Sponsored by:

wot 2 do if breaker supplies bust part?

Search this Thread

Old 03 April 2002, 04:56 PM
scooby_si
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

As per title wot's the best plan then, as i ordered a rev counter the other day in the saga of Simon trys 2 sort out his bumbled white dial installation. Anyhow it turns up 2day & it seems 2 b bust in the same way the ones i've already killed r in the sense that the spindle comes out slightly & as such doesn't return 2 zero as it should I had asked them 2 check it didn't do this b4 agreeing 2 it & they had said they wood replace if it wasn't up2 scratch. However being the sceptic i am i just wanted 2 check where i stood in such a dilema.
NB no i aint tried installing it yet but i'm not optimistic it will work & yes i payed on credit card!
Any info greatly appreciated
Si
Old 03 April 2002, 05:06 PM
tweenierob
Scooby Regular

in the past i have had some arguments with breakers "it was ok when we sent it" i think you should be completely ok if they get 'monkey' about it as you paid by c/card, most cards give cover for exactly this reason...
Rob
Old 03 April 2002, 06:13 PM
scooby_si
Scooby Regular

Question

Out of interest any1 know if an unplugged dial thing will still return from say 7000rpm to zero without any power?
I'm now hoping it aint actually mullered but i still dont wana b too hopefull
Si
Old 03 April 2002, 08:09 PM
hdcsub
Scooby Regular

as i think it was myself you purchased this from, as i said at the time i would replace it if there was to be a problem.this could be the reason i have been trading 18yrs.(not one of the fly by night operations that have appeared due to the current popularity of Subaru`s). hopes this answers your querie.
Old 03 April 2002, 08:36 PM
scooby_si
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Indeedy chap, howdy. I am hoping i was an eager beaver (not 2 mention paranoid) & i shall sample the goodies 2moz so fingers x'd all is as shud b
Wasn't meaning owt detremental 2 yer goodselves Co. just like 2 investigate where i might stand, options etc.
Reassuring 2 no it's a fellow scoobynetter thou, my mind is now much more settled wibble wibble, lol.
Si
Old 04 April 2002, 08:23 PM
scooby_si
Scooby Regular

Wink

I is mongol i is retard As it does seem to work as it should. I was intreged by the fact that it doesn't fit properly behing the black surrounding bit as there is a bit sticking out the right of the dial, where it was on the left on my previous un. Doesn't really matter as i will, hopefully successfully, be replacing it with the white dial which does fit. I was just intreged as 2 whether it had come from a WRX or sumin that had rev counter on the right hand side? As i say i don't care if it works as it should but was intreged?
Si
Old 04 April 2002, 08:54 PM
hdcsub
Scooby Regular

Glad to see it works. I`m not really sure which car it came from as the odometer had already gone. It was cable drive though.