Sponsored by:

Never again Talk Talk

Search this Thread

Old 23 November 2010, 05:37 PM
scooblee
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Never again Talk Talk

As we had seperate prividers for our phone and broadband we decided to combine the two and one deal that looked good on paper were talk talk.
Signed up for the phone and broadband package, they said broadband would be connected in two weeks, fair enough, was up and running as promised for oh 3 hours before it went down, rang them up and the answer was that id only signed up for the phone, so how come id been using broadband then, they then said it would be another two weeks for it to be connected and it was, i used it for 3 days and it went down again, rang again, the answer was, id only signed up for the phone, hold on, id been using it for 3 days, appologys and another two week wait, it came online for a week or so and went down, rang again, guess what the answer was, cancelled it there and then as i was well pissed off by this time to which they said there would be an admin charge and i would have to settle the two month bill, for what, id not recieved anything, im affraid they will have to take it all the way and even then they will never recieve a penny from me.
Im now with orange who are excellent.

Anyone else had trouble with these idiots?
Old 23 November 2010, 05:56 PM
Blue by You
Scooby Regular

I've just got off the phone from getting my MAC code from Talk Talk.
Not really had any trouble with them, but not had any exemplary service either come to that.
They tried to tie me in to an 18 month contract about 6 weeks ago and said they would give me a whole £21 if I agreed to forgo my right to change ISP without incurring a financial penalty. I told them to poke it.
And now they've put the price up 25% so I'm going elsewhere.
Old 23 November 2010, 06:07 PM
wrx287
Scooby Regular

My Mum had massive amounts of trouble when she had her buisness phone and internet with them. And any problems they didnt want to know. They have been taken over since though so obviously nothing has changed.
Old 23 November 2010, 06:25 PM
scooblee
Scooby Regular

What with them and lloyds tsb ive been having a right time
Old 23 November 2010, 07:12 PM
Wagon_Pete
Scooby Regular

I'm with Onetel Talk talk, Slightly different situation as I'm not actually with talk talk but they are the parent company. I have had my phone and broadband with them for over 6 years without a single hic-up. I pay £6.99 pcm which gives me free evening and weekend calls and broadband with unlimited downloads. that said it is only 2.5mb but it does me fine as I dont do any serious downloading or gaming.
I will admit though that when I have had to call customer services or tech support they have been a little bit less eager to help, though I always seem to get someone in the UK so I can at least understand them.
Old 24 November 2010, 08:22 AM
monkfish2
Scooby Regular

I'm with talk talk and they seem ok at the moment, even though the £22 pcm quoted for unlimited phone calls and internet comes out at just over £30. I told my dad about the deal and like me he joined up, unfortunately they didn't tell him that he would lose his phone number and given a 208*** number which is a pain in the ****, something to do with he wasn't/was with bt originally.
Old 24 November 2010, 09:33 AM
scooblee
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Wagon_Pete
I'm with Onetel Talk talk, Slightly different situation as I'm not actually with talk talk but they are the parent company. I have had my phone and broadband with them for over 6 years without a single hic-up. I pay £6.99 pcm which gives me free evening and weekend calls and broadband with unlimited downloads. that said it is only 2.5mb but it does me fine as I dont do any serious downloading or gaming.
I will admit though that when I have had to call customer services or tech support they have been a little bit less eager to help, though I always seem to get someone in the UK so I can at least understand them.
I have friends that are with them and they have had no issues either, still cant believe how they treated me though, i use xbox live so glad it didnt work out anyway, have 6 meg on orange after testing the signal.
Old 24 November 2010, 03:18 PM
gpssti4
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They are a bunch of ***** - messed me around for months before I finally told them to poke it.