Sponsored by:

evo owners mocked on top gear

Search this Thread

Old 01 August 2010, 10:20 PM
firebug
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default evo owners mocked on top gear

made me laugh wen clarkson ripped evos owners when some bloke who mentioned 1.... well done

Old 01 August 2010, 10:25 PM
seddomyster
Scooby Regular

was it on tonight? was it scooby v evo or just a random comment?
Old 01 August 2010, 10:36 PM
firebug
Scooby Regular

yea it started at 9.30 because of athletics. jeff goldblum was on and clarkson asked him something like best sports car hed want and some guy said evo. then clarkson took **** saying if you ask an evo driver what car they have they reply in a thick slow sounding voice with a dumb look on there face.
Old 01 August 2010, 10:37 PM
shawn r
Scooby Regular

funny as. Brought a smile to my face anyway. :-)
Old 02 August 2010, 01:13 AM
Mr_White
Scooby Regular

'Got an evuhhhh'
Old 02 August 2010, 07:30 AM
Anger
Scooby Regular

Received 30 Likes on 17 Posts

i was there for filming on wednesday and thought they would cut that bit out.... Knew i should have told my evo driving friends to watch
Old 02 August 2010, 07:36 AM
tony de wonderful
Scooby Regular

LOL.

But I hardly think Clarkson thinks Impreza drivers are cultured intellectuals.

Trending Topics

Old 02 August 2010, 09:30 AM
scooby L
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by tony de wonderful
LOL.

Yeah..I was laughing but waiting for an Impreza dig to follow...
Old 02 August 2010, 09:59 AM
Lofty91
Scooby Regular

I thought Clarkson's wife had an evo, not sure where i got that info from but its in my head from somewhere????
Old 02 August 2010, 10:08 AM
JohnD
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tony de wonderful
LOL.

Yes, I thank the Lord that no idiot shouted 'Subaru' I think Clarkson may have been even more scathing! It was bad enough that some fool shouted 'EVO'
Why is it that so many of these so called 'celebrities' think they are so righteous and have a divine mission to save the planet by proudly exclaiming that they drive a Prius. Do they really think the car buying public will follow their lead especially someone like Goldblum (spelling?) who has an 'interesting acting style, but came over as a bit of an idiot on the show?

JohnD
Old 02 August 2010, 02:58 PM
jayallen
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Mr_White

'Got an evuhhhh'
Ok, who's going to take this pic and make into one of those fail kinda pics...
Old 02 August 2010, 04:31 PM
Dirk Diggler 75
Scooby Regular

Clarkson has mocked subaru drivers in the past.The only thing or person he hasn't mocked is HIMSELF....
Old 02 August 2010, 04:38 PM
zippy!
Scooby Regular

yeah he may have mocked scooby owners in the past but on the show with the blobeye sti vs the evo 8 both him and richard hammond said they would rather have the subaru every time! which will also be a big to the evo boys
Old 02 August 2010, 05:09 PM
Mifo
Scooby Regular

Got a scoob-ehhh
Old 02 August 2010, 06:27 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler 75
Clarkson has mocked subaru drivers in the past.The only thing or person he hasn't mocked is HIMSELF....
He does it all the time, from his pubic hair style on his swede to his age, bad back and beer gut. You obviously don't watch much Topgear if you think he doesn't take the preverbial out of himself
Old 02 August 2010, 06:39 PM
dunx
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by Mr_White
Is that the Stig in "civvies" then ?

LOL

dunx
Old 02 August 2010, 07:27 PM
Camoscooby
Scooby Regular

[quote=Mr_White;9526390]

TOYOTA PRIUS
Will turn you into one of these.........................

Old 02 August 2010, 07:52 PM
paulbu
Scooby Regular

From The Sunday Times

January 20, 2008
Subaru Impreza WRX STi

Tailor-made for the hard of thinking

Jeremy Clarkson

There are many ways to tell if someone is a bit thick. You can sit them in a room and ask them to push various bits of plastic into a wooden box. Or you can ask them to describe a cloud. Or you can carefully measure the distance between their eyes, the height of their forehead or the length of their arms.
But there’s another, easier way of establishing whether someone is two spanners short of a tool box. Just ask them this simple question: “Are you wearing a Subaru rally jacket?” Because if they are, you will need to speak more slowly.
I’ll let you into a little secret. Each week, when Top Gear is on air, we prepare two scripts. One is a polysyllabic orgy of complex thoughts on the meaning of human happiness. And the other is full of words such as “****” and “****”. Choosing which one eventually gets used depends on how many audience members turn up in Subaru Imprezas.
No, really. If the audience is largely in tweed and Viyella, you can make them laugh with oblique references to Dickens and the iniquities of colonialism in 19th century Calcutta. If it’s a forest of Subaru baseball caps out there, we stick to genitals and spend the day skidding around the studio on banana skins.
Of course, there are intelligent Subaru drivers, but for the majority of them, there are only eight letters in the alphabet. WRX STIR and B.
I think the problem may be this. A Subaru Impreza is seen by the rallying fraternity as the golden-wheeled wonder boy. It was a Subaru that took Richard Burns to his world championship, and a Subaru with which Colin McRae became synonymous. Subarus are to rallying, then, what Ferrari is to Formula One.
And rallying, I’m afraid, is a sport for the terminally gormless. You stand there, on a frozen Welsh hillside, not knowing whether to drink the soup you’ve made or pour it into your wellingtons. And the evening is enlivened only when a pair of extremely noisy headlights whizz by, hurling a million bits of gravel into your face. The only good news about this is that your face is so chuffing cold you can’t feel the blood tricking out of all the open wounds.
What’s more, you do not know what sort of car the headlights were attached to. You do not know who was driving. And you do not know whether they were travelling faster than the previous set of headlights that spewed stones into your iced-up cheeks.
Rallying is the only sport on God’s earth where you watch the event live but do not know who’s won until long after you’ve got home and had a bath to remove all the mud that became stuck to you when you fell over in a Welsh wood at three in the morning.
The only possible reason for being there is to see someone called Stig Stigsson crash. Except you won’t, of course, because the rally is thousands of miles long and the chances of there being a prang right where you’re standing is remote. And even if you are lucky, you won’t actually see the impact because you’ll have been blinded by grit thrown into your eyes by Stig Magnesstig’s Citroën.
Of course, there is another way of going rallying, and that’s to take part. This is very simple. You buy a car that costs thousands of pounds. You then have that car tweaked and prepared, which costs even more. And then you drive it at incredibly high speed into a tree.
Show me someone who has a Subaru then and I’ll show you someone who thinks rallying is fun. And that means we’re almost certainly talking about a person who breathes through his mouth and has short legs, no forehead and one, possibly lacerated, eye.
Strangely, however, Subaru Imprezas have always been rather intelligent cars. They were so much more quiet and refined than alternatives from Ford and Mitsubishi. You got the impression that an Impreza would know how to hold a knife and fork. And whether to have its cheese before its pudding.

Last edited by paulbu; 02 August 2010 at 07:54 PM.
Old 02 August 2010, 08:17 PM
Dan W
Scooby Regular

Location: Secretly saving for another Blobeye STI. Crystal Grey. Widetrack

What Clarkson actually beleives and what he writes as a motoring journalist can be two differnet things.

When critiqueing a car I think he tries to be honest but puts his spin on things,

but with other things I think there's a grain of truth in what he says but he embelishes it so much as to make it good to read and listen to but not neccessarily very accurate.

He'll just talk or write in a way he thinks is funny. But I dont think he even pays much attention to his own output. Its just broadcasting.
Old 02 August 2010, 08:50 PM
IJE71
Scooby Regular

It does seem a bit strange to me to take the **** out of your core audience. Petrolheads watch Top Gear, they show Ferarri's, Lambo's, Bugati's all the top end performance cars but your average petrolhead can't afford a Veyron so they buy what they can afford. Impreza's and Evo's in my opinion are the top end when it comes to bang for buck. I'm sure if we could afford it we would all be driving Ferarri's, Lambo's, Astons or anything else from the top of the power lap board.
Old 03 August 2010, 08:55 PM
mantazini
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by IJE71
It does seem a bit strange to me to take the **** out of your core audience. Petrolheads watch Top Gear, they show Ferarri's, Lambo's, Bugati's all the top end performance cars but your average petrolhead can't afford a Veyron so they buy what they can afford. Impreza's and Evo's in my opinion are the top end when it comes to bang for buck. I'm sure if we could afford it we would all be driving Ferarri's, Lambo's, Astons or anything else from the top of the power lap board.
+1
Old 03 August 2010, 09:11 PM
scooby seb
Scooby Regular

He did exactly the same thing a few years ago with exactly the same accent when someone mentioned a cossy!!!!!

Needs some new material!!!