Sponsored by:

Trackstar

Search this Thread

Old 08 November 2010, 01:00 PM
Pink_Floyd
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Trackstar

I'm looking for some advice regarding the Trackstar system. The car I'm buying is not listed on the insurance database as having one fitted although it does. When I select the option that states one is fitted it raises the price of the quote

I'd have thought the insurers would be happy to have a device fitted that could essentially save them a full payout if the car is stolen and recovered. Hopefully someone can shed some light on this. I think if they want to load the premium I'll just remove the damn thing, or not activate it.
Old 08 November 2010, 01:17 PM
checksum
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Something similar happened to me also.

I have a WRX300 which has the RAC Trackstar system fitted but not subscribed but when I selected the the correct model through Aviva it listed my car as not having an alarm or any tracking device installed.

I was thinking of phoning them up and complaining but haven't go around to it yet..
Old 08 November 2010, 01:35 PM
fivetide
Scooby Regular

I had to have one fitted in order to get theft cover so perhaps you will be getting additonal cover hence the raised premium?

I'm sure a quick scan of the insurance section will show it reduces most premiums by say £30 but since it costs £130 for a year's subscription it isn't worth it unless, as above, they won't cover for theft without it.

5t.
Old 08 November 2010, 02:07 PM
Pink_Floyd
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Interesting stuff The insurers have not stipulated that I have to have one fitted so it's not a burning issue to be insured. I'll mention it when finalizing the cover. Worst case I'll get it removed
Old 08 November 2010, 03:24 PM
dj_akademix
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Pink_Floyd
Interesting stuff The insurers have not stipulated that I have to have one fitted so it's not a burning issue to be insured. I'll mention it when finalizing the cover. Worst case I'll get it removed
Has the previous owner passed on the necessary tracker documents to you? If not, contact trackstar and tell them the registration + vin number etc as they will have records of the tracker being installed. They can then activate your subscription (if you want it). Then, ask them to sent you a certificate for the installation.

Bell.co.uk have a good discount for trackers, adrian flux also seem reasonable.