Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Scum :-( and *serious* personal defence kit

Search this Thread

Old 15 March 2001, 12:50 AM
DavidLewis
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think the Stun Guns are an excellent idea and should be made legal in this country.

With all the muggings that occur, a gang would think twice about mugging someone waving a stun gun. O.k. they outnumber the individual, but who's going to be brave enough to be the first to get zapped!!!!

A great deterent(?sp)
Old 15 March 2001, 02:53 AM
mattski
Scooby Regular

I've had enough.

Earlier a van drove past my car, they stopped, made a point of having a *good* look at the car (like 3 or 4 minutes) and then drove off. I was about to go out and see what they where upto but they went.

I am gonna get some serious security/personal defence kit, these b*stards have no rights and I don't care if I get a slap on the wrist for giving them a few digs.

Here are some ideas for my shopping list:

Check this site out... anyone know the legality of pepper spray, tazers etc? arrrggh, they are w@nkers, I *hate* them
Old 15 March 2001, 06:35 AM
WALKER
Scooby Regular

Matt,

Sounds like ya a bit pissed off mate, and i don`t blame ya! Its very worrying when you get dodgy looking scumbags having a good look at your pride and joy, it really makes me sick.

I presume you don`t have a garage. If that is the case, have you tried asking a neighbour if they have a garage you can rent off them?

Alternativley, hook the car up to 240v and watch the b&st&rds fry, get a Rottweiler and make it sleep in your car, sleep in the car yourself.

Pepper spray sounds quite effective and i would give bme great pleasure in spraying one of those scumbags in the eyes.

Hope you get something sorted

Paul
Old 15 March 2001, 08:08 AM
AWD
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

You'll probably get done for assault if you use many of the active (rather than passive e.g. camera, bugs) deterrants that you mentioned.

It's not worth getting banged up IMO.
Old 15 March 2001, 09:02 AM
TFyus
Scooby Regular

A rifle and a silencer.

In serious terms tho, a garage, an alarm, SERIOUS big concrete posts in the ground infront of the garage, electrified garage door, three rotweilers in the garage, camera security,

other than that... why dont u lot, debadge your cars, de-wing them, change to a front intercooler and put a std bonnet on them. Never wash it either..

I hate car theifs, my last car was stolen so excuse me for seeming over the top.

rw
Old 15 March 2001, 09:06 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Hi there
Pepper spray & CS gas are illegal in the UK, i beleive it is an assult (with an offensive weapon?) charge - I brought three whilst in the states a few years ago (you can purchase CS gas in Euorpe over the counter), not that i would consider using one of course

BTW - I am not a mindless thug, just takin' care of what is mine!

I witnessed a Pepper spray 'test' some years back and it stopped a 17 stone bruiser of as bloke in his tracks - he was completely helpless. US Police use it as it is more effective than CS against ascumbags on drugs.
Paul
Old 15 March 2001, 09:18 AM
RonaldoH
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Matt, drop Dr Evil a line, he has the protective glass as do I.

Its cheap to have done through Alex too.

Ronnie

Trending Topics

Old 15 March 2001, 09:28 AM
mattski
Scooby Regular

thanks for the comments chaps, sorry about my rant I was a little miffed... I still think if the scum got pepper sprayed, kidnapped and had a few words with Mr Detroit Baseball bat in the middle of nowhere that nothing more would come of it, how could they prove it?
Old 15 March 2001, 09:47 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Mattski

Personally i would have no problem doing this and i am quite prepared to do so.

You have to bear in mind that.
A - they know where you live - although IMHO, keeping their driving licences or form of ID once you 'have' them would not hurt.

B - You get caught by the Police you are in the wrong and will pay the price. I have no problem with that myself. I have a few friends in the media who would just love this sort of stuff which would make me feel better about it. I do not have any convictions for anything and i know a damn good brief.

C - you may come off worse from the confrontation - still no problem with that. I am no hard man but i do believe in taking a stand (subject to there not being many scumbags to deal with, discression being the better part of valour and all that)

I am in no way trying to encourage others this is a personal perspective.

Paul

[This message has been edited by Paul Habgood (edited 15 March 2001).]
Old 15 March 2001, 11:18 AM
DavidRB
Scooby Regular

Wink

Just remember, if you do shoot them, you have to hit them all, dispose of the bodies and dump the car/van that they drove up in.

Unfortunately, the law does not look favourably on vigilantes. You need to be very careful when attacking criminals because the legal system will bend over backwards to defend their "human rights" over your property rights.

You are expected to restrain criminals, not incapacitate them. The police suffer this too, "resisting arrest" is no longer a crime, if a policeman catches you, he's fair game, if you can kick & punch your way out, then you won't get prosecuted for it.

If you could find a way of carrying "a large jar of pepper" as opposed to pepper spray, then you might get away with it. Equally, the big Maglight torches are unlikely to be considered weapons, whereas a baseball bat probably will, especially if you don't have a ball & glove to go with it.

Personally, I would put more effort into securing your house. You want to keep them out, not waste time arming yourself.
Old 15 March 2001, 01:06 PM
Bajie
Scooby Regular

How about jotting down their reg number and vehicle description and passing them on to your friendly neighbourhood community protection person.
Then, after they have been deterred by your Rottweillers, Anti-Scum Missiles, Baseball Bats up the Jacksies and perhaps a few used pampers [newborn ones filled with miconium [sp]] they can be apprehended before they move on to another target.

Lions and Tigers and Bears, oh my
Old 15 March 2001, 01:36 PM
JoeyDeacon
Scooby Regular

Cool

DavidLewis,

But then what is there to stop the Muggers just buying one to make their job a whole load easier??
Old 15 March 2001, 02:46 PM
harj
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Matt I know what its like as ive been followed back from Coventry once and that was interesting as I really found out what a scooby is like on the twisty stuff.

Ive also nearly been Jacked in Coventry when I was driving my Lexus as they asked me to give them the car when stopped at light on Foleshill Road but as soon as I told them "Please Try" they ran off

Email me off line and I will tell you my secret of stopping these tossers!

Old 15 March 2001, 02:56 PM
MarkCSC
Scooby Regular

If your car is parked on the drive why not get a couple of security posts. You embed them in concrete with the metal post sticking up. The posts fold down when unlocked with a key.

Anybody tried them?

Mark
Old 15 March 2001, 06:48 PM
TopCat
Scooby Regular

You guys are taking this to the moon, how about some positive imagination, before I bought my car if I saw a special one the street I will look not touch. I bet I look like a scum bag also to the owner if he saw me.

Mattski, just imagine the driver of that van has his own business and is thinking of buying a car as yours one day and the next thing you may even speak to him on the BBS. It's not going to be good for you or him (should he be a decent bloke) if you break his legs. You are not going to know what he is upto until he breaks zone 1 i.e. steps onto you forecourt/drive/garage. You have to give them the benefit of the doubt.

I know because after having my car done twice in one month before I moved to a place with a drive etc I broke someone's nose for looking close, lucky for me he did not press charges even when a member of the public called the police. This guy looked rougher than rough, but was normal he admires the cars and wants to buy one, one day.

We all have wishful dreams for vanity.

Guys don't support frustration as you have done above I don't know Mattski but I don't want to see him locked up and I'm not saying he is that stupid to follow through but hey like I said I don't know him.

Mattski, if you have all the bells and whistles on it already than you can only keep an eye on it. I have the same fear as you and if someone want's to take/damage it they will and you know it mate.

Hey at least it's untouched right!

regards to all

TC (MOE)
Old 15 March 2001, 07:10 PM
Boost II
Scooby Regular

Talking

I must also confess to having my nose up to the window of a nice car or two. If people leave them in public areas they must expect some attention. I would be a bit miffed if someone sprayed chilli sauce in my face and broke my legs because I was admiring their car. I really would do his car then. I'm as paranoid as anyone about people sniffing around the car - just last night I was at an all night garage. Came out to find a massive gang of 14 year olds around it. My heart was racing and I was sure they would have keyed it or were planning to break in but when I went over they mobbed me jumping up and down - nice car mate! how much was it? they dreamt of getting one? did I have a dump valve? etc etc.

If anyone broke into my house or I caught them attacking the car I would certainly attempt to cause them some serious pain but I think looking is OK. A car is like a bird - its nice to see someone admiring/drooling over it but cross the line to touching and expect to get kicked in!
Old 15 March 2001, 07:16 PM
lcha
Scooby Regular

Pity no one can find out where he lives from his reg. That way we could all take turns in turning up at his joint and casing it.

Old 16 March 2001, 01:51 PM
TopCat
Scooby Regular

le <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by Boost II:
<B>I must also confess to having my nose up to the window of a nice car or two. If people leave them in public areas they must expect some attention. I would be a bit miffed if someone sprayed chilli sauce in my face and broke my legs because I was admiring their car. I really would do his car then. I'm as paranoid as anyone about people sniffing around the car - just last night I was at an all night garage. Came out to find a massive gang of 14 year olds around it. My heart was racing and I was sure they would have keyed it or were planning to break in but when I went over they mobbed me jumping up and down - nice car mate! how much was it? they dreamt of getting one? did I have a dump valve? etc etc.

If anyone broke into my house or I caught them attacking the car I would certainly attempt to cause them some serious pain but I think looking is OK. A car is like a bird - its nice to see someone admiring/drooling over it but cross the line to touching and expect to get kicked in! [/quote]

Now that's what I'm talking about! I am glad other understand

TC
Old 18 March 2001, 05:36 PM
golders
Scooby Regular

They are evil.

My father runs a BMW & Mercedes garage and it has been attacked twice in the last couple of months. One guy jumped over the fence and drilled holes in nine of the BMW's roofs! Buggering up the inner lining too. Then a month ago four guys decided to steal one BMW and smash it into the service area (Through roll down doors) to get to the M3's in there!!! In the end they nicked one M3 and wrote off two other cars by smashing doors and the concrete posts at the entrance!. This all happened in East Peckham in Kent which is not a major crime stop. Shoot the scumbags I say! Best thing for them.

Cheers,

Golders