Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What has happened to Common Decency?

Search this Thread

Old 23 December 2010, 06:25 PM
Dazza9t9
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What has happened to Common Decency?

As the tittle suggests, whats happened to common decency between owners?

I currently live and work in West Yorkshire, but I am from Middlesbrough. Due to working demanding shifts I do not get home to see the family very oftern. I am working all over Christmas but have had the last two days off so I thought I would go home and see the family.

Prior to going I noticed on here someone was looking for some alloys and as I have a spare set on my car I got in touch and offered them for sale.

The owner needed them urgently so i arranged to cut my family stay short come home early today, take the wheels off the car in the snow ready for the owner to collect.

You can probably guess what I am going to say, Yep they did not turn up. No PM, no phone call or not even a text.

On checking the thread it looks like the other owner has bought some different alloys and collected them today instead.

I do not have a problem with them buying someone else alloys. I am just a bit p*ssed off they have not let me know. Esp as i have cut short my visit and swopped the wheels over in the bloody snow and ice. I am not going to name names, I am not into that, they know who they are.

If you are reading this, come on mate. You could have let me know!!

Anyways rant over

I hope everyone is ready for Christmas and looking forward to the festive time.
Old 23 December 2010, 06:34 PM
DCI Gene Hunt
Scooby Senior

May something positive happen to you for being a decent person....... and to the other person that's obviously not very decent, well you get the picture...
Old 23 December 2010, 06:36 PM
astra_dave
Scooby Regular

i'd be pretty irritated if someone didn't let me know either, doesn't take 30 seconds to send a txt!
Old 23 December 2010, 06:36 PM
scoobywrxwagon
Scooby Regular

Sorry to here that fella family means everything at xmas so I know where your coming from, but unfortunately common decency has all but gone from todays society.

Hope the person contacts you and you get things sorted.

Rich
Old 23 December 2010, 06:50 PM
JonMc
Scooby Senior

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's a shame as I was brought up with manners and to respect the older generation.

This afternoon I was reversing out of a parking space, taking my time to ensure that nothing came past the VW Caravelle thing that I was going to hit. Whilst doing this an 50+ year old bloke who'd abandoned his car across a normal and a disabled slot jumped in his car and drove out behind me stopping so he could get past me put not moving far enough up to the car in front of him that I could continue coming out. He must have saved about 10 seconds on his journey for the sake of sheer ignorance - and at this time of year too, so much for Christmas spirit.

I wasn't even in the Scooby, I was in the wifes scenic with her bike strapped on the back
Old 23 December 2010, 06:55 PM
Dazza9t9
Scooby Regular

It is unreal what people do just to save seconds of their driving.

Thanks for all the positive comments guys!
Old 23 December 2010, 07:03 PM
leecalcars
Scooby Regular

Everywhere i drive and do alot through work 20k plus miles a year i always show respect on the road, letting people out at junctions (not just nice looking women i hasten to add) always say thankyou with a wave or a quick flash of the lights.

It really racks my goat to see ignorance and respect on the roads or in everyday life,some don't have the descency and should be kept in a pig pen and fed left over rotting fish as thats all they deserve.

Hope you get it sorted there arn't many of us left .
Old 23 December 2010, 07:20 PM
widdows
Scooby Regular

I used to be the nice guy who let people out at junctions and gave a wave or flash everytime someone did the same for me, but the whole respect thing has gone to pot on our overcrowded roads so the most people get out of me nowadays is the middle finger! that is the ones that annoy me!
Old 23 December 2010, 07:21 PM
gallois
Scooby Regular

you'd go mental round here, the drivers seem to have completely lost the plot, i can only describe it as aggresive idiocy, no-one giving way, everyone pushing through, and oddly, the worst seem to be delivery lorrys, from the complete t0sser who was constantly beeping at a car in a filter lane waiting to turn right who held him up for a good 10seconds, to the **** in a rigid who hit a parked car and lamp-post trying to accelerate behind slowing cars through a gap rather than give way to oncoming traffic. also a high amount of moronic young 4wd pickup drivers who suddenly think it is ok to bounce up onto pavements as there is snow on the ground to get past what they seem to percieve as no longer other road users, but obsticles , the local police have sacked all it's traffic wardens due to cutbacks, it's now gridlock everyday as everyone is parking anywhere apparently also due to the snow....ARGHHHHH!!

Anyway, there are always ignorant ar5eholes and always will be, you did the decent thing going out of your way, he couldn't give a ****, and bought other wheels. I hope the decent people will always exist. I believe in karma.
Old 23 December 2010, 07:42 PM
dnc
Scooby Regular

OP sorry to hear about this, really irritating. Respect to you for not 'naming and shaming'. Enjoy the rest of your break
Old 23 December 2010, 08:37 PM
rapid.STI
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Dazza9t9
As the tittle suggests, whats happened to common decency between owners?

I currently live and work in West Yorkshire, but I am from Middlesbrough. Due to working demanding shifts I do not get home to see the family very oftern. I am working all over Christmas but have had the last two days off so I thought I would go home and see the family.

Prior to going I noticed on here someone was looking for some alloys and as I have a spare set on my car I got in touch and offered them for sale.

The owner needed them urgently so i arranged to cut my family stay short come home early today, take the wheels off the car in the snow ready for the owner to collect.

You can probably guess what I am going to say, Yep they did not turn up. No PM, no phone call or not even a text.

On checking the thread it looks like the other owner has bought some different alloys and collected them today instead.

I do not have a problem with them buying someone else alloys. I am just a bit p*ssed off they have not let me know. Esp as i have cut short my visit and swopped the wheels over in the bloody snow and ice. I am not going to name names, I am not into that, they know who they are.

If you are reading this, come on mate. You could have let me know!!

Anyways rant over

I hope everyone is ready for Christmas and looking forward to the festive time.
^^^Thats common decency. compared to some of the post on here

merry christmas mate. shame your working. but have a good en anyway
Old 23 December 2010, 11:09 PM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

Karma will sort it out

Not wishing bad on folk, but one day their ignorance will eventually come round and bite them on the ****.
Old 24 December 2010, 04:10 PM
BLU
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ALi-B
Karma will sort it out

Not wishing bad on folk, but one day their ignorance will eventually come round and bite them on the ****.
x2

OP sorry to hear about that, nice to see a member showing some restraint and not naming and shaming

Have a good Xmas
Old 24 December 2010, 04:12 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by ALi-B
Karma will sort it out

spot on!

I hope
Old 24 December 2010, 04:27 PM
NEILB1
Scooby Regular

that would really really **** me of as well fella, send them a msg and tell them how you feel and just leave it at that
Old 24 December 2010, 05:01 PM
Dazza9t9
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by NEILB1
that would really really **** me of as well fella, send them a msg and tell them how you feel and just leave it at that
I have had my rant, and I am sure they have read this so that will do.

Again thanks for all the messages folks.

And I hope everyone has a really good Christmas
Old 24 December 2010, 05:09 PM
Frosticles
Scooby Regular

Been there, Had that done to me. Sorry to hear this. manners cost nothing and get you a long way. A simple phone call would have been the decent thing to do.
Old 24 December 2010, 09:52 PM
-Nic-
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Frosticles
Been there, Had that done to me. Sorry to hear this. manners cost nothing and get you a long way. A simple phone call would have been the decent thing to do.

+1
Old 24 December 2010, 10:09 PM
bigarf
Scooby Regular

i have had it done to me many times now.some people just dont give a toss how much they mess you around.hope they get messed around one day themselves.