Sponsored by:

Not Again please

Search this Thread

Old 30 November 2010, 08:08 PM
powerwrx
Scooby Regular

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Not Again please

went out this morning to go to work and noticed foot print in the snow next to my car so when i got home tonight i checked out my cctv tape from last night and low and behold someone walks down my neighbours path all hooded up.. over my fence, stands near my front door (house) for around 15 seconds (off camera) then goes to the front of my car and checks out my security post.. back upto my front door again for around 30 seconds... over the fence and runs off in the direction he came from.

i think im being sized up for another kicking the door in atempt, which has put me on edge again. sleepless nights a head i think

i dont think it was random either because he didnt touch my car at all, just looked at everything.
Old 30 November 2010, 08:09 PM
stann01
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

not good at all
Old 30 November 2010, 08:11 PM
Stevesbluewrx
Scooby Regular

Sorry to read this mate. What *******s.

Hope nothing happends mate i really do.

Steve
Old 30 November 2010, 08:12 PM
g7prs
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Stick a big sign on the door saying " we are watching you on camera "
Old 30 November 2010, 08:17 PM
f4la k
Scooby Regular

Just be ready. he thinks hes going to take you by surprise,but you knbow hes coming, just kip with trackie bottoms on and a bat at the side of the bed, leave a duff set of keys inside the door where he might be able to see them and then just play the waiting game and be ready to smash his skull in. The peoples justice....

Where ye based by the way...
Old 30 November 2010, 08:18 PM
Oh-Flock
Master Flocker

sorry to hear that
Old 30 November 2010, 08:20 PM
Camoscooby
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by f4la k
Just be ready. he thinks hes going to take you by surprise,but you knbow hes coming, just kip with trackie bottoms on and a bat at the side of the bed, leave a duff set of keys inside the door where he might be able to see them and then just play the waiting game and be ready to smash his skull in. The peoples justice....

Where ye based by the way...
+1

I have a baseball bat within 3ft of my bed should I need to rush downstairs in the middle of the night

Trending Topics

Old 30 November 2010, 08:20 PM
scoobyman2007
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

put a big lighting ther mate will stop him
Old 30 November 2010, 08:23 PM
L.J.F
Instructing with fear

Maybe it's time to get rid of the car mate, it's just not worth the hassle and worry at the end of the day.
Old 30 November 2010, 08:31 PM
yoohoo
Scooby Regular

just immobilize the engine ' i do this sometimes, removing a wire or relay from the engine bay fuse box. Even if they take your keys the car won't start
Old 30 November 2010, 08:33 PM
The Rig
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

**** bud !

i wouldnt be able to sleep,but the annoying thing is,you`ll be pumped up for a couple of days then start to relax,maybe doz off friday/saturday nite and it will happen (not saying it will of course,but sods law etc)

what to do, hmm,what about motion sound alarms,armed at nite,he does it again,big old siren goes off.

fingers crossed nothign happens,but dont kid yourself it was just a random event,thats not normal
Old 30 November 2010, 08:46 PM
mervil
Scooby Regular

That's **** dude! I'd be inclined to get the mrs away for a few nights and get your mates round for a game of midnight baseball! Bunch of scum they are!! Makes you not want to own these cars
Old 30 November 2010, 08:47 PM
P1#1015
Scooby Regular

Borrow a dog? It'll hear anything long before you would...
Old 30 November 2010, 08:54 PM
Gavscooby1
Scooby Regular

Just get a meat cleaver ready and do one finger at a time, then take him for a ride. Put him in the boot and dump him in a river.
Old 30 November 2010, 09:05 PM
powerwrx
Scooby Regular

thanks for your concerns people, as for your suggestions...

i have a 150watt light on the front (which came on)
replacing the missus and daughter with a few mates is a good suggestion but like the rig said..it'll happen when im not ready. baseball bat sounds good but this day and age a piece of wood wont do much against a gun, sounds far fetched i know but..

i think its defo time to sell up..ive had my fun and now its time to protect the family and if that means it has to go then it has to go.
Old 30 November 2010, 09:06 PM
Flaps
Scooby Regular

Sorry but seeing it from a similar position as yourself family wise and knowing that you have been through this before I think perhaps it is time to get rid, either that or find a garage somewhere for it.
I'd not want anyone breaking into my house where my wife and daughter are to get the keys for my car. I'd leave the keys on the kitchen table so if they did they would hopefully be straight back out. At the end of a day, it's a car, it's insured, it can be replaced at a later date. It's not worth risking your family for. Lets face it, if they were willing to break in and come upstairs then I doubt they would leave quietly if you didn't hand over the keys.
It's easy to spout bull **** about having your mates around every night just waiting ignore that, family comes first.
Old 30 November 2010, 09:17 PM
powerwrx
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Flaps
Sorry but seeing it from a similar position as yourself family wise and knowing that you have been through this before I think perhaps it is time to get rid, either that or find a garage somewhere for it.
I'd not want anyone breaking into my house where my wife and daughter are to get the keys for my car. I'd leave the keys on the kitchen table so if they did they would hopefully be straight back out. At the end of a day, it's a car, it's insured, it can be replaced at a later date. It's not worth risking your family for. Lets face it, if they were willing to break in and come upstairs then I doubt they would leave quietly if you didn't hand over the keys.
It's easy to spout bull **** about having your mates around every night just waiting ignore that, family comes first.
correct
Old 30 November 2010, 09:18 PM
Jamz_
Scooby Regular

Wheel clamp

Or axle stands... dont think it'll get far with no wheels on
Old 30 November 2010, 09:23 PM
DeeH
Scooby Regular

Might be worth ringing the local police, telling them and asking them to bear you in mind if they are in the area. Might help put the scumbags off if they see cops in the area and even if it doen't work all it will cost you is a phone call.
Old 30 November 2010, 09:27 PM
1978transam
Scooby Regular

indeed, i dont condone violence, but i found 3 pikey scum in the back of one of my old cars helping themselfs to most of my stereo system (back when i was younger and ins was high so watts made up for bhp!)
my security system came out to play.... a tippman98 .68cal paintball gun with 3000psi tank and the velocity restrictor screw removed...
now let me tell you....at 20 foot, that thing more than hurts!!! never had any problems since (gun has now been sold tho)

anyway. hope the scum thinks better of it mate and goes to the pub instead.
Old 30 November 2010, 09:29 PM
Hadez
Scooby Regular

Gravel driveways always work if you can....

If not then I would recommend some decent infra red warning system, to alert you, them and everyone else you know they are there. Preferably audible and visual, alarms can even text you know when someone gets to close to your machine. Display hidden tracker stickers. Use a decent steering wheel lock.

All the above between them should help prevent too much personal aggrivation.

Anyway hope you don't succumb to your fears and that you and your family can remain safe and happy.
Old 30 November 2010, 09:29 PM
brendy76
Scooby Regular

That is amazing, it took 19 posts before anyone mentioned the police. As Dee said, call them, say you have footage and roughly what time it was taken at, if they could call past around that time for the next few nights just in case.
Old 30 November 2010, 09:31 PM
Dazza9t9
Scooby Regular

I hate hearing things like that! Pure SCUM they are.
Old 30 November 2010, 09:34 PM
phil739
Scooby Regular

sorry to hear that mate

were the bloody hell do ya live ?
Old 30 November 2010, 09:34 PM
L.J.F
Instructing with fear

Originally Posted by Flaps
Sound advice.
Old 30 November 2010, 09:39 PM
Razorwrx1
Scooby Regular

Sorry to hear it happening again Rob! Like that guy said, Family comes 1st. I know you Love the car and I think most people on here do, it's just not worth it. Least you've had one and got Happy memories of owning it. Happen to my mate with his M3, they broke in and even gave his Dog some meat. Good thing was he heard em, went down with a Bat and chased em off. Rang the Police, and his was the 4th one that night.
Old 30 November 2010, 09:41 PM
wrx287
Scooby Regular

At the end of the day even if you call the Police the chances are they wont do anything anyway. They will just ask if he has done any damage.
As sad as it is it looks like the car has to go.
Old 30 November 2010, 09:44 PM
Mr Wagon
Scooby Regular

Dig a hole in front of your front door, about a foot deep or so and put a mantrap in the bottom of it. Then put a piece of thin cardboard onto of the hole and cover up with virgin snow.

Simples me thinks !!!
Old 30 November 2010, 09:45 PM
newby
Scooby Regular

i know a guy who can fit a six inch spike under the drivers seat with an explosive charge which can be detonated by a mobile phone,they might get the car but will never walk again.
Old 30 November 2010, 09:46 PM
Terminator X
Owner of SNet

^^ WTF

TX.

PS

Just upgrade the front door ... hard / impossible to kick in those new security doors.

Last edited by Terminator X; 30 November 2010 at 09:50 PM.