Big thanks to Osbourne Garages

Search this Thread

Old 02 April 2002, 09:43 AM
M@TT
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

First test drive of the new STI ;->

Big thanks to Tim Taylor at Colchester - The car looks superb all done up in world rally style stickers and in black !

Unfortunatley only 50 miles on the clock so no going over 4000rpm but will take you up on the offer of having her for half a day when she's run in !

First impressions are that the suspension is great - road holding superb but couldn't test anything to the extreme for testing purposes against my GT4.

I recommend anyone going along to the lads here just to take a pic of the car if nothing else !

They also have 2 P1's and an RB5 for sale !

Cheers
Matt
ST205 - Colchester
Old 02 April 2002, 10:12 AM
ragnarock
Scooby Regular

Your'e not seeing the light and going for a scooby now are you Matt???
I was just speking to a customer in NZ, all my modifications are now going to come from there, boost meters £10, downpipes £70, Link ECU £300!

How is the GT4???
Old 02 April 2002, 10:48 AM
M@TT
Scooby Regular

Talking

That's blooby cheap for a link ecu !

Must admit the STI was looking good from the inside. I suppose the looks from the outside would grow on me ??

A prodrive upgrade might be available for under £2000 and take it over 300bhp as well so it's tempting !

New house or car new house or car girlfriend or car ???

The GT4's still going strong I will have to check out insurance options for the STI don't suppose that'll be a pretty sight !

Email me offline with ya contacts in NZ don't suppose they do unichips ??

If I went down the upgrade route on mine (Power only) it would be

Induction Filter £150
Exhaust H & S £450 +
Unichip £550 (includes setup)

Could be running close to 300bhp - probably real bhp and not make believe.

Brakes don't need too much upgrading perhaps better disks/pads could do with lowering it a bit with TRD springs but we'll see.

Or get the STI with 3 years warranty and a hugh loan ?

Car house girlfriend cats car ?

Bugger

Matt
UKST205 - Colchester
Old 02 April 2002, 11:03 AM
ragnarock
Scooby Regular

sod the girlfriend, youve got hands havent you???

The bug-eyed look is certainly growing on me, although I would still choose the old style (just mho).

Did the STi feel much faster than your GT4???

Osbournes certainly seem to be quite helpful (but then again I would if i was trying to sell £20 odd grands worth of car!!!

When you get it for half a day, you will have to come and see me!
Old 02 April 2002, 11:24 AM
M@TT
Scooby Regular

Talking

How's the MY98 going then - haven't heard yyou blasting through the back roads ?

Thought the exhaust was loud ?

Back to the bug eye ! Couldn't tell any difference in pick up but then I chaged at 4000rpm when the change gear light came on !

Did notice a harder ride felt quite weird going slow but seemed to ease going faster. Turn is was great the steering was very responsive and I can see these things chewing up most cars on the twisties. The brakes were excellent a bit better than mine as it has an extra 1 pot at the back. 4pot front 2 pot back.

Would like to know if anyone has compared the STI to an EVO ? The STI drove like I would expect an evo to drive.

I'll put you on the list for people to visit - It will be a nice little drive from Colchester to Ipswich.

Then I can hear ou zorst !

Matt
UKST205 - Colchester
Old 02 April 2002, 01:18 PM
ragnarock
Scooby Regular

sounds nice!

Driven rated the EVO better than the STi, but then that is Driven for you! I suppose at the end of the day, it is horses for courses, and there will always be people sticking religiously to their marques!

Personnally i think all the japanese exotica are fantastic, but will always have a special "thing" for Scoobies!
Old 02 April 2002, 03:32 PM
M@TT
Scooby Regular

Talking

Nuff said - you know my favourite is the old shape

Osbournes have 2 P1's and an RB5 there and I couldn't help thinking how much nicer they looked ! - more muscular car really !
Still, will have to wait for the magic 1000 miles on the demo car then I can really comment on the STI's ability.

Will make sure that the GT4 has been suitably driven before hand for a true comparison.

Give us a call matey the summer nights are nearly here which means a quick burn through the B roads in the scooby and GT4 ;-)

Matt
UKST205 - Colchester

Trending Topics

Old 02 April 2002, 04:34 PM
Gary- X705+++
Scooby Regular

Cool

Hey If you fancy running in your STi why not come up to the Nottingham meet on 7th April,(OVER 200 Cars) I'm goning from Ipswich and the norwich boys are going too. see www.scoobycity.co.uk/phpBB/ for local scooby stuff for east anglia.

Gary
Ipswich