ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Thoughts On This Problem Please

Search this Thread

Old 12 October 2010, 04:54 PM
T5OLF
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thoughts On This Problem Please

Pretty sure it would be the company , unless they were sold as seen but then again you didn't see them until after you had paid for them . Item not as described , how long has it been since the transaction ?

Last edited by T5OLF; 02 February 2012 at 04:03 PM.
Old 12 October 2010, 07:59 PM
CHOLTON
Scooby Regular

Pretty sure it would be the company , unless they were sold as seen but then again you didn't see them until after you had paid for them . Item not as described , how long has it been since the transaction ?
Old 12 October 2010, 08:02 PM
T5OLF
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by CHOLTON
They arrived last week but they were paid for a few weeks back, took me a while to sort collection.
Old 12 October 2010, 08:12 PM
Littleted
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

just dispute it m8 paypal can be ok, its always in favour of the buyer not the seller, its them that risk the curse of paypal.

retract it m8.
Old 12 October 2010, 08:32 PM
dunx
Scooby Senior

Dispute what it was paid as a gift ?

Sticky nasty one, it's down to their description of the condition, and your expectations not being reached.

dunx
Old 12 October 2010, 08:38 PM
T5OLF
Scooby Regular

As Dunx says I paid as gift, should have just added an extra 20 quid and paid as normal, live and learn I suppose.
Old 12 October 2010, 10:00 PM
dunx
Scooby Senior

Back in the day, they had a very good reputation...

I'd get them serviced and enjoy !

dunx

P.S. That's also why I went for new Teins...
Old 12 October 2010, 10:10 PM
Mikej857
Scooby Regular

Pay pal will do nothing, In my case I bought something off ebay, didnt fit it for a month and then when I did it didnt work so tried to make a claim and even though the seller offered me a full refund via a private email and admitted he hadnt tested the item before he sold it and it had been sitting in his shed for a few years, he did not respond to anything paypal sent him they found in his favour.

To say I was pissed off is an understatement
Old 12 October 2010, 11:49 PM
Midlife......
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dunx........which company ??

Shaun
Old 13 October 2010, 01:39 AM
SteveoSTi
Scooby Regular

why do so many ppl pay as a gift. u may as well just say here u go m8 have 100 pounds thanx see ya
Old 13 October 2010, 03:54 PM
T5OLF
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by SteveoSTi
why do so many ppl pay as a gift. u may as well just say here u go m8 have 100 pounds thanx see ya
Someone with few posts and new to SN maybe so. But a well know tuning company thats been here for 5 years and states the shocks have no damage and are in good nick, just goes to show you can't trust anyone these days...
Old 13 October 2010, 04:56 PM
Littleted
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

try it, they can only say no.
Old 13 October 2010, 08:00 PM
dunx
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by T5OLF
Ok here is the story so far.

A company on here were advertising a set of Leda coilovers for a customer (his uncle) I emailed them and asked about condition and if I could have them posted.

Email from said company:

Mileage I honestly don't know; the fronts wear replaced completely in 2003 and all four were refurbished by Leda in 2007 and since this time not a great deal of mileage has been covered. (my uncle and the owner) lives in central rural France and comes back here probably 2-3 times a year and the car has only ever been used on the road.

There is no damage to the struts, slight corrosion is present on the strut body themselves and on the springs - xxxx is currently removing them from the car so I'll take some photo's when they're all off for you to see their condition.

Collection is no problem, I did say collection only as I'd have liked the purchaser to see them first hand to ensure they are happy with them prior to purchase and a gift payment through Paypal is fine.

I paid with paypal as a gift, my choice but I though I would be able to trust a company that advertises on here...

Anyway shocks arrived and I start to strip ready for painting, when I removed the spring covers I found a broken spring, not something you would be able to see when they removed them so I was not to concerned, I emailed them and they were happy to pay towards the replacement springs (100 pounds) springs are 86 quid for a pair.

All good I though and carried on cleaning, I then found that one of the rear adjusters was seized and would not move and one of the front adjusters had nothing stopping it from screwing right out and loosing all it's oil.

Leda have quoted £90 pound a shock to fix the adjusters as they need stripping down, so new seals and oil needed as well. You then have the issue of having 2 rebuilt shocks at each corner which screws up the damping settings. 90 pound was a ball park figure, if they find more issues price will rise. I then have postage both ways etc on top.

I have mailed the company but they are unwilling to take the shocks back and expect me to pay for the repairs to the adjusters. Am I wrong to comaplain and ask for a refund, or is it my fault for not collecting them and checking them over? Is my issue with the company, the owner, or just one of those things and tuff ****.
D.C.
Old 13 October 2010, 08:05 PM
Jamo
Cooking on Calor

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

thats harsh, as far I can see you bought them from the company no one else, contact trading standards you have a lot of rights as a buyer.
Old 11 November 2010, 11:11 AM
T5OLF
Scooby Regular

Well thought I would update this. Mocom Racing have stopped answering my emails and the money they promised would be refunded from his father in law who the coilovers came from never arrived.

Avoid this company at all costs.
Old 11 November 2010, 12:22 PM
Scooby Senior

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

disgraceful IMHO !
Old 11 November 2010, 01:13 PM
Cannon Fodder
Scooby Regular

I would try contacting your local Trading Standards office, as I see it the goods were not fit for purpose and therefore you are due a full refund and could include any out of pocket expenses incurred.

In law your contract is with the person selling the goods regardless of the fact that they were his uncles, friends or anyone else related or known to the seller.

I'd compile a record of your dates of contact, emails, phone calls etc and all the relevant facts, a copy of the original advert and take some pics of the failed components plus a quote for the repairs necessary.
Old 12 November 2010, 08:07 PM
T5OLF
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Cannon Fodder
I would try contacting your local Trading Standards office, as I see it the goods were not fit for purpose and therefore you are due a full refund and could include any out of pocket expenses incurred.

In law your contract is with the person selling the goods regardless of the fact that they were his uncles, friends or anyone else related or known to the seller.

I'd compile a record of your dates of contact, emails, phone calls etc and all the relevant facts, a copy of the original advert and take some pics of the failed components plus a quote for the repairs necessary.
Cheers I will give that a try. I was sent a link of the advert on Mocoms website (thanks you know who) I did a screen shot so have that as well now. I'll speak with trading standards next week. I'm guessing they think if they ignore the issue it will go away...

Last edited by T5OLF; 12 November 2010 at 08:11 PM.
Old 12 November 2010, 08:09 PM
T5OLF
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by 53WRX
disgraceful IMHO !
Yes, you would have thought a company like Mocom Racing would have sorted this out, He (Zak) just want's to pass the buck to his father in law who seems unable or unwillling to pick the phone up and sort this out.