Sponsored by:

eBay belter - again...

Search this Thread

Old 09 January 2011, 08:19 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default eBay belter - again...

Just browsing the 'bay as you do and came across this...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/98-S-SUBARU-IM...item41559a58e2

Quite cheerful and eccentric dealer who's very proud of his 450bhp aquisition (nothing unusual there), but when I saw that to reach 880bhp (YES 880bhp) is a stand alone ECU it screamed 'classic pub talk'.

Nice car, but no mention of brakes or drivetrain upgrades to cope with 880bhp
Old 09 January 2011, 08:39 PM
badboyz666
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by chocolate_o_brian
Just browsing the 'bay as you do and came across this...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/98-S-SUBARU-IM...item41559a58e2

Quite cheerful and eccentric dealer who's very proud of his 450bhp aquisition (nothing unusual there), but when I saw that to reach 880bhp (YES 880bhp) is a stand alone ECU it screamed 'classic pub talk'.

Nice car, but no mention of brakes or drivetrain upgrades to cope with 880bhp
this has been posted before but still a very fuuny read about his 880bhp "scubby"
Old 09 January 2011, 08:39 PM
newdave
Former Sponsor

wow that's a lot of horses i wonder if the insurance would quote me happy
Old 09 January 2011, 08:42 PM
Terminator X
Owner of SNet

Originally Posted by badboyz666
this has been posted before but still a very fuuny read about his 880bhp "scubby"
Indeed, this £5k car has a £21k WRC engine

TX.
Old 09 January 2011, 08:55 PM
99greenwagon
Scooby Regular

hmmm...i smell s**t.
Old 09 January 2011, 09:05 PM
seraphSTI
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow, I hope the guy that wrote that ad isn't the same guy that built the engine!
Old 09 January 2011, 09:11 PM
leecalcars
Scooby Regular

Think this site needs a forum "look what ****e's up for sale now".

Trending Topics

Old 09 January 2011, 09:21 PM
badboyz666
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by seraphSTI
Wow, I hope the guy that wrote that ad isn't the same guy that built the engine!

Old 09 January 2011, 09:23 PM
jura11
Scooby Regular

At 880BHP will lead Scoobynet BHP leaderboard.
I think this dealer need this forum for advice....

Jura
Old 09 January 2011, 09:23 PM
dan83590
Scooby Regular

I think the SCUBBY looks okay.

And it has been OWNED AND BUILT BY SPECIALITS CLOSE TO WEAR HE LIVES.
Old 10 January 2011, 07:12 AM
Norman Dog
Scooby Regular

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

WHY ARE ALL THESE ADS MIS-SPELT AND IN BLOCK CAPITALS?
Old 10 January 2011, 05:17 PM
sharpy2010
Scooby Regular

98 S SUBARU IMPREZA TURBO 450BHP WRC BOTTOM END PX SWAP
TRUELY AMAZING OUTSTANDING ONE OFF!! 20K ENGINE BUILD!!
Price: £4,995.00

Description
HI ALL AND A WARM WELCOME TO U ON THIS PLEASANT AUTUMN DAY (Er, I'm not sure its autumn mate!). YOUR IN THE RIGHT PLACE TO BUY YOURSELF A GOOD HONEST VEHICLE AT A COMPETITIVE PRICE.PLEASE READ ON AND LETS SEE IF WE CAN STRIKE A DEAL!!

PLEASE CALL 07907 839746 WITH ANY QUERIES ON THIS AND ANY OTHER OF MY STOCK. CAN PX FAVOURABLE SWAP TO (ME) (What? What does that mean?!) FOR ANY CAR VAN TRUCK LORRY BUS BIKE, U NAME IT!! HAPPY TO TAKE ANYTHING SO LONG AS THERES A SMALL PROFIT IN IT FOR MYSELF (Happy to take anything in exchange for the sh1te I give you back, more like.)!!

IF U LIVE FAR AWAY OR EVEN LOCALLY, IF YOUR SURE THIS IS THE CAR FOR U ("U"? Mate, its not a phone keyboard... Typing "you" doesn't take 1 second longer!)DONT HESITATE,PICK UP THE PHONE AND CALL IM SURE THERES A DEAL IN IT SOMEWHERE!! I WILL TRY MY VERY BEST TO ACCOMODATE U AND YOUR NEEDS.COME DOWN ON PRICE OR GIVE U A GOOD PX PRICE.I CAN TAKE A DEPOSIT OVER THE PHONE AND HOLD THIS CAR FOR U READY FOR COLLECTION!!

DELIVERY IS ALSO AVAILABLE THROUGHOUT THE UK AND EVEN THROUGHOUT EUROPE!! IF YOUR IN IT TO WIN IT SOME AM I (Huh?).

ANY TRIAL INSPECTION WELCOMED AND ENCOURAGED. HAPPY TO PX SWAP FOR ANY CAR VAN TRUCK (In fact, I'll swap you anything at all which means I get your decent vehicle in exchange for one of my piles of crap!).

PLEASE NOTE AT SOME TIMES OF THE DAY NO MATTER HOW MUCH U TRY TO CALL THE PHONE IS CONSTANTLY ENGAGED OR I CAN NOT ANSWER STRAIGHT AWAY (Because quite frankly I can't be bothered).THIS IS DUE TO HIGH CALL VOLUMES,AND IF IM HONEST THE MAJORITY OF CUSTOMERS WILL THEN NOT CALL BACK (Which is probably to their benefit, really) AND THE DEAL IS LOST FOR BOTH OF US! IF THIS HAPPENS PLEASE SEND ME A TEXT WITH THE CARS DETALS YOUR INTERESTED IN AND I WILL DEFINATLEY CALL U BACK.

MANY THANKS

FIRST AND FORMOST I MUST OPEN UP BY SAYING IT HOW IT IS......IVE OWNED AND DRIVEN OVER 40 SCUBBYS (though I've no idea that the nickname is really "Scooby" even though I've had 40 of them), ALL THE DIFFERENT VARIENTS TURBO 2000~ WRX~WRX STI~ 22B~ R5~ PRODRIVE~IVE HAD EVO 4 AND 6 U NAME IT.SOME OF THEM APPARENTLY RUNNING@ 350+BHP.WHEN I WAS TAKEN OUT IN THIS ONLY SUNDAY JUST GONE I WAS BLOWN AWAY WITH ITS BRUTALITY AND AM STILL TELLING FOLK ABOUT THIS NOW....INFACT THE HAIRS ON THE BACK OF MY NECK ARE STILL STANDING UP!!

ILL ADMIT IVE ALWAYS BEEN ONE FOR THE SCUBBYS WITH GRAPHICS WITH BODYKITS (because I'm a chav),SO THE LOOKS EQUAL THE POWER.AFTER THIS SUNDAY THE SIMPLE ORIGINAL LOOK OF A WOLF IN SHEEPS CLOTHING IS MUCH MORE FUN!! ALL U NEED TO KNOW IS NOTHING OUT THERE CAN TOUCH U!! ITS A NICE FEELING!!

OWNED AND BUILT BY SPECIALITS CLOSE TO WEAR I LIVE (Sorry for my really poor spelling... the cars I provide are also this poor). I HAVE BEEN GIVEN A RUN DOWN ON THIS CARS ENGINE AND INTERNALS.THEY HAVE SIMPLY SAID TO ME THEY WANT THIS CAR AIMED AT REAL PEOPLE IN THE KNOW WHO WILL READ ON AND LOOK AT THE ENGINE PICS AND APPRECIATE THIS CAR FOR WHAT IT IS!!

THIS IS AS FAR AS WE KNOW (disclaimer...) THE QUICKEST SCUBBY ON MASS AIR FLOW!

IM TOLD IF RUNNING ON SHELL OPTIMAX IT WILL BE EVEN QUICKER THAN 450BHP (And I say "I'm told" because then when someone challenges me and says I'm full of ****e, I can say "yeah but no but yeah but someone told me tho so it must be true"). (Surely 450BHP is a measure of power, not speed? How can it be quicker than 450BHP!)

ALL IT NEEDS TO BE 880BHP IS A STAND ALONE MANAGMENT SYSTEM! (The biggest lie ever told on the internet)

WRC BOTTOM END
SPEC C CAMS AND HEADS
COMETIC HEADGASKETS
CUSKO COIL OVERS ALL ROUND
WHITE LINE ANTI ROLL BARS
ANTI LIFT KIT
STEEL CRANK
ARROW CON RODS
OMEX PISTONS
FULLY FORGED BOTTOM END
HUGE TURBO WITH 4" INLET
EXEDY RACING CLUTCH
ADJ FUEL REGULATOR
ADJ SUSPENSION TOPS
BIG FRONT MOUNT INTERCOOLER
4 NEW BRIDGESTONE POTENZAS

THIS ENGINE HAS DONE ROUGHLY 4000 MILES SINCE BUILD.

PERFECT TRACK DAY CAR.

IF U GO ON ROGER CLARK WEBSITE IM TOLD WRC BOTTOM END TO BUY £21K

THIS CAR WILL BE SOLD WITH MOST OF THE ENGINE PARTS OUT OF A GROUP N RALLY CAR.

FULL MOT ON THIS BEAUTY AND TAX EXPIRES MARCH 2011 (It hasn't got a full year MOT because it will fail).

THE BODYWORK IS IN GOOD CLEAN ORDER FOR HER AGE ALONG WITH A CLEAN AND PRESENTABLE STI INTERIOR.

I/WE CONSIDER THIS TO BE A REAL STEEL AT THE MONEY!! TO BUILD THIS ENGINE YOURSELF YOUR LOOKING AT WELL INTO 15-20K.

WOULD LOVE A BMW M5 AS PART EXCHANGE (In order to get rid of this sh1te I'll take a nice car from you and give you crap back)

Safety Features
Airbag Driver, Anti-Lock Brakes (ABS), Electronic Stability Program (ESP), Safety Belt Pretensioners, Rear seat belts, Four Wheel Drive, Alarm

Exterior Features
Catalytic Converter, Alloy Wheels, Rear Spoiler, Tuning

Interior/Comfort
Central Locking, Auxiliary Heating, Electric Windows, Power Steering, Tilt Steering Wheel
Old 10 January 2011, 06:22 PM
Northern Nick
Scooby Regular

It doesn't encourage you to go and look at it lol
Old 10 January 2011, 07:08 PM
badboyz666
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by sharpy2010
98 S SUBARU IMPREZA TURBO 450BHP WRC BOTTOM END PX SWAP
TRUELY AMAZING OUTSTANDING ONE OFF!! 20K ENGINE BUILD!!
Price: £4,995.00

Description
HI ALL AND A WARM WELCOME TO U ON THIS PLEASANT AUTUMN DAY (Er, I'm not sure its autumn mate!). YOUR IN THE RIGHT PLACE TO BUY YOURSELF A GOOD HONEST VEHICLE AT A COMPETITIVE PRICE.PLEASE READ ON AND LETS SEE IF WE CAN STRIKE A DEAL!!

PLEASE CALL 07907 839746 WITH ANY QUERIES ON THIS AND ANY OTHER OF MY STOCK. CAN PX FAVOURABLE SWAP TO (ME) (What? What does that mean?!) FOR ANY CAR VAN TRUCK LORRY BUS BIKE, U NAME IT!! HAPPY TO TAKE ANYTHING SO LONG AS THERES A SMALL PROFIT IN IT FOR MYSELF (Happy to take anything in exchange for the sh1te I give you back, more like.)!!

IF U LIVE FAR AWAY OR EVEN LOCALLY, IF YOUR SURE THIS IS THE CAR FOR U ("U"? Mate, its not a phone keyboard... Typing "you" doesn't take 1 second longer!)DONT HESITATE,PICK UP THE PHONE AND CALL IM SURE THERES A DEAL IN IT SOMEWHERE!! I WILL TRY MY VERY BEST TO ACCOMODATE U AND YOUR NEEDS.COME DOWN ON PRICE OR GIVE U A GOOD PX PRICE.I CAN TAKE A DEPOSIT OVER THE PHONE AND HOLD THIS CAR FOR U READY FOR COLLECTION!!

DELIVERY IS ALSO AVAILABLE THROUGHOUT THE UK AND EVEN THROUGHOUT EUROPE!! IF YOUR IN IT TO WIN IT SOME AM I (Huh?).

ANY TRIAL INSPECTION WELCOMED AND ENCOURAGED. HAPPY TO PX SWAP FOR ANY CAR VAN TRUCK (In fact, I'll swap you anything at all which means I get your decent vehicle in exchange for one of my piles of crap!).

PLEASE NOTE AT SOME TIMES OF THE DAY NO MATTER HOW MUCH U TRY TO CALL THE PHONE IS CONSTANTLY ENGAGED OR I CAN NOT ANSWER STRAIGHT AWAY (Because quite frankly I can't be bothered).THIS IS DUE TO HIGH CALL VOLUMES,AND IF IM HONEST THE MAJORITY OF CUSTOMERS WILL THEN NOT CALL BACK (Which is probably to their benefit, really) AND THE DEAL IS LOST FOR BOTH OF US! IF THIS HAPPENS PLEASE SEND ME A TEXT WITH THE CARS DETALS YOUR INTERESTED IN AND I WILL DEFINATLEY CALL U BACK.

MANY THANKS

FIRST AND FORMOST I MUST OPEN UP BY SAYING IT HOW IT IS......IVE OWNED AND DRIVEN OVER 40 SCUBBYS (though I've no idea that the nickname is really "Scooby" even though I've had 40 of them), ALL THE DIFFERENT VARIENTS TURBO 2000~ WRX~WRX STI~ 22B~ R5~ PRODRIVE~IVE HAD EVO 4 AND 6 U NAME IT.SOME OF THEM APPARENTLY RUNNING@ 350+BHP.WHEN I WAS TAKEN OUT IN THIS ONLY SUNDAY JUST GONE I WAS BLOWN AWAY WITH ITS BRUTALITY AND AM STILL TELLING FOLK ABOUT THIS NOW....INFACT THE HAIRS ON THE BACK OF MY NECK ARE STILL STANDING UP!!

ILL ADMIT IVE ALWAYS BEEN ONE FOR THE SCUBBYS WITH GRAPHICS WITH BODYKITS (because I'm a chav),SO THE LOOKS EQUAL THE POWER.AFTER THIS SUNDAY THE SIMPLE ORIGINAL LOOK OF A WOLF IN SHEEPS CLOTHING IS MUCH MORE FUN!! ALL U NEED TO KNOW IS NOTHING OUT THERE CAN TOUCH U!! ITS A NICE FEELING!!

OWNED AND BUILT BY SPECIALITS CLOSE TO WEAR I LIVE (Sorry for my really poor spelling... the cars I provide are also this poor). I HAVE BEEN GIVEN A RUN DOWN ON THIS CARS ENGINE AND INTERNALS.THEY HAVE SIMPLY SAID TO ME THEY WANT THIS CAR AIMED AT REAL PEOPLE IN THE KNOW WHO WILL READ ON AND LOOK AT THE ENGINE PICS AND APPRECIATE THIS CAR FOR WHAT IT IS!!

THIS IS AS FAR AS WE KNOW (disclaimer...) THE QUICKEST SCUBBY ON MASS AIR FLOW!

IM TOLD IF RUNNING ON SHELL OPTIMAX IT WILL BE EVEN QUICKER THAN 450BHP (And I say "I'm told" because then when someone challenges me and says I'm full of ****e, I can say "yeah but no but yeah but someone told me tho so it must be true"). (Surely 450BHP is a measure of power, not speed? How can it be quicker than 450BHP!)

ALL IT NEEDS TO BE 880BHP IS A STAND ALONE MANAGMENT SYSTEM! (The biggest lie ever told on the internet)

WRC BOTTOM END
SPEC C CAMS AND HEADS
COMETIC HEADGASKETS
CUSKO COIL OVERS ALL ROUND
WHITE LINE ANTI ROLL BARS
ANTI LIFT KIT
STEEL CRANK
ARROW CON RODS
OMEX PISTONS
FULLY FORGED BOTTOM END
HUGE TURBO WITH 4" INLET
EXEDY RACING CLUTCH
ADJ FUEL REGULATOR
ADJ SUSPENSION TOPS
BIG FRONT MOUNT INTERCOOLER
4 NEW BRIDGESTONE POTENZAS

THIS ENGINE HAS DONE ROUGHLY 4000 MILES SINCE BUILD.

PERFECT TRACK DAY CAR.

IF U GO ON ROGER CLARK WEBSITE IM TOLD WRC BOTTOM END TO BUY £21K

THIS CAR WILL BE SOLD WITH MOST OF THE ENGINE PARTS OUT OF A GROUP N RALLY CAR.

FULL MOT ON THIS BEAUTY AND TAX EXPIRES MARCH 2011 (It hasn't got a full year MOT because it will fail).

THE BODYWORK IS IN GOOD CLEAN ORDER FOR HER AGE ALONG WITH A CLEAN AND PRESENTABLE STI INTERIOR.

I/WE CONSIDER THIS TO BE A REAL STEEL AT THE MONEY!! TO BUILD THIS ENGINE YOURSELF YOUR LOOKING AT WELL INTO 15-20K.

WOULD LOVE A BMW M5 AS PART EXCHANGE (In order to get rid of this sh1te I'll take a nice car from you and give you crap back)

Safety Features
Airbag Driver, Anti-Lock Brakes (ABS), Electronic Stability Program (ESP), Safety Belt Pretensioners, Rear seat belts, Four Wheel Drive, Alarm

Exterior Features
Catalytic Converter, Alloy Wheels, Rear Spoiler, Tuning

Interior/Comfort
Central Locking, Auxiliary Heating, Electric Windows, Power Steering, Tilt Steering Wheel
very good
Old 10 January 2011, 07:43 PM
princey2k5
Scooby Regular

Park cars in coventry.. Hahaha. Says it all. They're thick as pig **** there. He blatently ripped someone off and got it in px for a cavalier Ls he has in the back that was a 340bhp redtop superbusa turbo plus with nitrous dioxide.... Lmfao

Idiots. I gaurantee you now, that car will fall to bits 5 mile down the road and is running 240 bhp
Old 10 January 2011, 08:06 PM
Noris8322
Scooby Regular

If you went to view it, you would be to watch where you stand cos of all the bullsh*t!!!
Old 10 January 2011, 08:09 PM
princey2k5
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Noris8322
If you went to view it, you would be to watch where you stand cos of all the bullsh*t!!!
I just fed my ipad imodium to flush the **** out the screen
Old 10 January 2011, 08:27 PM
millsy3
Scooby Regular

well he must of ripped people off before, have you seen his rateings, 83.3 % cant be very good at selling stuff, someone should ring him or go see it and just waste his time, and see what he has to say.
Old 10 January 2011, 09:57 PM
Northern Nick
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by millsy3
someone should ring him or go see it and just waste his time, and see what he has to say.
They did this on the GT4OC once with something similar, messaging the seller and he actually posted the questions on ebay until one of them totally ripped the sh*t and he twigged what was going on then he removed the item from sale.

It was rather ammusing to say the least
Old 10 January 2011, 10:26 PM
eversham
Scooby Regular

i like the part about the car will be sold with group n engine parts, isnt that a standard production car for rallying with no engine mods etc???
Old 10 January 2011, 10:37 PM
huzzy1
Scooby Regular

WOULD LOVE A BMW M5 AS PART EXCHANGE

I bet you ****in' would!!!!!

I'd love to get noshed off by Nigella but it ain't happening!
Old 11 January 2011, 07:03 PM
millsy3
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by huzzy1

yeah bet he would
Old 11 January 2011, 07:07 PM
TurboAndy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by eversham
i like the part about the car will be sold with group n engine parts, isnt that a standard production car for rallying with no engine mods etc???
Some GPN engine parts are different to standard subaru bits. Yes alot of stuff on a GPN car are the same as a standard road car but not all.
Old 11 January 2011, 07:33 PM
scixer6r
Scooby Regular

Hasnt that pile of dog poo sold yet?maybe no one can tame all that power,i mean bullsh*t.
Old 11 January 2011, 07:52 PM
NINJA ED
Scooby Regular

Wow what an ad!!! Was really tempted to buy that and blow everything off the road and to sit next to my 1000 bhp bike in the garage
Old 11 January 2011, 07:55 PM
princey2k5
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by huzzy1

****!ng brilliant. Hahaha
Old 11 January 2011, 08:08 PM
dan83590
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by millsy3
well he must of ripped people off before, have you seen his rateings, 83.3 % cant be very good at selling stuff, someone should ring him or go see it and just waste his time, and see what he has to say.
It's gone down since you posted that