Sponsored by:

come back from dogdy shell v power

Search this Thread

Old 09 August 2010, 08:24 PM
happydude303
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default come back from dogdy shell v power

i went to fill my car up, well put 20.00 quid in tonight and there was one pump with v power still working no yellow do not use sing. the guy in the shop look at me turned the pump on happy days ,, then i went in and the other guy who in there says oh we have had a problem with these pumps where there was a small trace of water in there. i was not please at best but i will call shell tomorrow and let them know, but what i would like to now is if my eninge goes pop would they be liable for this and the fact that there is only v power ever in my tank and this place i always go to by my home is probally the only shell garage with this problem it should not be to hard to prove what do you guys think as im not a happy bunny ,, hopfully it is a smaal trace liek they say and all will be fine
Old 09 August 2010, 08:50 PM
al02uk
Scooby Regular

Water is not uncommon in fuel tanks because of the condensation when the product cools down. However the fuel levels should never be allowed to get so low that water starts coming through the pump (as the water always settles to the bottom) they are also supposed to be serviced regularly, which includes draining out the water.

They will be liable if something goes wrong, but it will have to effect a number of vehicles rather than just yours, otherwise they can just say that yours is an isolated incident as they had no complaints from anywhere else. To cover yourself, document the fact that you went in there on x date at x time and put x amount of fuel in your car, ensure that you keep the reciept. If something does go wrong then you should obtain a copy of the tank maintenance shedule to ensure that the periodic services have been completed at the right times for a start.

It might be something out of nothing, but its alway best to be prepared. And remember the big oil companies do not like bad publicity (and I'm not just talking about BP)

Andy
Old 09 August 2010, 08:54 PM
happydude303
Scooby Regular

lol yeah i now what you mean with the bp thing and yeah hopefully its nothing to worry about i never let my car go les than a quater of a tank but i will be phoning them up the shell complaint and letting them no what sort of monkeys they have working there p.s it the chndlers ford garage in hampshire eastleigh
Old 09 August 2010, 09:05 PM
al02uk
Scooby Regular

Unfortnately the days are gone where forecourt managers had to work for their money, most tank levels are monitored electronically now, so no-one bothers to dip them anymore. I only ever see them putting cones out for the delivery drivers.

As you said, don't let it run with less than a quarter of a tank. I'm not sure if subaru fuel tanks have a drain tap, I'm assuming that they have something. If it does, on your next service just get them to drain a few litres out, any water in there will come out first.
Old 09 August 2010, 09:11 PM
happydude303
Scooby Regular

will do dude i might drian the tank at the week end just in case as im not ready to spend another 3500 on another forged engine build for at least another two years as this one is only two years old this september