Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2,1/2" Vs 3" bore size (cobra race pipe)

Search this Thread

Old 02 August 2010, 07:45 PM
abbott
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation 2,1/2" Vs 3" bore size (cobra race pipe)

Hi i have just ordered a cobra race pipe with a 2,1/2" bore only thing is my sis is picking it up in the morning (i live in the scottish highlands so it saves me astronomical delivery) since shes on her way home tommorow anyway she can nip in and pick her up for me ............

Now to the fun part i believed my exhaust to be a 2,1/2 because it wasnt very loud etc but ive gone outside to have a wee peak and notice im actually sporting a Fujitsubo FGK 3"er wich i believe is putting me in a bit of a predicement.

Will my new zorst fit ie even though the bore size will the clamp's still be the same size etc or will i be snookered , its not a MAJOR biggy just the fact shes coming home tommorow wich would mean i would have it tommorow night and save myself 20 sheets on delivery , or on the other hand am i buckled and am going to have to wait for one in 3" bore to be made and delivered (takes blooooooooody ages for stuff to arrive up here)

And aswell as that would i be frowned upon by changing from a 3" to a 2,1/2" bore , as i thought since its a racepipe anyway its hardly going to be restrictive anyways due to no box etc anyways is it ?

Thanks in adavance for any help
Old 02 August 2010, 10:21 PM
abbott
Scooby Regular

anyone know if it will fit ?
Old 03 August 2010, 08:25 AM
mit
Scooby Regular

What part of the exhaust are you changing?
I have 2.5", with sports cat on mine, 350bhp, and it's not a limiting factor ,yet. 400bhp seems to be the limit.
Old 03 August 2010, 04:35 PM
abbott
Scooby Regular

Well this morning i wisened up and thought to myself whats the point in doing that just to save 20 bucks and a couple of days , so i ordered the 3" pipe and am waiting for Friday hopefully being the big day for delivery ...... absolutely cant wait

I absolutely could not reccomend the service i have recieved from the lads at cobra exhausts any higher if i tried !!