Sponsored by:

3" to 2.5" adaptor or refabricate exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 17 November 2010, 11:29 PM
fordrsrickc
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 3" to 2.5" adaptor or refabricate exhaust

i have had fitted to my car for 1 month now from new after being sat in the boxes for a while a roger clark 3" decat downpipe with roger clark silenced centre and 3"team ice backbox which is loud but not as loud as if it was without the silenced centre and the fact my car is twin scroll helps,..but its a bit loud now for the early mornings and i want something a bit quieter so i was considering selling the RCM centre and team ice backbox and refit my fujitsubo system which is just as good quality kit however the design is one of a full one piece system to the downpipe that tapers to 2.5" from 3"all the way through but since i removed the standard twin scroll catted downpipe i will need an adaptor which are available from an auction site to mate the exhaust to my downpipe,.i had it remapped and since there will be a bottle neck effect in the system will i need to have it remapped again and how adverse will the bottle neck have on bhp and free flowing etc or will i be better having a piece welded in to remove the bottle neck bit on the end and where can i get this done and will it be expensive as i liked the sound of the fujitsubo and i have had no interest in it selling it so might refit it and sell my RCM one with the invoice which cost me over £550 inc gaskets only a few month ago. PMs welcome

Last edited by fordrsrickc; 17 November 2010 at 11:33 PM.