Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

So who tried to race a Skoda today and somewhat OWNED !!

Search this Thread

Old 10 August 2010, 06:22 PM
Fuzz
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So who tried to race a Skoda today and somewhat OWNED !!

Come on then, which one of you lot decided to have a play with a Skoda today that was going rather more than the speed limit on a motorway near Corby today.

What you failed to realise was that it was my cousins husband and he was in the middle of doing his police advanced driving refresh course in it... .

120mph.. lucky you just had the blues and told to slow down.
New underwear when you go home Sir?

Last edited by Fuzz; 10 August 2010 at 08:13 PM.
Old 10 August 2010, 06:37 PM
abbott
Scooby Regular

Sounds like a clenching moment.
Old 10 August 2010, 07:02 PM
jameswrx
Scooby Regular

Received 40 Likes on 27 Posts

Lol
Old 10 August 2010, 07:06 PM
JonMc
Scooby Senior

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Oops, like the RS Focus that chose to play with the old geezer in the Jag XF a couple of weekends ago
Old 10 August 2010, 07:09 PM
dunx
Scooby Senior

That was me on Sunday, but as I had the dog in the back, it wasn't going to be a win for me... so I moved out of the way once up to 70 mph.

dunx
Old 10 August 2010, 07:12 PM
Rich D
Scooby Regular

sounds similar to something I saw on my way home tonight

young lad in an Integra with a stupidly loud exhaust on giving it VTEC Yo through town, I heard him coming a mile off

I was at the lights opposite, as he came flying up, failing to notice the unmarked Police S-Max that he passed at well over the speed limit, who gave chase and I found him pulled over a couple of mins later

FAIL
Old 10 August 2010, 07:46 PM
wylie1
Scooby Regular

i saw something like this me and the girlfriend was otside a pub on a busy long stretch of road having a meal in the sun when were just heard the roar of a ferrari 360 cab some old bloke magnum pi glasses the lot revving the hell out of it now dont get my wrong ferrari is the best sounding car in the world anyway as the lights go green he plants his foot but what he didnt was the subaru police car coming the otherway oh how we all laughed i left the pub 20mins later as i drove home they caught him half a mile down the road and was still there hahahahahahahah

Trending Topics

Old 10 August 2010, 11:44 PM
daz1968
Scooby Regular

I have had unmarked police cars really try to push me to have a play, presumably trying to get me to do something wrong so they can catch me, I just don't raise to the bait anymore as you never know who is in the other car. But bet the one following the skoda started to panic when he realised what he had done.
Old 10 August 2010, 11:46 PM
Fuzz
Scooby Regular

Ahh second hand info always falls down, wasn't today..
Old 11 August 2010, 12:39 PM
war1974
Scooby Regular

think unmarked cars should be treated the same as police entrapment and any fines etc given shouldnt stand! know a few folks who have had similar police 'lets play' tactics and been caught out!
Old 11 August 2010, 01:02 PM
stilover
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by daz1968
I have had unmarked police cars really try to push me to have a play, presumably trying to get me to do something wrong so they can catch me, I just don't raise to the bait anymore as you never know who is in the other car. But bet the one following the skoda started to panic when he realised what he had done.

They got me that way years ago. Coming back from a night out at 1am, a car came screaming up behind me, proper cm off my bumper. I turned left, so did he, I turned right, so did he. I could see more than 1 person sat in the car behind, and not being able to see clearly who they were I started to get a bit nervous as to who they were. I speeded up to put a little distance between us, but again the car was glued to my rear bumper.

Getting close to home, and not much petrol in the tank, I decided to put a big distance between us, and floored it. Getting into the Village I had to slow down allowing them to catch up. I swung into the driveway and was going to make a dash for the front door when I noticed 2 police officers getting out of the car.

What then happened was a shouting match. They were shouting at me for speeding, and I was shouting at them for baiting me.

Got off with a warning to slow down, but only after I'd explained that at that time of night/morning, and alone, I feared for who they were, so put my foot down.
Old 11 August 2010, 01:10 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Thats jus appaling , id have wanted them reprimanded .
Old 11 August 2010, 10:06 PM
edbear2
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by daz1968
Why do they do this???........I was going about 28 in a 30 about a year back, when I noticed a Skoda about 400 yards in front, coming towards me, slam on it's brakes, and reverse quickly backwards into a farm entrance ....I carried on, slowing even more as I approached the entrance, and looked left to see 2 disappointed and sheepish looking old bill

Had a couple more....all at legal speed...the givaway is you see lights coming up pretty quick behind, then they slow and hold back about 50 yards, hoping you will go for it.......I just wish they would concentrate on all the people out there who cost me a fortune in alarms and insurance just to own a Scooby.....
Old 11 August 2010, 10:14 PM
saloonwoody
Scooby Regular

let em come up behind me close , ill give em a good ol brake test
Old 12 August 2010, 06:44 AM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Mate of mine pulled up next to an RS at as set of lights in his Civil Type R .. they looked at each other and the RS rev'd .. my mate smiled and rev'd back .. the RS then played a really nice tune from his siren and smiled more .. my mate nodded at him and continued on his way .. very slowly
Old 12 August 2010, 10:41 AM
Brun
Scooby Senior

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Old 12 August 2010, 11:13 AM
dunx
Scooby Senior

That's not so clever I can do that...

Opps !

Did I actually type that out-loud ?

dunx