Sponsored by:

Problem with Prosport Guage's

Search this Thread

Old 12 January 2011, 04:38 PM
-shane-
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problem with Prosport Guage's

Right i bought 3 x Prosport Gauges Boost, oil temp and oil pressure, There were installed and everything went well, There all switched on OK and did the sweep, But i noticed the oil temp gauge was slightly dimmer than the other 2, I checked all the wiring and made sure everything was connected as it should be, This didn't solve the problem, I contacted Prosport and there said are there all getting equal power etc etc i checked and the dim gauge is the one were the power is going to 1st, There sent a replacement gauge Ive just installed it and Ive still got the Problem its dim.

When installing the new gauge i turned the ignition and the Oil Pressure gauge flashed as it should but so did the new gauge i touched the power cable on the back and it stoped then done it again then stoped

Any idea's?? I don't know what else to do

Last edited by -shane-; 12 January 2011 at 04:40 PM.
Old 12 January 2011, 05:36 PM
awdx4
Scooby Regular

You could try swapping the power supply from one of the other guages to the one that looks dim and see if that makes any difference. I'm assuming that the power cable you are referring to is plugged or hard wired into the back of the guage, if it's a user made connection there must be a poor live or ground connection. If it's the factory fitted connection then the problem may be inside the guage or connetion point on the rear of it . In the few months I've been a member here, there have been a few posts with people having grief with prosport guages and I'm wondering if they have a tendency to be troublesome or if it's simply that more people have bought them based upon an economic choice in respect of their competitive price.

Regards

Tim
Old 12 January 2011, 05:55 PM
Northern Nick
Scooby Regular

Have you tried unplugging the daisy chain so it powers up alone? Try swapping the power in power out connections. I'm just installing 2 of them and expect to get power in to them tonight, be interesting to see what happens.

Which wires have you chosen for you back light and what colour did you order?

Last edited by Northern Nick; 12 January 2011 at 05:57 PM.
Old 12 January 2011, 06:19 PM
-shane-
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Northern Nick
Have you tried unplugging the daisy chain so it powers up alone? Try swapping the power in power out connections. I'm just installing 2 of them and expect to get power in to them tonight, be interesting to see what happens.

Which wires have you chosen for you back light and what colour did you order?
I will give this a go,, I have 60mm red/white, and i have them connected to the brightness switch so a flick either way can change colour
Old 12 January 2011, 06:20 PM
-shane-
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by awdx4
You could try swapping the power supply from one of the other guages to the one that looks dim and see if that makes any difference. I'm assuming that the power cable you are referring to is plugged or hard wired into the back of the guage, if it's a user made connection there must be a poor live or ground connection. If it's the factory fitted connection then the problem may be inside the guage or connetion point on the rear of it . In the few months I've been a member here, there have been a few posts with people having grief with prosport guages and I'm wondering if they have a tendency to be troublesome or if it's simply that more people have bought them based upon an economic choice in respect of their competitive price.

Regards

Tim
To be honest mate i think so many people have bought them that your going to get a few problem's, The power is a plug supplied and clips in ok,
Old 12 January 2011, 08:37 PM
-shane-
Scooby Regular

Bump
Old 12 January 2011, 09:10 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

There have been problems with the gauges both with the daisy chain wires and the connector on the rear of the gauge. If it's done the same on TWO different gauges, suspect the wire.

Someone on here found a cure by holding the connectors more tightly in place.

Trending Topics

Old 12 January 2011, 09:16 PM
-shane-
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by alcazar
There have been problems with the gauges both with the daisy chain wires and the connector on the rear of the gauge. If it's done the same on TWO different gauges, suspect the wire.

Someone on here found a cure by holding the connectors more tightly in place.
I agree the wiring to the gauges are a nightmare i wish u could hear them click in place, As for the dim gauge i have no idea, im gonna try powering them from one of the 2 tomorrow to see if this makes a difference.
Old 13 January 2011, 10:49 AM
-shane-
Scooby Regular

Right I've had a quick look before work I didn't realise the blue plug is the sensor so I've sorted that it wasn't clicked in right, gauge is still dim and the replacement is too so it can't be the gauge, I've checked all connections again and all seems ok I wired them off the clock wires as seen this is best to do all the wires there are soldered and heat shrink on them, I can't see nothing else, arghhhhhh