the fuel pump not been able to cope not to sure,i wud of probly of waited but was unsure when u wud be next free so just got it dun friday as im a worryer didnt really want to drive it...
Old 29 January 2011, 11:04 AM
jayukRS
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Loco
my car has a minor issue too, and i am heading to scoobyworks monday morning, hope they can sort me out too!!
been there twice now for a clutch and now this....im leicester based so its really handy for me for them bein round the corner there really good and im sure they will sort it....wats the problem ur havin...
Old 29 January 2011, 11:58 AM
Loco
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jayukRS
been there twice now for a clutch and now this....im leicester based so its really handy for me for them bein round the corner there really good and im sure they will sort it....wats the problem ur havin...
I have described it in another thread here mate...

https://www.scoobynet.com/general-te...ew-member.html

just a minor issue i reckon. subaru weren't too concerned when it was there, but its just not performing right
Old 29 January 2011, 01:00 PM
jayukRS
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Loco
I have described it in another thread here mate...

https://www.scoobynet.com/general-te...ew-member.html

just a minor issue i reckon. subaru weren't too concerned when it was there, but its just not performing right
least its happening at high revs so u can still enjoy the car well up to that point neway, if it is mapped i was advised never to go to high as power and torque drop of especially in turbo cars my focus rs had nothing else at around 5500-6000...but say shouldnt be doin that neway...let us know how u got on.