Sponsored by:

I couldn't believe my eyes!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07 March 2001, 09:03 PM
SCD Simon
Scooby Regular

Received 47 Likes on 13 Posts
Thumbs down

On my way home from work today,shades on,music blasting when i saw a car coming towards me but quite a way off and i thought scoob cause i could make out the bonnet scoop but as it got closer can you imagine my horror when i realised it was a VAUXHALL OMEGA with a sube scoop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The driver was smiling from ear to ear when he passed me,he must have thought it looked great or it could have been the look of horror on my face,all i could think was dream on M8.

SCD Simon

[This message has been edited by SCD Simon (edited 07 March 2001).]
Old 07 March 2001, 10:12 PM
bennetm
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

If I ever see this (usually a to55er in a nova) I give them the w**ker sign out the window. You have to presume they stole it or bought it off some other theiving scumbuzzard.

If I had PIAA's I would use them on these bellends.

Mark.

Old 07 March 2001, 10:29 PM
AWD
Scooby Regular

Cool

thieving scumbuzzard!!

I like it....
Old 07 March 2001, 10:53 PM
GP
Scooby Regular

bennetm - speaking as a potential reciever of one of your eloquent gestures I realise you chaps are targets for theiving oiks to come rip bits off your car - but spare a thought will you for the (ok - a minority) of people that (a) got theirs at a Subaru price, from a Subaru garage & (b) didn't buy it for looks, but for what it does...

Old 07 March 2001, 11:25 PM
Charlie H
Scooby Regular

Saw a Toyota corolla in Bradford last week with a scooby front bumper attached!!! Foglights and all (No scooby vent, just one from a Renault 19 16V)
Laugh, I nearly bought a round
Old 08 March 2001, 07:34 AM
Fosters
Scooby Regular

Am I right in thinking that preza style scoops are readily available for £20 from most ads in Fast Car/Max Power mags?

(i bought that copy a while back of the RR day with Harj - the man who ate all the pies )

I would think, even for nova boys, it'd be easier to order one over the phone than nick it off a scoob.

...I'll get me coat....
Old 08 March 2001, 10:07 AM
Markus
Scooby Regular

I'm with Fosters, the scooby replica scoobs can be got almost anywhere. Demon Tweeks sells, them original scooby size plus a 3/4 version 'suitable for Nova or Corsa'

So they are not all nicked

Oh, and anyone been in halfords lately? seems they are/have merged with Ripspeed and so all shops are being done up, their leaflet is great it says something like

'...and with merging with ripspeed we've become the mod junkies favourite!'

expect to see scooby style scoobs in halfords in the next few months.

Though I do confess to purchasing a momo leather gearknob from halfords when I got the scooby.

Trending Topics

Old 08 March 2001, 10:12 AM
beatle
Scooby Regular

I saw a Ford Puma driving thru Canary Wharf this morning with a scooby type rear spoiler!!!!!!!!
Old 08 March 2001, 10:45 AM
Bryn
Scooby Regular

Angry

Two young lads driving around in a blue orion with scube scoop in hull. Have to say, my first instinct was that it had been ripped off a scube. Have also seen a BMW 3 series with scoop AND 22B bonnet vents-yuk!!!
Old 08 March 2001, 01:57 PM
Dream Weaver
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by Charlie H:
<B>Saw a Toyota corolla in Bradford last week with a scooby front bumper attached!!! Foglights and all (No scooby vent, just one from a Renault 19 16V)
Laugh, I nearly bought a round[/quote]

Charlie - this wasn't an old shaped Corolla in black was it???? If so I saw it in Blackburn 4 weeks ago. It was one of the better DIY jobs but I still laughed my **** off.

DW

Old 08 March 2001, 02:18 PM
mutant_matt
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by Markus:
<B>Oh, and anyone been in halfords lately? seems they are/have merged with Ripspeed and so all shops are being done up, their leaflet is great it says something like

'...and with merging with ripspeed we've become the mod junkies favourite!'
[/quote]

I got that line also. Trouble is, almost everything that Ripspeed used to sell, Halford now don't. I got the "we are now Ripspeed" line so when I quizzed the "young man" about head unit's and speakers, I got the blank vacant look. Ripspeed used to know what they were talking about and offered good priced kit (well for sound stuff anyway) which was why I used to go there.

Halford haven'd got a clue.....

Matt.
Old 08 March 2001, 08:37 PM
Wurzel
Scooby Senior

Received 73 Likes on 54 Posts
Beatle - A Puma with a scooby rear spoiler! I bet that was a sight, I used to have a Puma (excellent car) how the hell did they fit a scooby spoiler to one though????
Old 08 March 2001, 08:37 PM
ndouglass
Scooby Regular

SCD Simon,

It's all about people wanting to be something they're not... Scoops on a Vauxhall Hmmm First Nova's the Omegas what next the Astramax Van ??

On another note I was driving out of a retail park today and I was one car behind this Honda Integra Type R. He must have seen me cause when he got the chance he booted it and you should've seen the smoke out of his exhaust. I was shocked as it was a T reg, I appeared behind him at the roundabout and he decided to floor it off the roundabout to show me up to his mate in the passenger seat. <B>Big Mistake matey</B>

I was in his slipstream all the way up to a ton and he was pi55ing out all this smoke and I wasn't. His rear bumper was also flapping a bit on the nearside as he tried to get away, I'd had enough fun on the straight and left him so as not to hurt his ego.

Neil
Old 08 March 2001, 09:35 PM
McCrash
Scooby Regular

Angry

Bennetm,

Spot on, do the same thing myself. Speaking as a victim of bonnet scoop theft I'd like to arrange for these little tossers to have their front teeth smashed in with my 3 wood.

Little ****s, why can't they just get a woman instead of spending all their money on doing up their crap cars?

Grrrrrrrr - I better stop, this subject just drives me bonkers. Whether is was acquired legitimately or not, if the car never came with a scoop or spoiler then it doesn't need one, end of story.

Old 09 March 2001, 12:04 AM
Weaver
Scooby Regular

Smile

I think it looks OK even though the Mk2 Astra ain't my favourite mode of vehicular transport

More importantly it has the "go" to match the "show"

Brummmm, Brummmmmm

Sorry it's Friday and I am feeling a little maaaadddddddddd LOL
Old 09 March 2001, 12:15 AM
DrEvil
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Fair enuff GP, if it helps squeeze and extra few HP then why not..

After all, we all do things to scoobs to get a little extra out of them, like induction kits, decat systems etc...

I think the thing that angers most scoob owners is when said bonnet scoop belonged to a scoob only a few days before (it was ripped off in some car park).. There is always that eliment of wonder, ie. wonder if thats been nicked or bought for that car. No disrespect meant to the non-scoob communities.

Alex
Old 09 March 2001, 12:23 AM
bennetm
Scooby Regular

Ok,

Fair point lads, but I think it looks tacky and really dont think it will make much difference, you can only get so much air in anyway.
If you came up and asked me my opinion to my face, I would tell you it looked F***ing s**t. But as long as you're happy with it.

End of.

Old 09 March 2001, 12:31 AM
Weaver
Scooby Regular

Wink

bennetm I never realised you had such a way with words LOL

I wish I could go back to the ward, sorry home now
Old 09 March 2001, 12:54 AM
Fosters
Scooby Regular

Talking

Argue all you like, but a bonnet scoop on a rear engined car is a tad silly, eh?

Old 09 March 2001, 01:29 AM
Mac's Power
Scooby Regular

Angry

Best I've seen is an MR2 near me with one in his bonnet !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope it wets his golf clubs
He makes a point of parking beside me every time he can

Paul.
Old 09 March 2001, 02:05 AM
JKJ
Scooby Newbie

The Puma that you saw was fitted with a standard Ford aftermarket part not a Subaru spoiler, and you are right they are not the prettiest thing.
Old 09 March 2001, 07:34 AM
Lafora
Scooby Newbie

Seems like you boys on the other side of the pond have the same problem we have over here. Except with us, it's the Altezza tail lights.

Those lights are ugly..even on the Altezza.
Old 09 March 2001, 09:40 AM
GP
Scooby Regular

and - oh well, misguided preconceptions and narrow mindedness dies hard I guess.

Old 09 March 2001, 10:13 AM
bennetm
Scooby Regular

Wink

McCrash, nice one!

GP,
you say people put these vents on for more than looks? The reason its there is to supply air to the intercooler, and you will find them on most turbocharged cars. No turbo - no vent neded. Non turbo cars don't need this degree of cooling and it will make f**k all difference to the performance, as they dont run that hot anyway.

And they really do look **** when they're not supposed to be there... Personally I have a thing about boy racers in Nova's, they always drive up your **** and try it on. The fact that we have over 120 hp seems to make no odds. And a K&N doesn't make it a scooby eater...

Mark.

Old 09 March 2001, 10:56 AM
GP
Scooby Regular

you perpetuate your own ignorance by believing as such.. I've got well over 200bhp without a turbo - how do you think the best way to feed air to such an engine... omigosh! some sort of vent is surely in order!!...duh

look, I've got nothing to prove here - I'm simply the voice (faint, it seems ) representing those who would probably wish they weren't whitewashed with such blase stereotypes from other drivers with an obvious axe to grind - tell me, would you be so forthcoming with your visual er... 'humour' if we were both parked up where I could tap your window to ask exactly why you felt you knew me well enough do that... ? - I dare you to answer honestly.

[This message has been edited by GP (edited 09 March 2001).]
Old 09 March 2001, 11:01 AM
longun
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

(Flame Coat/suit jacket boot and socks on)

Don't get me wrong I don't like the look of the scoop on some cars but if I owned say a Turbo car that wasn't a scooby and needed more air due to overheating is it ok to use it then? Whats sooooo wrong with people using the scoop off a scooby. As long as they went out and paid for it. A lot of you go out and put big wheels on your car. next thing you will be saying nova boys can't do that cuz they are copying you. What is it because they don't own a 20K car they aren't as good as you or because they have only got 75Bhp they can't mod there car. Yes some of them are **** and some of them do try and race all the time I get it as well but don't judge the majority by the minority.

(Flame gear off)

Which way to the muppet forum this is all a bit to serious for me

Old 09 March 2001, 11:16 AM
Jay m A
Scooby Regular

Location: Class record holder at Pembrey Llandow Goodwood MIRA Hethel Blyton Curborough Lydden and Snetterton
Cool

I can't believe I'm justifying scoops on Novas but if the air from the scoop is directed straight onto thier (K+N, natch) filter then maybe, just maybe the car breathes cooler air than that under the pre-scoop bonnet.

It could, I stress could increase power by a few bhp (which is a gain of 10% on some Novas )

Plus the bloke can bang on about ram air bolox down the pub to his mates

Justin
Old 09 March 2001, 11:30 AM
Weaver
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

longun - couldn't agree more.....

Anyway who said you could have spoilers on your cars, copying the F1 boys are we
Old 09 March 2001, 11:44 AM
GP
Scooby Regular

answer honestly - does this look sooooo bad ?
Old 09 March 2001, 01:52 PM
GP
Scooby Regular

aaah but in that hypothetical situation I described I wouldn't ask would I ? - I noticed you avoided answering truthfully in THAT context.. no matter, I've never cared about opinions from anyone so obviously driven by the need to bolster their own ego by knocking other people - perhaps I'll go buy a new Evo7 as a third car and stick a scoob vent on that <B>just</B> to annoy <B>you</B> - aaah but wait - that a <B>proper</B> car isn't it, so that'll probably be ok in your book

...anyhoo, verbal jousting with hypocrites aside, a NA car running direct per-cylinder induction such as mine loses on average 10bhp for every 25 degrees C raise in induction temp.

[This message has been edited by GP (edited 09 March 2001).]

Quick Reply: I couldn't believe my eyes!!!!!!!!!!!