Prodive rear spoiler

Search this Thread

Old 20 March 2001, 12:05 AM
logix651
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face

Just been quoted £890 for prodrive rear spoiler painted and fitted

The spoiler non painted cost £500+vat (588)
alone.
Do you think its worth it?

I find the STI 5 spoiler to big and heavy.

If cost was no t an option what would you get?
Old 20 March 2001, 12:10 AM
bennetm
Scooby Regular

Wink

Seems a bit pricey. I'm going for this one from DRM Motorsport which is the WRC replica for £400 painted.

I believe a lot of people have bought these and are really pleased with them. This one is lower than the sti 5 one which is fu***ng huge!

Mark.
Old 20 March 2001, 12:11 AM
Andy Tang
Scooby Regular

I bought the Prodrive WRC spoiler! I personally think it looks better than the STI5 spoiler.

I was quoted just under £900 initially as well, but as I was buying the car from the dealer I got him to do me a deal. I wanted the spoiler (£900) and the car colour coded (£350), but I managed to get both done for £500!! I guess there's more room to haggle when you're spending £19k!!

I would have bought an STI5 spoiler, if I didn't get the deal I did!!!

If you can find someone to sray it up cheap, and are willing to drill an extra hole in your boot lid yourself, you could save yourself a couple of quid!!!

Andy

[Edited to add the picture]

[This message has been edited by Andy Tang (edited 20 March 2001).]
Old 20 March 2001, 12:13 AM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Is that the P1 spoiler your after???
i need to do some checking up but i beleive that they are made just down the road from me email me off line and ill check it out for you.

Tony
Old 20 March 2001, 12:16 AM
TopCat
Scooby Regular

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by logix651:
<B>Just been quoted £890 for prodrive rear spoiler painted and fitted

The spoiler non painted cost £500+vat (588)
alone.
Do you think its worth it?

I find the STI 5 spoiler to big and heavy.

Hello m8,

I have a gen STI spoiler, was lucky got it from a dealer friend from Carlise (One off item) paid 500 all in.

I bet most off the extra cost goes towards the fitting, it takes approx 10 bolts to attach it to the boot, it is heavey but it really works, does not make the car any slower but at high speeds 130+ round bends you feel the car sitting down at the back and cornering much better and as for the high bar it bends...looks real cool.

I have a pic in the members gallery (southern meet) my one is the black one and you can see Andy Tangs pro drive spoiler on that tread. take a look.

I would stick to a gen 1, I have seen copy ones paint flaking off etc.. At the end off the day it's your budget.

What I would do is buy it from PD and speak with dealers to get it fitted and painted. If Carlise is not to far for you get it mailed there for painting and them go up for the fitting.

Let me know

TC

If cost was no t an option what would you get?[/quote]

Old 20 March 2001, 12:26 AM
Andy Tang
Scooby Regular

The Prodrive spoiler only requires two extra holes to be drilled.

The replica ones, can have 4 extra holes drilled for the the panel across the bootlid, but these don't need to be done.

But as TC has said, for a genuine STI spoiler, there are 10 bolts!!!

But look at the finished product (TopCat's car)!!!

Andy
Old 20 March 2001, 12:48 AM
logix651
Scooby Regular

Telling you the truth I have an Replica sti5 spoiler in DBM in may garage but after inspecting it closer I see a very small gap.

Its ok but I don't like the gap where they join between the top and lower spoiler.

Probably going to sell it soon
Got it for £360 selling soon for £150
Old 20 March 2001, 12:56 AM
JONNYBOY
Scooby Regular

Cool

Logix651
Can I be first in the que when it comes up for sale. Please e.mail me
j.melling@talk21.com
jonnyboy
Old 20 March 2001, 01:03 PM
TopCat
Scooby Regular

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by logix651:
<B>Telling you the truth I have an Replica sti5 spoiler in DBM in may garage but after inspecting it closer I see a very small gap.

Its ok but I don't like the gap where they join between the top and lower spoiler.

Probably going to sell it soon
Got it for £360 selling soon for £150[/quote]

I would keep it, the gap is good the spoiler is big and the gap breaks it up a bit. Is the rep a 2 piece?.. see you have people wanting it already. Your choice, I would at least try the one you have first, what colour is it?

Andy, I don't know how you do that, I need to learn. My car is going to get to pop m8

Moe
Old 20 March 2001, 01:05 PM
TopCat
Scooby Regular

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by Andy Tang:
<B>I bought the Prodrive WRC spoiler! I personally think it looks better than the STI5 spoiler.

I was quoted just under £900 initially as well, but as I was buying the car from the dealer I got him to do me a deal. I wanted the spoiler (£900) and the car colour coded (£350), but I managed to get both done for £500!! I guess there's more room to haggle when you're spending £19k!!

I would have bought an STI5 spoiler, if I didn't get the deal I did!!!

If you can find someone to sray it up cheap, and are willing to drill an extra hole in your boot lid yourself, you could save yourself a couple of quid!!!

Andy

[Edited to add the picture]

[This message has been edited by Andy Tang (edited 20 March 2001).][/quote]

Andy

sweet photo of your scoob m8!

Old 20 March 2001, 01:27 PM
555 Markus
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Logix651

I've got a Prodrive rear spoiler fitted to my MY97 turbo. The £587 (inc VAT) seems the standard price around the dealers but its worth shopping around to see how much extra they want for painting and fitting. I eventually got mine at Gatwick Subaru. The total cost was £737. Other dealers were quoting anywhere between £750 - £900!

And it looks superb!!

Mark
Old 20 March 2001, 02:14 PM
STEVECHAPS
Scooby Regular

Cool

Mark (Bennetm)
Cheers for the picture.
I've been wondering since I got the car what
spoiler the dealer had put on - now I know.
Asked them for a "prodrive" one but am absolutely delighted with what I ended up with, especially as it's adjustable!!
Thanks again
SteveC
PS Did I say it looks fab
Old 20 March 2001, 04:27 PM
Peter L
Scooby Regular

SteveC

I was just going to email you to tell you I had seen your spoiler!!! You beat me to it - and it does look good, now how do I approach the subject of more expense on the car with the missue?!?

Peter
Old 20 March 2001, 04:45 PM
TopCat
Scooby Regular

PETER L,

A white lie, I told her in doors that the one I have it's not safe, like the story about the TT's. Followed on to say I was getting a 30% discount. She bought it and she is an accountant. Women will not comp the saftey of her man over a few quid, than again I don't know you misses.

What do you think? you going for it or what m8

regards

Moe
Old 20 March 2001, 05:05 PM
STEVECHAPS
Scooby Regular

Peter,
Tell her all about my detour into the scenery,then add that this spoiler is adjustable and provides more downforce thus being a useful safety aid
Worked for me......
Cheers
SteveC
Old 20 March 2001, 06:16 PM
adge
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Cool

I got the prodrive one as I also think it looks better and will have a better resale value when I put the old one back when I sell it the car, as fitting one of the STI types will effect the boot lid paintwork. Also the brake light is higher and therefore more obvious to tailgaters.
I talked nicely to my local Subaru dealer and got for £500 inc vat and then got a friend to paint it.
However if you're lucky ask darren (the lucky *******) he paid £200 inc paint for one off a damaged car.
Cheers Adge
Old 20 March 2001, 07:13 PM
Marty.S
Scooby Regular

Ive been ringing around dealers to try and buy a STI rear spoiler but not getting much of a response.I have ordered a front lip spoiler like Andy tangs without
any problem(thanks to Jim Childs) so why is it so difficult to buy a genuine rear wing.Any help on this is appreciated
Old 20 March 2001, 09:46 PM
Andy Tang
Scooby Regular

Marty,

You will have a hard time trying to get a genuine STI spoiler out of Subaru.

The STI's that became P1's have the same bottom half, but I've been told that the top parts were destroyed by Prodrive, at Subaru UK's request.

I know that some P1's had the original spoiler when they were given to customers, due to various paint issues.

I think Subaru though better that people get the cars, rather than have a cancelled order!!

Andy
Old 20 March 2001, 10:52 PM
bennetm
Scooby Regular

Wink

Just a quick point :

I've been asked a number of questions about the blue car (which is damn nice ) but it's not mine.
The picture came from David at DR Motorsport, he kindly sent it so I could get a better idea of what the spoiler looked like. As for the mudflaps, not sure but David may know, he's very helpful.