Sponsored by:

SORN'ing The Scoob For At Least 3 Months

Search this Thread

Old 27 July 2010, 03:43 PM
Glowplug
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry SORN'ing The Scoob For At Least 3 Months

Well due to circumstances my control I have to SORN my car for a minimum of 3 months

The stituation is far from ideal but it's the best I can do. She will be sat outside on gravel, I have a stormforcecover which will be pegged down (tent stylee) and she will be fully washed, dried and waxed before hand.

Any other tips re: battery, brakes, clutch, tyres, fluids ventilation ect or anything that is going to help come September are most appreciated

Thanx, Steve.
Old 27 July 2010, 06:09 PM
Mark'sWRX
Scooby Regular

I would disconnect (or remove) the battery unless you need the alarm for insurance purposes. The battery will need charging regularly otherwise.

Overinflate the tyres to 40-50psi will prevent them losing their shape and obviously leave the handbrake off (chock wheels if necessary).

Ensure that the discs are thoroughly dry after you wash it. I once left mine for 2 weeks in the garage after driving home in the rain and the pads stuck solid to the discs!.
Old 27 July 2010, 06:57 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

OK, chock the wheels with something and leave the handbrake off. Oh, let your insurance company know, they may reduce the premium and also may well need to know to keep you insurance up to date. if you have a/c you should perhaps run it once a month for a few mins with the a/c on however leaving idling for along period is not ideal either really. you might want to leave the sunroof slightly open or a window even if under cover so the air circulates inside the car

Might well be worth changing the engine oil and filter once you put it back on the road and take it easy for 30 or so miles once back on the road, gentle acceleration and braking.

Three months is not that long really so nothing major to do.
Old 27 July 2010, 08:59 PM
Glowplug
Scooby Regular

Thanx lads, I will implement your ideas

Yeah i know 3 months ain't long(it is a minimum though) but I've never SORN a car before. If it's mine it gets run, at least weekly. I'm gutted

Gotta rely on Mrs Bat and her 306 D-Turbo now