Sponsored by:

RMA experience

Search this Thread

Old 16 December 2010, 01:37 PM
fpan
Scooby Regular

Received 174 Likes on 128 Posts
Default RMA experience

Following a trackday that I booked with them earlier this year and the crap tuition of my instructor (all he did was to say "left, right, left right" - literally! My wife could have done a better job!) they agreed to charge me £200 for the second day (Sunday) instead of £300 as a goodwill gesture discount after I complained.

They already had my CC details so I trusted that they would withdraw the correct/agreed amount but no, now that I am looking at the CC statement they charged me £256 for the second day

When I contacted them by e-mail to explain there has been an error they told me that they have already given me the goodwill discount

Lesson learnt: next time don't believe in promises made and make sure you have your CC debited there and then!

Last edited by fpan; 01 January 2011 at 02:21 PM.
Old 16 December 2010, 02:49 PM
stockcar
Scooby Regular

Received 379 Likes on 301 Posts

no idea of this issue or company but if you have been incorrectly charged and getting no joy with the company involved then simply inform your c/card people and discuss options with them for a charge-back

alyn
Old 16 December 2010, 03:47 PM
fpan
Scooby Regular

It is actually a Visa debit card, could I do anything? No harm trying I guess.
Old 16 December 2010, 04:00 PM
peter a
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

To be fair i have been on many RMA trackdays in fact I was at the Nordschleife for the two days mentioned, and I have always found them to be top class trackdays with good drivers and well organised, they are not cheap however how often in life is the cheapest the best?

In fact the only complaint i would have is that sometimes there are a few too many race cars testing which can be a bit of a nuisance if you are in a road car as they blast past you at all angles, other than that a 1st class outfit.
Old 16 December 2010, 05:05 PM
fpan
Scooby Regular

Peter, what I was really annoyed with is that the english instructor that was supposed to be be my instructor could not come so they booked me with a german instructor.

As I said all he did was to say "left right", FFS, what a waste of 120€ unreceipted, he did not even tell me any tips or brake/aceleration points, a couple of mates who have done 50-60 laps were more helpful!

If someone is not a fluent speaker they should not put him to be an instructor in English, the guy may have been ok to teach in german.

After I complained Lizzy agreed to charge £200 for Sunday (instead of the normal £300) but now that I checked my CC I see it has been charged £256.

It is her arrogant attitude that has pissed me off mostly! If you promise something do it otherwise say there is nothing we can do sorry.

On the day she has been trying to find excuses about the instructor too saying it was the conditions yada yada.

I have used an instructor in the past so I know what to expect, it wasn't the first time.
The difference between the 2 was night and day but that could be due to the language.
Whatever the reason was (lack of skill or lack of English) it makes no difference to me, the end result was the same: 120€ down the drain.

I am not questioning their organisation but the attitude to the above problem. The main organiser was RSR anyway.

Last edited by fpan; 21 December 2010 at 02:47 PM.
Old 21 December 2010, 02:42 PM
fpan
Scooby Regular

I was actually mistaken about the charges, here is why:

the cost of each day sold individually was £350 for a car/driver combination and £25 for a passenger, but I did not book the weekend package together but each day individually therefore the cost should have been £700, plus 2 x £25 = £750 and I was allowed a concessionary discount of £100 on the second day and not charged for my passenger.

I paid a total of £625 (plus credit card charges) as opposed to the correct price of £750. I therefore received a discount of £125.

I should have taken the issue directly with the instructor himself as RMA has nothing to do with him and he was provided by RSR.

Moderators feel free to remove this thread and apologies for the misinterpretation of what's happened.