Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How much would I get?...Considering selling up.

Search this Thread

Old 25 January 2011, 05:17 PM
wrx sti ppp
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How much would I get?...Considering selling up.

Thinking about selling up...want to reduce my outgoings if i can so it looks like the sti might have to go . i have read a few posts on here about imprezas being hard to shift at the moment...why is that?

so my car...whats it worth in this damn awful economic climate?7

its a MY05 STi with Prodrive Performance Pack (wide track model), 57k miles, FSH (all but last one were Subaru), climate, crystal grey metallic, bit of tax, will have new MOT on come selling time, is in great condition...vortex cat back exhaust the only mod.

any advice, suggestions etc appreciated. thanks.
Old 25 January 2011, 05:40 PM
triggster
Scooby Regular

Hi,
Lovely looking sti, really like that colour, I think the current economic crisis would be to blame, the two main issues coming from this are rise in petrol and banks not lending as much money out ! im not sure about value, at a guess 9k-9.5k ish in this market but thats looking at a price to sell !
Old 25 January 2011, 05:44 PM
SpecDscooby
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Its not what you "might" get, a car is worth what i sells for at the moment, you will soon get dreamer telling you 11k, and fools saying 7k.

You get what you get....it wont book in the trade at anything more than 8k
Old 25 January 2011, 05:44 PM
scott64
Scooby Regular

its a buyers market at the moment mate, with the petrol prices and the economic outlook people are looking for a more economical car these days, sorry to state the obvious.......good luck with the sale
Old 25 January 2011, 05:48 PM
wrx sti ppp
Scooby Regular

i expect to take a hit on it, that's inevitable i guess. plus the niche nature of these cars makes the market even smaller. i was thinking about 9.5k tbh...but like someone has already mentioned, anything is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. havent totally made up my mind but i think i am heading towards selling it and looking at a mk5 golf gti as an alternative.
Old 25 January 2011, 05:52 PM
triggster
Scooby Regular

Is that a petrol mk5 Golf Gti ? a pal of mine has the edition30 one he is for ever moaning about the petrol that drinks !!!
Old 25 January 2011, 05:59 PM
wrx sti ppp
Scooby Regular

i was thinking about the petrol yeah. i drove one some time ago, not an Ed30 however, and it was really nice. how thirsty is your mate's compared to a scoob? other than a 330d i dont really want to drink from the black pump again for a while.
Old 25 January 2011, 05:59 PM
SpecDscooby
Scooby Regular

I had a SAAB 9-3 Aero, thought a good comprimise, luxury, not bad power, and more affordable fuel.......feker did 26mpg.....total false economy.....something like a 330D/ 530D BMW offers perhaps the best middle ground at about 6.5-7 secs 0-60 and 32 or so combined MPG ( i had a 530D but got bored of it...lol).....
Old 25 January 2011, 06:03 PM
triggster
Scooby Regular

I dont think from what he says there that much in it ! he does'nt hang around in it mind. Unless your going to get a powerful diesel or perhaps something thats significantly cheaper to run/tax/insure then you may regret it...
Old 25 January 2011, 06:16 PM
IggyRB320
Scooby Regular

A mate of mine this week sold his MY05 STi Type UK PPP, 60k'ish, FSSH, black pearl, Prodrove 18'' PFF7's.
First advertised at £8750 for about about 8 weeks, with hardly any calls & no offers.
He dropped the price to £7750 in the end.
Old 25 January 2011, 06:24 PM
Rosy
Scooby Regular

I have had an 05 golf gti (petrol) and although it is a nice car it is not going to net you any great savings. Only buy it if you want the 'golfness' not to save money!

I bought a diesel fiesta to go with another impreza
Old 25 January 2011, 07:05 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

There are some cracking bargains for gas guzzlers ........ and the Scooby is in that market.

It also now has an image problem, I'm afraid - Scoobies adorn every other Council House these days

That said, in answer to your question about how much - I would say, to sell, £6950 should see it away.

Nice looking car BTW!
Old 25 January 2011, 07:15 PM
SpecDscooby
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by SpecDscooby
Its not what you "might" get, a car is worth what i sells for at the moment, you will soon get dreamer telling you 11k, and fools saying 7k.

You get what you get....it wont book in the trade at anything more than 8k
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
This was my earlier reply....told you want you would hear, fools saying 7k (thanks PSL made it a reality in style), and everything in between.

Selling at £6950 is what it books for. The car is worth 8k in the open market. Trade in maybe more, maybe less. You will not privately sell this car for £9500 i'm sorry to say unless of course you are fortunate with your timing, then it is possible, but unlikely.

This would probably sit on a forecourt for around 9.5 - 10K top money.

Here is a guide::

http://www.parkers.co.uk/cars/used-p...t=8000&years=3

Last edited by SpecDscooby; 25 January 2011 at 07:25 PM.
Old 25 January 2011, 07:23 PM
Frosticles
Scooby Regular

I traded my 55 plate sti in 3 weeks ago. Was identical spec to yours but with another set of wheels with winter tyres. Dealer gave me 10k for it p/x which I couldn't turn down. Best of luck with the sale. 9.5k car all day long IMO.
Old 25 January 2011, 07:28 PM
SpecDscooby
Scooby Regular

But Frosticles you got good trade against a car with galactic mileage, that clearly the dealer had a lot of movement in. If he got that BWM for 6.5k, then your trade in appears not so sweet>?>....thats what its all about....getting the deal that best fits for you, and asking on forum what a car is worth aint going to do that....
Old 25 January 2011, 07:39 PM
CHOLTON
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by pslewis
There are some cracking bargains for gas guzzlers ........ and the Scooby is in that market.

It also now has an image problem, I'm afraid - Scoobies adorn every other Council House these days

That said, in answer to your question about how much - I would say, to sell, £6950 should see it away.

Nice looking car BTW!
At it again I see

Id say £9500 all day , depends how quick you want to shift it . Ive seen similar selling for that price and a touch more , and I mean selling NOT advertised .

Good luck with the sale
Old 25 January 2011, 07:52 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

I popped it into webuyanycar and they said £5490 ..... I added £1500 on as logic dictates the car should achieve around 25% more on the open market than webuyanycar offers.

Frosticle got very lucky most people agree - but his was chucked in against a very high mileage beemer, so not quite the same as a private sale.

I think I'm spot-on personally ...... they just aren't worth anything these days - will be worth £8000 if petrol drops to 99p a litre!
Old 25 January 2011, 07:56 PM
The Trooper 1815
18 June 1815 - Waterloo

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Nice looking car BTW!
Pete,

I think Honda outsell Subaru by a considerable margin, so statistically Honda occupy the housing estate market, go back to the cuntry manor and stop being a snob!
Old 25 January 2011, 08:52 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Chavs cannot afford Honda's .... but Scooby's are well within reach .... just how it is.
Old 26 January 2011, 09:36 AM
wrx sti ppp
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by SpecDscooby
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
This was my earlier reply....told you want you would hear, fools saying 7k (thanks PSL made it a reality in style), and everything in between.

Selling at £6950 is what it books for. The car is worth 8k in the open market. Trade in maybe more, maybe less. You will not privately sell this car for £9500 i'm sorry to say unless of course you are fortunate with your timing, then it is possible, but unlikely.

This would probably sit on a forecourt for around 9.5 - 10K top money.
I would think somewhere around the 8.8k mark would be about right at the present time...just my opinion, but i take in to account what you say. i would like to think that the market will bounce back and it will reflect its true value of around 9.5k.

I popped it into webuyanycar and they said £5490 ..... I added £1500 on as logic dictates the car should achieve around 25% more on the open market than webuyanycar offers.

I think I'm spot-on personally ...... they just aren't worth anything these days - will be worth £8000 if petrol drops to 99p a litre!
5.5k!!?? well that aint gonna happen. I could sell it tomorrow for your 7k and i would be a mug to do so. with the depressed market and niche/expensive to run vehicles like scoobies, it would go for 8k+ reasonably well i would have thought.

Originally Posted by CHOLTON
At it again I see

Id say £9500 all day , depends how quick you want to shift it . Ive seen similar selling for that price and a touch more , and I mean selling NOT advertised .

Good luck with the sale
not in any rush and tbh, if what other posters have said about the likes of mk5 gti's then i suppose, whats the point in selling? 6 months ago i would agree that its a 9.5k+ car, but accept at this time in this climate its quite a bit less than that.

my insurance is the biggest killer...had a claim prior to getting this car which has sent it through the roof. i also have a 60 mile commute daily so my wife is using it most days and i only get maybe 2 days a week driving it...keeps the mileage down i guess. and as someone else has said on this thread...i might regret selling it for the perception of saving a few notes each month. dilemma.
Old 26 January 2011, 10:18 AM
gazza0175
Scooby Regular

Have you considered keeping it and just buying another car? I know a few years ago you could get insurance for theft only and leave your car parked up on the drive, as long as it was off road you were fine, that way when the market picks up you can look to sell.
Old 26 January 2011, 10:37 AM
P600wrx
Scooby Regular

i have been looking for a blob sti for a while now, i would preffer the jdm version and a decent 1 is only 8.5k, if you get 9.5k good man and then use that to buy a WR1 as my mate has just done lol, if you see 8k then i would take it and run mate, get a golf tdgti awesome on fuel and still got some horses under the bonnet
Old 26 January 2011, 10:42 AM
jef
Scooby Regular

you have the advantage of having a very nice car, in good condition, with just a backbox, so atleast its almost stnadard

its too nice to just give away, hold out as the nicer weather comes in, people fall in love with nice cars as the sun comes out.

but depends how much you need it gone
Old 26 January 2011, 12:09 PM
peter a
Scooby Regular

I reckon it should be worth about 10k, but with things the way they are i would say you should get 8-8.5k on a private sale. Any more and you will be sitting next to a quite phone.
Old 26 January 2011, 04:30 PM
wrx sti ppp
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by P600wrx
...if you see 8k then i would take it and run mate, get a golf tdgti awesome on fuel and still got some horses under the bonnet
really not in any hurry to get rid...i love the car!...its just that i dont get to drive it too much and after my claim the insurance is heavy even though i have full protected NCB. used to have mk4 golf gttdi pd130 and that was a really nice car, plenty of go, vw build and quality...have had a few golfs in the past and theyre a nice car.

Originally Posted by jef
you have the advantage of having a very nice car, in good condition, with just a backbox, so atleast its almost stnadard

its too nice to just give away, hold out as the nicer weather comes in, people fall in love with nice cars as the sun comes out.

but depends how much you need it gone
...it is too nice to give away and i certainly wont do that. dont even really need it gone, just wish i could use it more. i use my wife's A4 avant diesel much of the week so i am saving there i guess, its just not driving the scoob and the heavy insurance that's the problem. don't suppose it would make any odds would it if she became the registered owner and insured as she has it more than me and i became a named driver? any insurance guys on here able to answer that?

Originally Posted by peter a
I reckon it should be worth about 10k, but with things the way they are i would say you should get 8-8.5k on a private sale. Any more and you will be sitting next to a quite phone.
totally agree with you. when i got 6 months ago i know i paid about 1k under what they were going for and consider myself having got a bargain...from a major dealer too!

at the end of the day i can make my motoring very cheap and miserable or i can stomach the expense and enjoy the car from time to time. more ponderings i think. thanks for all the replies guys.
Old 26 January 2011, 04:51 PM
+Doc+
Scooby Senior

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

It would be 9k at a dealers so I would say 8.5k is a fair starting price.
Old 26 January 2011, 05:02 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

All this talk of 'Should be' worth £10,000 ....... 'True Value' is £9,500 ....... blah, blah, blah is utter bollox to be brutally honest.

My house 'Should be' worth £1million ..... means NOWT! It's worth £xxx,xxx in todays market.

£x = what someone will pay me!

So, come on, stop the crap ..... if you want to sell it is ONLY worth what the buyer will pay! And that ain't £10k, £9k or £8k - sorry, but that's the way it is.

Good luck though Still a very nice looking car!
Old 26 January 2011, 06:46 PM
sharpy2010
Scooby Regular

Chavs cannot afford Honda's .... but Scooby's are well within reach .... just how it is.

I don't see why you continue to post on this site, when you (by your own choice) have now chosen a Honda.

Surely hanging around this site making rude, offensive and disparaging comments is a bit pointless?
Old 26 January 2011, 07:44 PM
mouse555
Scooby Regular

I sold my Sti just before christmas and it was identical to this one in terms of colour, miles, year, condition etc. I only got £7250 when I traded it in against an Audi A4 2.7 tdi S Line which is an ok car apart from being an Audi! It will do 56mpg on a good run though.

High fuel costs mean that a guzzler like this is not going to fetch an awful lot of money - everyone is watching their pennies and people don't want to be shoving money into their fuel tank and going nowhere on a full tank. Petrol will keep going up IMHO and the more it goes up the less people will want Imprezas'.

That said, the more the car you are buying is then the more you will get for an Impreza but dealers will know that they will struggle to sell them on for the above reason and won't break the bank to do the deal because someone may come along with a Honda to chop in!

Question is do you take a hit in the pocket on the Impreza now or do you gamble on future petrol prices and risk taking a bigger hit later. Decisions decisions.

I do miss my Impreza but I don't miss filling it up with expensive petrol every few days.

Best of luck to you though - you may well need it

Last edited by mouse555; 26 January 2011 at 07:58 PM.
Old 26 January 2011, 07:55 PM
jh1
Scooby Regular

£18,890 or there abouts on the road price for your honda diesel
£25,495 or there abouts for the new impreza wrx
pslewis it appears your car is a lot cheaper and very boring though you can allways top trump us on the mpg wrx 23 mpg
honda 55 mpg

Quick Reply: How much would I get?...Considering selling up.