ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Lloyds tsb

Search this Thread

Old 20 November 2010, 10:17 AM
scooblee
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Lloyds tsb

, I hate dealing with this bank, as I used to work away my then wife used to look after our accounts, I never used to keep track of them as I trusted her and we were both on a good wage with no kids etc.
One day I came across something and checked up only to find she had run up over £100.000 worth of debt in 4 years, I still don't know to this day where the money went and am still paying it back 5 years on.
Lloyds were honering multiple £100 checks every day even though there was no money in the account and insufficient overdraft, they were joint accounts and it's me that's been paying it back.
Cleared one account in October after making a phone call to them, the account balance is zero and so is the overdraft yet they have still charged me for being overdrawn this month and have sent me snotty letters asking for the money.
Their branches do not feel welcoming, can't understand a word the call centre staff say, keep you on hold for ages on an 0845, I just hate dealing with them, the sooner my accounts are closed the better.
Barclays have been great, can't fault them in anyway.
I know everbodys experiences with banks are different but does anyone else have any problems with lloyds or is it just me?
Old 20 November 2010, 10:32 AM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Lloyds have been utter SCUM to my eldest while he has been unemployed, they are his bank, yet, of all his creditors, are the ones who were the meanest, the most intransigent, the hardest to negotiate with.

And THIS from a bunch of ***** that GLADLY took £Billions of our money to bail out THEIR mistakes

I hate them with a deadly loathing.

"Come in and talk to our manager".....yeah, right, like you'd get anywhere NEAR the manager.

And just look at their adverts: averyone on them has a Pinnochio nose, 'cos the bank is a LIAR!!!!!!
Old 20 November 2010, 10:35 AM
scooblee
Scooby Regular

For the journey, what an effing journey it's been.
I know what you mean about the manager situation too.
Old 20 November 2010, 10:38 AM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Angry

Originally Posted by scooblee
For the journey, what an effing journey it's been.
I know what you mean about the manager situation too.
Went in with him to discuss his problems, they wanted him to RING the foreign centre from a crowded banking hall. B@st@rds!!!!!!
Old 20 November 2010, 12:46 PM
jh1
Scooby Regular

so it,s not your wifes fault then? you seem to blame the bank for your wifes spending. i use lloyds tsb and never have any problems and check balance weekly on internet, really easy to set up and use.
Old 20 November 2010, 02:42 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jh1
so it,s not your wifes fault then? you seem to blame the bank for your wifes spending. i use lloyds tsb and never have any problems and check balance weekly on internet, really easy to set up and use.
Good for you

Hope you never encounter any financial problems, 'cos watch out for Lloyds if you do
Old 20 November 2010, 04:20 PM
graeme jones
Scooby Regular

I use Lloyds and will be changing to another bank post Christmas we had some tough times recently and they wouldn't extend the overdraft by £100.
£100,000 in 4 years what was she buying that you didn't notice?
Old 20 November 2010, 04:40 PM
stuart2088
Scooby Regular

They would honour multiple £100 cheques if they were supported by a guarantee card which i assume they were.
Surely the bank should be chasing her as well as you for the debts.
Old 20 November 2010, 06:17 PM
scooblee
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jh1
of course its the banks fault, we are talking £400-£500 a day, why would any bank let that happen with no funds available.
I had no internet, i was away 6months at a time with the forces, what little time i had off the bank account was the last thing on my mind.
what she spent it on ive no idea, i never found out.

Like its stated above, dont expect any help if you do experience financial difficulty, you may as well just walk into the bank and bend over.
Old 20 November 2010, 06:22 PM
scooblee
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by stuart2088
They would honour multiple £100 cheques if they were supported by a guarantee card which i assume they were.
Surely the bank should be chasing her as well as you for the debts.
yes you would think so, as i was the main earner im the target, i dont know if she is even still working but i didnt want to go down the bankrupt route and have been paying it all back.
i have another mortgage now and want to keep my credit rating
Old 20 November 2010, 06:29 PM
Carkillerz
Scooby Regular

I used to bank with them and went in to withdraw 10k in cash. I asked if they could count it etc in a seperate room as i didnt want the group off lads behind me seeing me walking out with 10k in cash.

The lass behind the counter laughed and said NO we have customers take more than this out with no problem I fealt a little belittled by this and shut my account followed my 4 people i know shutting there accounts with disgust in it.

Lass still works there
Old 20 November 2010, 07:40 PM
stevie1982
Scooby Regular

Shocked I have never had an issue in 8 years of using them, same branch and know most ofthe staff and can't fault them,
Old 20 November 2010, 07:53 PM
nick172sport
Scooby Regular

yes you would think so, as i was the main earner im the target, i dont know if she is even still working but i didnt want to go down the bankrupt route and have been paying it all back.
i have another mortgage now and want to keep my credit rating
think i would have gone down the bankrupt line can only last a year afterwards or up to ten if your into millions wudnt skin myself for no bank lad at work is goin through this process at moment for 40k
Old 20 November 2010, 08:22 PM
-shane-
Scooby Regular

I had a Lloyds Credit card and there were a nightmare, Soon shut that down
Old 21 November 2010, 07:20 AM
gpssti4
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I booked an appointment with my Lloyds TSB bank manager who then failed to show up. I walked down the road and moved my account to Halifax who have been great so far.
Old 21 November 2010, 07:39 AM
gazzawrx
Scooby Regular

of course its the banks fault, we are talking £400-£500 a day, why would any bank let that happen with no funds available.
I had no internet, i was away 6months at a time with the forces, what little time i had off the bank account was the last thing on my mind.
what she spent it on ive no idea, i never found out.

Like its stated above, dont expect any help if you do experience financial difficulty, you may as well just walk into the bank and bend over.

i reckon your ex was planning on splitting up with you and done this to make sure she would be ok cash wise when she left. if i was you i'd be knocking her door and smashing her teeth down her throat.

i had a Loyds tsb account too and ended up cancelling this one and moving to Barclays. Lloyds TSB are a bunch of w4nkers

Last edited by gazzawrx; 21 November 2010 at 07:41 AM.
Old 21 November 2010, 08:04 AM
Trout
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by alcazar
Went in with him to discuss his problems, they wanted him to RING the foreign centre from a crowded banking hall. B@st@rds!!!!!!
I am not sure where that 'foreign centre' would be as Lloyds Bank do not have any offshore voice processing.

Originally Posted by gpssti4
I booked an appointment with my Lloyds TSB bank manager who then failed to show up. I walked down the road and moved my account to Halifax who have been great so far.
You do realise that the Halifax is 100% owned by Lloyds?

Lloyds Banking Group do have the very worst customer service experience of any bank. They are the biggest group, but even allowing for that they still have the worst customer service record.

Never mind, they have a new CEO, who comes from the bank with second worst UK customer service record - setting their sights high!
Old 21 November 2010, 08:44 AM
white.akita
Scooby Regular

after being with lloyds i moved to "think banking", they guarantee you will never get another bank charge.
they dont do overdraughts or loans, so i dont owe anyone a penny, just the way i like it.
Old 21 November 2010, 10:06 AM
gpssti4
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Trout
You do realise that the Halifax is 100% owned by Lloyds?
Yes, part of the HSOS group owned by Lloyds

But.............. it's about the service I recieve and my local Halifax branch are far better than my local Lloyds branch. Fact.

I could tell a story of Lloyds in Plymouth who wrote to my boss (in the RN at the time) about my attitute after I had an argument with them when they tried to force payment protection for a loan on me.
Old 21 November 2010, 11:20 AM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by alcazar View Post
I am not sure where that 'foreign centre' would be as Lloyds Bank do not have any offshore voice processing.
And I can assure you that they do: their collections centre is in India, for a start, as told to us by the girl in the banking hall and the centre itself.
Old 21 November 2010, 05:12 PM
scooblee
Scooby Regular

And I can assure you that they do: their collections centre is in India, for a start, as told to us by the girl in the banking hall and the centre itself.
I'm dealing with collections now and it's defo in India, I really feel spoken down to when I call them and they have no people skills whatsoever, can't understand a word they are saying half the time and just put the phone down.
Old 21 November 2010, 05:21 PM
scooblee
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by gazzawrx
i reckon your ex was planning on splitting up with you and done this to make sure she would be ok cash wise when she left. if i was you i'd be knocking her door and smashing her teeth down her throat.

i had a Loyds tsb account too and ended up cancelling this one and moving to Barclays. Lloyds TSB are a bunch of w4nkers
It's quite funny really as she took out an 80k loan and got someone else to pretent they were me over the phone, forged my sig too.
Am still dealing with the company now to remove my name as I'm the main earner so again they are after me, I've never paid a penny and never will but she is paying it back and doesn't have much of a life as she has no money, it's all a bit of a mess.
Old 21 November 2010, 05:29 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

I'm dealing with collections now and it's defo in India, I really feel spoken down to when I call them and they have no people skills whatsoever, can't understand a word they are saying half the time and just put the phone down.

Absolutely. They just read from a script and TOTALLY ignore what you say.
EG: "I got made redundant so I need to go on to emergency payments please."

"OK, so how much will you be paying today? You owe us £83."

"Sorry, haven't you understood, I have £46 pw week to LIVE on and other payments to make. I can't afford that £83 in one go."

"OK so will you be paying the £83 today? How will you be paying?"

And so it goes on...............
Old 21 November 2010, 08:25 PM
MOTORS S GT
Scooby Regular

Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

I had the misfortune to have my Lloyds debit card cloned, to cut a long story short, i contacted my Lloyds account manager to say there's something not right with the account, as i was getting the card declined a few times, but luckily i had cash on me, she told me nothing wrong carry on it was just a gliche in the system.
Another week later, card would not be accepted, so checked my account balance £6500 had gone out, contacted Lloyds to stop the card, this was a Sat morning, before they opened on Sat mornings, i was told can't stop debit cards until Monday, only credit cards.
So Monday morning i am waiting outside for them to open, when the checks were made, between Sat & Mon another £5000 had gone, inc my £3000 overdraft limit, a full 16 pages of A2 in transactions from Plymouth to Northen Spain.
I had the manager give me a written receipt for my debit card which was taken from me, it took me 3 months to get the money back, Lloyds would not accept that there incompetance lost even more money than neccesary, even when there manager looked at the account at the start of the scam, & said all was ok.
I made a formal complaint & was interviewed by a senior manager, who had a complete could'nt care less attitude.
Best of all was when i closed the account, i filled in the paperwork, they gave me a bankers draft for the amount, & even then did not check who i was, i could of picked any of it up from the floor that was lost by anybody.
Old 21 November 2010, 11:01 PM
Trout
Scooby Regular

Fair dos if that is your experience but I am confused as their collections centre is in Brighton which when I last checked is not offshore.

Their three offshore providers in India do carry out activities relating to finance but policy is that they do not do customer facing voice work from India. I have a vested interest as one of my clients is very interested in doing this for them in India and currently the payments outsourcing service lies with a US firm with large UK presence.
Old 22 November 2010, 01:29 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Strange.
Old 22 November 2010, 02:34 PM
scoobcabbie
Scooby Regular

banks are all great as long as you stay in credit and don't go over your limit ,once over then the fun will start with phonecalls all times of the day wanting there money back this goes for all high street banks
Old 22 November 2010, 03:03 PM
SPG
Scooby Regular

I agree with a lot of the comments on here. I have had a Lloyds account for 20 years and always found them to be great..... until you have a problem. I simply as someone elso posted wanted to extend my over draft by £100 to act as a buffer whilst lots of payments were coming out of my account (wedding) and they refused as they did'nt think I could afford to pay it back!

They completly ignored the fact I have an ISA Account and a savings account with them so paying it back would never have been an issue!

This on top of telling me by post i'd been selected for a loan and to phone them to get it only to be told no! Had to go and see my bank manager who said you've already been pre-approved how much would you like?!!

I should vote with my feet I know but I like their internet banking and could do without the hassle of changing everything. Might look at it next year.
Old 22 November 2010, 03:24 PM
Leaney-g
Scooby Regular

For what it's worth, I banked with Lloyds when I was 17 and they were shocking.

I soon moved to HSBC and they're brilliant in fairness.
Old 22 November 2010, 03:33 PM
Trout
Scooby Regular

Strange.
Well there you go - they do have a hard core collections facilty in India after all. It is the only voice processing that they have not brought back to the UK.

I stand corrected.

Quick Reply: Lloyds tsb